Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Re-Votes on Hype Meter

ZigZagsZigZags Modesto, CAPosts: 328Member

I was thinking as i browsed the game site for a former game I used to play that is now f2p and maybe shut down altogether....it has a hype of over 8.2 OUT OF 10!!!!!!

I truly believe if that game were re-voted on today it would receive scores between 3-6. 

Wouldn't it be great so get to Re-Vote on the hype meter after a finite time limit? I love this site and have been coming here for years but the ranking system for Hype I feel is truly flawed. Almost no games are listed below a 6 and I can think of SEVERAL that should be down there and others that deserve better. What do you think?

Now: Skyrim
Later: ?
Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

It makes sense to me that you should be able to change your vote. The system would probably have to be re-written though...I bet your vote isn't actually stored, just the final tally.

** edit **
    Or just have time frames for the hype scores. Then you could see the hype score each week. If you don't re-cast your vote, your vote carries over to the next week. If you re-cast your vote, it becomes your vote from that point in time forward. Bleh...that could get complicated.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,257Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ZigZags

I was thinking as i browsed the game site for a former game I used to play that is now f2p and maybe shut down altogether....it has a hype of over 8.2 OUT OF 10!!!!!!

I truly believe if that game were re-voted on today it would receive scores between 3-6. 

Wouldn't it be great so get to Re-Vote on the hype meter after a finite time limit? I love this site and have been coming here for years but the ranking system for Hype I feel is truly flawed. Almost no games are listed below a 6 and I can think of SEVERAL that should be down there and others that deserve better. What do you think?

Problem is, this will be abused ether way by haters. look at a quality MMO like WoW. It would get raided down.

now imagine Rift's rating. also down for quality titles.

the only games that would be high on there are games with communities that the mod staff on this forum favor, and more willing to bann the haters of that game as trolls. (Hey we seen this happen many times over the years).

this would also push all critism away from the title, which is never a good thing for consumers looking for info before buying.

MMORPG.com should simply provide a review section for posters. What it would do is spit up the review into sections like other game review sites do. (This is the layout)

the posters fill in those parts with their opinion and score. (so at least its simi-detailed) .

avg is out to final score.

still open to abuse, but the Consumers can still get decent info from both sides ( the fanboys and critics)