Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jade Dynasty: 3rd Anniversary Interview

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,148MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Jade Dynasty is celebrating its third birthday this month and we managed to catch up to Community Manager Matthew Pecot to talk about the game, where it's been, where it's going and more. Read on!

MMORPG: Congrats on three years with Jade Dynasty! How has the game been in recent months? 

Matthew Pecot: From a content standpoint, Jade Dynasty’s been a little quiet since we released the Empyrean Lands update – but you wouldn’t be able to tell if you jumped in-game. We’ve rolled out a number of popular GM-run events and had players hit several milestones, including the first time a player-run alliance has conquered the entire Territory Wars map.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Jade Dynasty: Anniversary Interview with Matthew Pecot.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 tampa, FLPosts: 300Member

to much marketting talk for my taste :/  after  8 years of hearing the same words rehashed its  become  way too obvious and annoying -_-

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,259Member Uncommon

This is a very typical f2p game.  Heavy grind, very little end game, no redeeming qualities from my point of view, yet people still play it?

• acmintz469acmintz469 CaguasPosts: 1Member

@ozmodan - yes game use to have very litter endgame and this site, obviously dont care on updating photo of the game because even the interface have change alot. but they have add alot of In-game content for endgame, lot of PVP and more. the problem is that as the community know's the PVP is base on GEARS not on SKILLS( well a good player can kill anyways like me=p ) but is maily a gear game. PVp dont come that often unless the people that are Super geared up dont play, that that failure of the game. i can tell you because am a 3 years Veteran of it. and even tho i got my gear whit hard work othere just spend 10,000$+ on it and are imba. so yea is not a end-game failure, is a marketing and failure.but anyways. the game  come to be a sensation on China and Japan, for more then 5 years. and it's has been  one of the most played game there. so yea the only diferent is that ZX(china version) Give player help in-game like sigil's and othere stuff to help gearing people - and PWI Never does that, which is like a Instant fail for the company. but anyways is a Good game and good PVP if you know how to enjoy it.

• dspencer2dspencer2 Salisbury, MDPosts: 4Member

What the are you talking about??? You are waaaay off on your GUESS on how the game currently is. There is no way in hell that you are a 3 year veteran in this game.

There is very LITTLE endgame content in this game! Level cap is 150, and can literally do EVERYTHING by level 135. Dread Labyrinth, Crimson Peaks, Moontop Hollow... These three things are shit instances that had very little thought put into them and are bugged all the hell up. Dare I even mention Fort pvp??? That shit has been bugged SINCE DAY ONE!!!

There are more problems wrong with the game now than there were in Closed Beta. Soooo many features were shit and trashed mid-creation, and never finished, and just left into the game to rot without attention from the developers. Landlord, gardening, transform gems are good examples.

One of the most fucked up things is that PWE advertised cross server PvP with the Elysium map over a year ago in an expansion... But they refused to actually add the map into the game until a year later. They literally LIED to all the customers and said it was being worked on, when they, no shit, knew it was a complete fail. They KNEW it is impossible to get cross server pvp, but they didn't want to tell the customers that because they spent a fuck load of time advertising for it. Oooomg what a fucking fail right there...

They constantly lie to customers and rip them off with promotions. I spent $60 on wedding packs for an event on the website, and they refused to send me a gay "treasure chest" thing which I can't remember the name of atm.

The Free ZEN Offers shit is a complete scam. If you can manage to get it to work, it is a miracle. All it does is sell your information to 3rd party buyers. They sold information saying that I was a Jade Dynasty player to a group of people who had made a fake customer support page, trying to trick people into entering their username/password do that they can steal the email AND the accounts. WTF IS THAT?????? Is that the business model of a trust worthy company?? Absolutely not.

Once the Ascension expansion came, the game went down hill and PvP has become so unbalanced that everyone relies 100% on 1-shots to kill others. PvP is such a joke. Now with the new potting changes, it is impossible to survive people who can't 1-shot, but can get close to it... It isn't a bug, they just want people to buy health batteries from the cashshop. 100% confirmed from the Wanmei website.

And you know you can't kill a fly in PvP. You are probably one of the countless trash rayans who just use a "clone" that kills for you.

It isn't just Jade Dynasty that is a failure, it is Zhu Xian 2 that is also a failure. The game has very little time left in China. Players in CN are leaving the game rapidly just because it sucks so badly now.

So get off your high horse, you 6 month veteran, this game is trash with absolutely no real endgame. It is a cash cow game for suckers. You have no idea what you are talking about.