Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lets move it Gw2 put the game out already !!!!

Comments

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by Xzen

We will get a release date very very soon. =)

i figure one more bwe before we get a release date announcement.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by atticusbc

Hmmm I think we will get it shortly after this stress test tomorrow.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by antshock32

J ust don't understand what is the hold up can anyone tell me who is in beta or a closed beta is there a major flaw or just dev seeing that maybe if they push it back after tsw and wow new expansion they will have no competion ? From what I am reading in beta forums game looks good to go ,there are always going to be bugs in games hence is the nature of computer releases for years ..but lets lite this afterburner already.........driving me nuts these developers game will be rdy when its ready .......I havent paid for the game yet because I didnt buy the ce edition but those ppl have to be fuming.......

First - stay in school. Not to be mean, but your punctuation is excruciating and makes you come off as a twelve-year-old with acute ADD, post candy bindging.

Now, I understand your excitment, but ANet wants to release the game in a great state. That means getting the game into as many hands as possible pre-launch to catch the bugs that in-house QA would miss. I want the game out ASAP, too, but I also want it to be polished. So let's let ANet take the time to "tighten up the graphics on level 3" so we can have the best experience possible when it goes live.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• MathizsiasMathizsias Member UncommonPosts: 16

No, let them iron out the kinks, streamline, finetune, polish, perfect, refine their game or whatever the hell else hey want, but don't push it out because of publisher pressure or retarded lifeless fanboys that sit in their basement bored out of their mind. Go outside.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by bverji

A lot of the things they seem to be focusing on currently is sever strength and class balance.

From our perspective yes. There are still closed betas and other builds we don't have, ArenaNet has a more improved build of the game already and is working hard. Everything you see in GW2 now might not be the same in release.

• antshock32antshock32 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Unshra

...I didnt buy the ce edition but those ppl have to be fuming.......

Nah can't say I'm the least bit fuming, I would rather have a game release when it is truely ready rather then when some corprate fat cat or impatient fan damns it should be released. Heck if I had my way all MMO's would release a aleast year after their announced ETA.

no problem with that at all , I am no impatient but would like to know when the game might come out or what state it is in ?

If you have no problem letting ncsoft have what is it like 175dollars for 1year or 2years great ...its your right and I support you on that but you not even curious as to when you might be able to play at all or how the game is coming along...

Me if  shelled out 175dollars I want to be updated on the status of it not so they rush and put out a shitty game but just checjk in once in a while let me know how the games doing and what are the major concerns of it....

ps long development time guarntee nothing except that you waited a longer time if the game is crappy example swtor development since i think 2001 or ff14 5year development , 2nd tier games like tera how are they doing they took quite a long time to develop.

But as it is  your right  to do what ever you want with your money you earned it and you can burn anyway u want.

So I have no problem with your statemnt at all

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I would rather Anet take their time and make my human character creation with more manly face. ( I can dream can I? )

Than they rush it up hence poop out ERROR 37 for 1 week and destroy the company integrity.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128
    Absolutely no offense to op when I say: op you sound like you're a young kid who is rather impatient about the game. I just call it like I see it.

I think many people here understand your frustration over the lack of release date, but most have learned to be patient. Demanding that someone tell you more concrete information, when we have said that we have none will not actually influence in any way when the game will be released.
    Patience, young padawan.

As for the 40% thing, being based on the missing Asura and Sylvari races: Anet has stated that they do not intend to reveal all of the game thru Beta. They want some to remain a mystery. This possibly includes the missing races as well as inaccessible zones.
    In other words, just cause we haven't seen it in Beta does not mean its not finished.
    Originally posted by Pyuk

J ust don't understand what is the hold up can anyone tell me who is in beta or a closed beta is there a major flaw or just dev seeing that maybe if they push it back after tsw and wow new expansion they will have no competion ? From what I am reading in beta forums game looks good to go ,there are always going to be bugs in games hence is the nature of computer releases for years ..but lets lite this afterburner already.........driving me nuts these developers game will be rdy when its ready .......I havent paid for the game yet because I didnt buy the ce edition but those ppl have to be fuming.......

First - stay in school. Not to be mean, but your punctuation is excruciating and makes you come off as a twelve-year-old with acute ADD, post candy bindging.

Now, I understand your excitment, but ANet wants to release the game in a great state. That means getting the game into as many hands as possible pre-launch to catch the bugs that in-house QA would miss. I want the game out ASAP, too, but I also want it to be polished. So let's let ANet take the time to "tighten up the graphics on level 3" so we can have the best experience possible when it goes live.

Thanks pun i work hard at it since i have dyslexia and managed to get my bach and mba with it ...not as easy to write out sentence structure or frag sentences but thanks for that as I also run a small business and have been mildly sucessful but I am sorry that my grammer offends you.

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Unshra

...I didnt buy the ce edition but those ppl have to be fuming.......

Nah can't say I'm the least bit fuming, I would rather have a game release when it is truely ready rather then when some corprate fat cat or impatient fan damns it should be released. Heck if I had my way all MMO's would release a aleast year after their announced ETA.

no problem with that at all , I am no impatient but would like to know when the game might come out or what state it is in ?

If you have no problem letting ncsoft have what is it like 175dollars for 1year or 2years great ...its your right and I support you on that but you not even curious as to when you might be able to play at all or how the game is coming along...

Me if  shelled out 175dollars I want to be updated on the status of it not so they rush and put out a shitty game but just checjk in once in a while let me know how the games doing and what are the major concerns of it....

ps long development time guarntee nothing except that you waited a longer time if the game is crappy example swtor development since i think 2001 or ff14 5year development , 2nd tier games like tera how are they doing they took quite a long time to develop.

But as it is  your right  to do what ever you want with your money you earned it and you can burn anyway u want.

So I have no problem with your statemnt at all

Not sure what game you are thinking of, but this game has no sub....it's B2P.....unless you plan on going CS crazy, that is.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

just look at the beta forums threat after a bwe and u will get it,

suggestion,Bug,technical, are full packed, they got alot of work to do,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by VagabondLife
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

40% of the game isn't finished. I don't know why anyone who is looking forward to the game would want it released before it is complete. Not to mention testing! Just crazy sometimes how fans want the product they support to fail.

thank you Thorbrand , I don't knnow if what you say is true or not but that at least is some info and if 40percent of the game isn't done then thats all I want to know so I can plan to play somethng else to its released. If 40percent of the game isn't rdy then im fine with that but there no info except 2nd hand telling. My whole point is let your customer know what is going on no one wants gw2 to fail but we would like to know when its coming out how much is finished maybe or a good eta of when it might be delveried to stores....Now its noo secret stores had a release date then arena net should have called those stores and stated this is wrong and the release date from your info looks to be a dec maybe a jan release.....Now I can look to play something else to its release thanks again for the info.

Thanks for making my point also...The days of stringing your customers along is done lets get some information on the status of the game..think of it like your a board member or stock holder and you want to know what the forcast will be for the next quarter what are your profits and how is the next blockbuster coming along etc<==maybe went a little too far with that one but u get the point.

Thorbrand has no clue as to the status % of the game. He is just speculating with no valid basis for doing so.

I do find it funny how the op complains about something, making baseless assumptions with no proof and then proceeds to accept the answer of another poster who is also assuming and possesses no proof. :p

I find it funny you missed the whole point of that statement noone knows all 2nd hand information because arena.net or ncsoft hasnt given anyone a true picture or the reality of the game.I could say I am a closed beta tester and it looks like a aug 26th release ...do you know if I am telling the truth or not........your choice because you have nothing to fall back on?

I find it funny that you completely ignored what most posters said up to this point, but took the one GW2 troll's "40%" seriously. 

Let me put it simple for you....

• ANet never gave ANYONE a release date.
    • ONLY release dates are SPECULATION, nothing more, nothing less
    • I hate to say this, but Thorbrand for somereason has a passion about trolling GW2 forums, just look it up.
    • His "40%" is again, speculation, but this one has some poop on it, so guess where it came from?
    • My guess on release? 12/31/12, why? cause anything sooner is still 2012, and i'm good with it.
    • We WILL NOT see Sylvari/Asura in a beta
    • And we will most NOT see endgame content either. It's a frekaing BETA, not a DEMO.
    I apologize for having to be rude about it, but all I did was read some of the posters comments, where you seemed to have skipped all those except the selective few, which are MISINFORMATION. 

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by atticusbc

same.

Okay so I have been warned by the moderators that I had retalliated in one of my post ...so I won't be particpating in this chat any longer and let me say I am sorry to all I have offeneded ...my simple point is this don't rush the game out, if it takes another year they so be it . Just let the fans and customers who are planning to buy your game know the status of the game. Is it 10percent done or 90percent done a statement by a company putting out a game for its fans and potentional customers shouldnt rely on its done when its done method no reason for it..no one would be upset if they said due to bugs we are looking at a jan release and figuere the game is at best 50percent done(i just used tht as a example) ..but the constant hear-say and speculation only adds to the frustration of computer gamers who can't accurately get any info on a potentional game they like to play and in general isn't good for the gaming community......ncsoft is not build nukes for Iran there putting out a video game for heaven sakes.

Have fun playing out there!

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

one can only wait until june 28th to see where the game is heading....Something must happen on that date either they announce the release date or say we just trolled you...something!!!

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087
    Originally posted by bleyzwun

What's funny is, I went to frys.com, bestbuy.com, and amazon.com... none of them have a release date that I see.  The only site with a date is gamestop.

Heres one site out of millions I just pulled up so you know I was telling the truth ....tht is the point let ncsoft arena net give you some detail as to the status of the game not just loyal fanbois which i include myself in

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Guild-Wars-2-Release-Date-Outed-By-Flyer-42542.html

Not sure why you are insisting that ANet and NCSoft have been giving stores release dates.  That poster/banner was created by the store owners on their own.  This was proven very quickly after that image surfaced.

http://kotaku.com/5910509/guild-wars-2-retail-ad-shows-june-28-release-date

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by TemperHoof

Still have yet to see two whole race areas and high level content MIA from BWEs. You can't judge a game purely based on it's low level presentation, remember Age of Conan?

I doubt that we're going to see that content during the BWEs. Every time people ask the developers about it, they always give vague answers like "we have to keep some surprises for launch" or something similiar. Remember, ArenaNet has a pretty extensive internal friends and family testing which worked surprisingly well for them in GW1 and GW2.

Basically, I think that what we've seen in the past BWEs is what we'll get until the game launches.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by gw2never

Dont let the fanboys get you down. Your a customer and have a right to know.

And I don't argue that as a consumer we ALL have a right to know when the game will release.

What a lot of people are responding to here however is something different Either the comments that A) GW2 is 100% ready to launch and Anet is intentionally witholding it for no good reason. Or B) That The game is less than half complete, won't be out for years, and/or is complete vaporware.

As is generally the case, reality is probably something more moderate. 

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by gw2never

Dont let the fanboys get you down. Your a customer and have a right to know.

Yes, cause clearly your name & post count screams 'non-biased'.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

how about NO ya crazy dutch ....

srsly .. how many games have to release early and fail to stop these kinds of posts? don't encourage them to cut corners. the ppl paying them are already doing entirely too much of that.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205
    Originally posted by grimm6th
    When one is able to look at what others are saying, and evaluate it regardless of how it differs what you think or believe, one avoids potential instances of "making an ASS out of U and ME".

+Infinity. :D

I think this thread should be locked, because it is more absurd than Space Balls at this point.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

they have the money already from most of the people planning on playing it. No need to hurry it now. They will prob milk it along with the token BWEs every now and then till the end of the year, then make an announcement that its pushed back till "sometime" in 2013.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

First change the game around a bit then release it as a true mmoRPG. I remember waiting for GW back in the day, excited by the prospect of a quality mmorpg, only to be horified by the presentation of what was a LAN style lobby for small group pvp.

Instanced to the moon, self served, zero player content, insultingly limited activity other than building the flavor of the month and grouping with kids between classes to yet again try and get past the wall of necro zombies and claim victory in another pointless pvp match.

Now They have created the illusion of that same F2P rinse and repeat experience, added more content for sure but IMO the wrong content, I'm glad it fits the bill for some people, It just doesn't for me.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

they have the money already from most of the people planning on playing it. No need to hurry it now. They will prob milk it along with the token BWEs every now and then till the end of the year, then make an announcement that its pushed back till "sometime" in 2013.

They could release it entirely too early like Funcom is doing with TSW. But I think Anet wants to get more than a month out of their game.

really? why have i been playing tsw everyday having a blast? hey, dont feel bad, anet suckered me also with a pre purchase.