Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game Totally ROCKS !!!

I tried this game early in the Open Beta and found it buggy.  What a change 2 weeks will make.  AWESOME. image

Not only are the Gamelords committed to improving gameplay, they RESPOND (hello Sony, NCSoft are you listening?) to you in a timely manner.  Plus the graphics (the earlier bug with the ATI cards is fixed) + in-game characters + the game map (HUGE) are AMAZING.

PLUS image... They have some killer offerings.  These guys are what has been missing in MMO's.  Give them a break.  Definitely deserves more than just a look.  And if you played before and took a leave, you need to come back.

Rockin' !!!

BlueTooth

Comments

• MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307
    dude you do realize that these great offers you speak of dont even apply to you cause you are canadian and thus not eligible in the North American Version by Pwg standards. Or is it possible that you arent a canadian at all but actually a staffer? Most Suckiness Support Ever for most people on their forums other then hardcore fanboys or gm groupies. Theres like 10 guys trying to way overhype and forgetting about support . Read their own forums for some insight on this disgraceful game and company
  • Sou|Sou| Member Posts: 43

search all malicus posts....they all talking bad about ryl...

guess he couldnt steal his mom credit card to pay and now hes just...whining and triyng to give it bad rep

• SixMMSixMM Member Posts: 10
    Don't mind Malicus.

If anyone has a problem with anything, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks for supporting RYL!
  • lun4ticlun4tic Member Posts: 36

When I play this game my heart is always racing. The level of excitement blows every other game out of the water. Seven months of play for thirty-three bucks makes me feel like I'm screwing somebody over!

• Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81
    Yes..... this game does rockimage
  • Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64

It is easy to see what brought Malicious to the opinion that he has. He was unable to get a MP3 player during the drop event, and was unable to get to lvl60 in the event associated with that. These are two things that he took to heart and judge the entire game on. I do not know how old he is, but that is just immature.

Bugs are in every game. At least PWG is trying to fix theirs before they go P2P. Even if they do not fix them before P2P, I for one will still be just as excited!!!!

This game works much better in my opinion when getting my character to a high lvl the hard way. There is so much to do and so much to see as you increase lvls. When is comes to the hack and slash part of the game in order to lvl, this is when you can figure out what is best for your character by playing with the skills, upgrading weapons, and making potions. This is also when you really decide if that class is right for you.

Overall, very good game!!! This game was the game that brought me into the online gaming world!! Before I always thought online games were stupid because I never did see a game that grabbed my attention the way this one did.

Good job PWG and Youixland!!!!!!

• ryl_fallen_aryl_fallen_a Member Posts: 1
    yeah this game rox.image ne reason why it doesn't?image  looking all over.  i cant find anyimage
  • .Vicious..Vicious. Member Posts: 8

Just wanted to jump in here and make a few comments.

Background on me:

Mostly played FPS and console games.

I hated rpgs for the most part until I played RYL.

Been playing RYL now since august of last year.

First post here at mmorpg but I have visited here alot and browsed different reviews and looked for the next big thing especially since I got into mmorpg's. I havent been able to get into any of the betas I have signed up for except RYL which I thought was awesome. A game and company that actually wanted EVERYONE to experience their world known as RYL. Others you had to be selected, WOW for instance I never got to play because they never gave me a chance. I cant see going to pay fifty dollars for somthing I am not sure I'm going to like. RYL is fun in a first person sort of way. It is fast paced and doesnt take forever to get somewhere that makes you feel like you are accomplishing somthing. All of the people, for the most part, are helpful and friendly. I havent had a game as addictive to me just for the sheer adrenaline it gets pumping when your out in a battle with all of your friends. The bad comments I have seen from a few are one opinion and that is fine, they are all entitled to that opinion. As for the Admin, well if you can find better they must be family. These guys are prompt when answering questions, and all around nice people to talk to. They may be a little hard on some issues but hell that is what I want is someone who is not gonna let a buncha punks to run their mouth and try to cheat ya etc,etc. If you havent tried RYL yet I suggest you hurry and like was said before if you havent tried in awhile I suggest you come back and try again.

Sorry to be so long winded, Appreciate you readin.

.Vicious.

• DavonsonDavonson Member Posts: 3

Man This Game REALLY TOTALLY ROCKS !!image

I Played The Ryl1 Beta Last Year For a Weekimageimage

Now I Started 2 Play Again .. Is The Beta Still Only For 1 Weekimage

But I Maybe Go P2P Because It Just OWNS .. Grafix, People Everythin .. But I Still Didnt See Vehicles image

• Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81
    Lol davonson, that's in future patches (vehicles), i dunno how'll they'll do it but its on the game fact sheet, so THEY HAVE TO DO IT NOW image it would be nice if were to go p2p, ur a good player with potential image
  • momeeeeemomeeeee Member Posts: 32

Its a fine game no reason to come here and disrespect it Malicus. I plan to p2p. Downloaded tonight I was quite impressed. I do wish they wouldn't take the 130% exp bonus away though =P; maybe 60% at worst. Dont feel like grinding a level a week to 150 until I can 'rest and have fun' im just a pvper :(. Anyways good solid game. I will most likely play.

• DavonsonDavonson Member Posts: 3

^^ thnx for the compliment ..

i am going 2 try paying trough my parents :) hope they will let me :(

so maybe ill see u soon again image

• LaneoLaneo Member Posts: 359

To all the above post's that think highly of RYL....ROFL!

You all must not get around much...I did play RYL beta awhile back and recently downloaded it to try it again...NOTHING has changed. Pathetic POS!

And all your idiotic polls of how RYL will PWN?..again...ROFL!! Wake up and smell the coffee(milk for the 95% of you kiddies here).

DARK & LIGHT  WILL "OWN" all you L3ET F***s!

Back to the title..This games totally ROCKS to the bottom of the S**t Pile

Peace! :)

Nobody is perfect...My name is Nobody

• medamenmedamen Member Posts: 3

yes this game totualy rocks, I am playing it for 25 days now and I still like it ! ::::02::

bla

• medamenmedamen Member Posts: 3

I can't log in enymore has the beta stopt ???

bla

• EdgilEdgil Member Posts: 35

I played the game for about 3 weeks during the beta.. It's not that good, it has some good features but its missing a whole lot to be a decent game

being able to set up your own store was an awesome feature, a linked storage for all your characters was nice and the graphics were decent

but face it the combatting was childish and Final Fantasy-esque and is highly repetitative.  The skill system is shanty and is easily the worst of any MMO ive seen... if you even want to call this game an MMO...  Not to mention how ridiculously laggy the servers were and disconnects were common due to overflow.  There were hardly any quests at all and they were completely boring and pointless and resembled the uselessness and unimportance of WoWs quests.  The character creation was LIMITED to say the least.  The PvP was undeveloped and stupid, you could be anywhere minding your own business and someone from the opposite race 2x your level can kill you in 1 hit, not my idea of moderated PvP.  Not to mention people in game had the dumbest names, for example things like   "xKiNgxXxcHeEsEx" and messaging was case sensative which lead me to not even bother trying to trade with people........I mean the list goes on...

before you start flaming I just want to say that I didn't think it was fair to people who don't know about the game to get a false impression because well.. this does NOT rock.... and if someone wants to play a MMO check out one of the well established real MMO and don't waste your time with this game.  IMHO i feel bad for anyone who ends up wasting their money paying for this game. heh

• ozgamerzozgamerz Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by BlueTooth
    I tried this game early in the Open Beta and found it buggy. What a change 2 weeks will make. AWESOME. image
    Not only are the Gamelords committed to improving gameplay, they RESPOND (hello Sony, NCSoft are you listening?) to you in a timely manner. Plus the graphics (the earlier bug with the ATI cards is fixed) + in-game characters + the game map (HUGE) are AMAZING.
    PLUS image... They have some killer offerings. These guys are what has been missing in MMO's. Give them a break. Definitely deserves more than just a look. And if you played before and took a leave, you need to come back.
    Rockin' !!!
    BlueTooth

This game totally rocks my world... yeah... rocks my world from topside to downside.. it's making my life miserable. And please, stop bashing Sony, NCsoft... they are way above and ahead of RYL. RYL is just a new mmo that's trying hard to grab hold of some of those big company's clients... face it.. that's the cold hard truth.

• lun4ticlun4tic Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by ozgamerz

This game totally rocks my world... yeah... rocks my world from topside to downside.. it's making my life miserable. And please, stop bashing Sony, NCsoft... they are way above and ahead of RYL. RYL is just a new mmo that's trying hard to grab hold of some of those big company's clients... face it.. that's the cold hard truth.

Cold hard opinion. If the game is making your life miserable what would be the most logical thing to do? This question is open ended, let's see if you can figure it out on your own.

Originally posted by Edgil

I played the game for about 3 weeks during the beta.. It's not that good, it has some good features but its missing a whole lot to be a decent game

being able to set up your own store was an awesome feature, a linked storage for all your characters was nice and the graphics were decent
    but face it the combatting was childish and Final Fantasy-esque and is highly repetitative.  The skill system is shanty and is easily the worst of any MMO ive seen... if you even want to call this game an MMO...  Not to mention how ridiculously laggy the servers were and disconnects were common due to overflow.  There were hardly any quests at all and they were completely boring and pointless and resembled the uselessness and unimportance of WoWs quests.  The character creation was LIMITED to say the least.  The PvP was undeveloped and stupid, you could be anywhere minding your own business and someone from the opposite race 2x your level can kill you in 1 hit, not my idea of moderated PvP.  Not to mention people in game had the dumbest names, for example things like   "xKiNgxXxcHeEsEx" and messaging was case sensative which lead me to not even bother trying to trade with people........I mean the list goes on...
    before you start flaming I just want to say that I didn't think it was fair to people who don't know about the game to get a false impression because well.. this does NOT rock.... and if someone wants to play a MMO check out one of the well established real MMO and don't waste your time with this game.  IMHO i feel bad for anyone who ends up wasting their money paying for this game. heh

You can't complain about customization AND lag at the same time. Having to load up several different models will lag you a bit, and trying to load up even more as you'd rather have it will only add more to your despised lag. This is true for any game, and it sounds to me like you're just trying to pick out problems.

In FFXI you learn a useful skill every 15 or so levels, and if you're a mage you're inundated with crappy spells you'll never use every 10 or so levels. In RYL you choose which skills you want and you can build upon them and make them stronger. Every level the skill's animation also changes to reflect the new power. This is all fact, and in my opinion the skill system is a helluva lot better than any other game.

The PvP is not moderated and never claimed to be. The whole game revolves around PvP, so getting killed and killing others is all part of the fun. I can't believe somebody would complain about PvP in a PvP based game. This is certainly a new low.

Names are all a matter of opinion. I'm sure people thought your name was also pretty dumb.

Well established real MMOs? What exactly is a real MMO? This is all opinion based, and like my old science teach used to say: "An opinion is like a sphincter; everybody has one but nobody wants to hear about somebody else's." Remember that.

• Virtual98741Virtual98741 Member Posts: 24
    I Think its one of the best games out So far that I have seen I been playing this game for along time since it went CB Been in every one Korean maylasion and North American its a great game its very repeditive tho I Really love the Live version its is freaking awsume best game ever! way better than the beta Love this game so much :) kinda sad when I had to start paying for it after all this time of playing for free lol
  • sphinxersphinxer Member Posts: 53

hmmm some of the new MMORPGs have been having some problems with servers have they not? *cough* WoW *cough* and they have such more customization... *cough* not *cough* yay I can change to color of my cartoony beard! yay!

better to play with lag then pay for a game and not play at all ::::04::

• SaitnoxisSaitnoxis Member Posts: 11

This GAME Totally ROCKS !!!
    I think WoW is much better.
  • -FN--FN- Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Malicus
    dude you do realize that these great offers you speak of dont even apply to you cause you are canadian and thus not eligible in the North American Version by Pwg standards. Or is it possible that you arent a canadian at all but actually a staffer? Most Suckiness Support Ever for most people on their forums other then hardcore fanboys or gm groupies. Theres like 10 guys trying to way overhype and forgetting about support . Read their own forums for some insight on this disgraceful game and company

First things first. According to my globe, don't know if yours is different, but Canada is part of NOrth America. So why wouldn't he be eligible? Unless you're as ignorant to think that North America is only us here in the US. Besides, if you bothered to read the contest rules:

Only residents of the United States and Canada who meet the following conditions are eligible to compete in the Tournament.

Be informed before you fire your mouth off. kthxbye.

• madstrikermadstriker Member Posts: 1

pretty cool observations Bluetooth.

you rock!

-madstriker

• ozgamerzozgamerz Member Posts: 138

[quote]Originally posted by lun4tic
    [b]

Originally posted by ozgamerz

Cold hard opinion. If the game is making your life miserable what would be the most logical thing to do? This question is open ended, let's see if you can figure it out on your own.

Cold hard opinion? let's see.. after playing like 3 months of the game for open beta, i sincerely think I've wasted my time on it. I've tried every single aspect of the game from PvP to lvling and I find it's plain boring. It has nothing to look forward to and the skills like i posted in other posts, it's the same skill since lvl 40 and you can only max it out .... you have the same skills for lvl 99 and lvl 40. Big deal, and in pvp, who has the best gear owns.. that's it.. no skills involved. And lun4tic stop being an asshole, trying to be smartass. You are not posting anything constructive about the game either, only bashing other people's opinions.. lamer

• gamestargamestar Member Posts: 16
    hehehehehehe yeah and easy to level up and gain points. :D