Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lets move it Gw2 put the game out already !!!!

Comments

• antshock32antshock32 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Xese
    Originally posted by antshock32

Please explain why I am wrong if i have a low IQ.....why have we gotten personal here I am as much of support of gw2 as the next but that doesnt mean I have to belv the what arena net is spewing....but my diffrent opnion means I have a low iq or is you dont understand how retail stores and business works ......Or do you belv that million dollar retailers actually have no contact with arena net ? come on man your just silly and make me laugh .....Have you ever worked in a business world and delvering pizza doesnt count...have you ever watched a companies stock go up or down based on pre-orders and sales and cash on hand if not then just be a good fanboi and don't get into big boy discussions.

Sorry to the rest of the people on this thread for the harsh words but come on he has a diffrent opinion and since it doesnt agree with mine I have a low iq.....had to say something but apolgize to ever one else who took offense

When you said GameStop or whatever called up ArenaNet and ArenaNet gave them a date, is that conjecture or is there actual evidence? I will assume that it is conjecture since you did not indicate otherwise.

Secondly, with the "millions spent on advertising", Game retailers are not spending much money advertising the games they carry. Did I see any steam advertisements about GW2? Nope. They don't exist. Only game publishers advertise their games. Even the posters and graphics these retailers carry are supplied by the game publishers. All they did is ask someone to put in a rumored release date, which probably took less than 10 minutes and cost them next to nothing. They may have believed it was true, but my opinion is that they didn't bother checking with ArenaNet or if they did, they didn't care if it wasn't the right date.

Why, you might say, should they do this? Because as someone already pointed earlier, it boosts sales. People who are not avidly following the press on games (most casual gamers) see that it is going to release, and go "Sweet! I will buy it now since I will have the game in a week!". I know this happens to players since I refuse to buy Torchlight II without a release date, even if I know it will be a good game.

That person shouldn't have called you stupid or low IQ, but you also should not assume everything you say is true.

Edited for typos.

Okay first this is one person first hand account I walk into my local gamestop and frys both not just one retailer and gamestop has id say 2 or three promotional ads in there store made up so if arena net gave it to them or they made it up them selves someone is lying ...I am not the only one who has seen these posters call your local best buy,frys,games stop ..and not all of the advertising is given to them by the publishers the local paper a week that a store puts out does x company give them that ? no waste of money does the publisher give out maybe a life size fat head of a character playing there game of course but to think that companies don't supply there own advertsing is ridiclous.

But anyway I feel where your coming and where I am coming from but dates don't just appear in companies heads not smart advertising .....heres a example I was not notified that the date had changed by game stop and called them up and they stated it had been pushed back I promptly went online and canceled my pre-order and re-ordered thru other means . I am one of 100s may be thousands who did this !

I do see your side and I think your argument has MERIT but to me if only one store had done this then I would have sided with you but I think about every major retailer had these dates which to me assumes a release date coming from the dev,publisher or janitor at arena.net

THANKS FOR THE COUNTER POINT VERY WELL DESCRIBED IN YOUR REPLY!

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

40% of the game isn't finished. I don't know why anyone who is looking forward to the game would want it released before it is complete. Not to mention testing! Just crazy sometimes how fans want the product they support to fail.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Please explain why I am wrong if i have a low IQ.....why have we gotten personal here I am as much of support of gw2 as the next but that doesnt mean I have to belv the what arena net is spewing....but my diffrent opnion means I have a low iq or is you dont understand how retail stores and business works ......Or do you belv that million dollar retailers actually have no contact with arena net ? come on man your just silly and make me laugh .....Have you ever worked in a business world and delvering pizza doesnt count...have you ever watched a companies stock go up or down based on pre-orders and sales and cash on hand if not then just be a good fanboi and don't get into big boy discussions.

Sorry to the rest of the people on this thread for the harsh words but come on he has a diffrent opinion and since it doesnt agree with mine I have a low iq.....had to say something but apolgize to ever one else who took offense

It has been common knowledge to me, and pretty much anyone else who looks at these est. release dates, that they are usually BS until the company has given an official release date.

It doesn't cost retailers money for advertising a release date.  They put a date on their website, people read it, people like you believe it and pre-order.  They are securing a pre-order for them and not some other retailer, which means they actually earn money instead of lose it.

Now, the reason he said you have a low IQ might have something to do with the fact that, in the amount of time you have spent on this site, you have spent quite a bit of it discussing the inconsistancies of the poster child offender for this type of release date shenanigans, and you still don't see a pattern.

Also important is that the 6/26/12 date is most likely based on fan speculation of a "conspiracy" involving numbered sports jerseys hanging in the Anet offices.

Lastly, assuming you are right and others are wrong is a bad habit to get in to.  When one is able to look at what others are saying, and evaluate it regardless of how it differs what you think or believe, one avoids potential instances of "making an ASS out of U and ME".

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

40% of the game isn't finished. I don't know why anyone who is looking forward to the game would want it released before it is complete. Not to mention testing! Just crazy sometimes how fans want the product they support to fail.

Source?

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

I think it's best to let the studio determine when it's ready to be released. I've pre-purchased because I have full faith it will be a great game and that I'll love it (allready do) and it won't be rushed out of the door far from complete like almost every other mmo launch so far.

Saying that there'll always be bugs on release and therefor they should just release is like accepting that studios keep releasing unfinished buggy products and most even dare to charge a sub fee for it.

I understand you want to play it, I'm very eager to play it too but I like that they take their time to release their game in the best state they possibly can and don't just set a date and then find out during public betas that a lot actually doesn't work.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by VagabondLife

Source?

His arse

thank you Thorbrand , I don't knnow if what you say is true or not but that at least is some info and if 40percent of the game isn't done then thats all I want to know so I can plan to play somethng else to its released. If 40percent of the game isn't rdy then im fine with that but there no info except 2nd hand telling. My whole point is let your customer know what is going on no one wants gw2 to fail but we would like to know when its coming out how much is finished maybe or a good eta of when it might be delveried to stores....Now its noo secret stores had a release date then arena net should have called those stores and stated this is wrong and the release date from your info looks to be a dec maybe a jan release.....Now I can look to play something else to its release thanks again for the info.

Thanks for making my point also...The days of stringing your customers along is done lets get some information on the status of the game..think of it like your a board member or stock holder and you want to know what the forcast will be for the next quarter what are your profits and how is the next blockbuster coming along etc<==maybe went a little too far with that one but u get the point.

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by TemperHoof

Still have yet to see two whole race areas and high level content MIA from BWEs. You can't judge a game purely based on it's low level presentation, remember Age of Conan?

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this content isn't revealed to us in the BWE. If the other areas of the game have the same polish that I have seen in the BWE's, I have nothing to worry about. The production value and polish in this game so far is unparalleled by any other release title I have ever played.

Don't be surprised when we get a "release date" and we haven't touched the Sylari or Asura areas, nor have had access to much higher level content. I am not saying this is going to happen, but I imagine they will want to keep some new stuff for us on release ;)

• Randallt3mpRandallt3mp Member UncommonPosts: 168

Currently my experience with the game is that it runs very smoothly and is doing much better in terms of bugs and other issues than most mmos do at or even after launch. 

However, that being said there are still some things they can do to get the game even closer to perfect, but these things are not important enough to hold release back until Q4 or next year.  I think a couple more betas should be good to iron out the last few balancing issues. 

Honestly I don't think I ran into a single bug.  I crashed once during the ending event, and there were some animation issues when firing the rifle, but that's really it. 

Also to the people commenting about all the content we havent seen yet, were not going to.  That is the point.  They are not going to have us experience all the content for release, just enough to experience each aspect of gameplay fairly well: PvE, sPvP, and WvW.  All of the higher level content and the 2 other races are being internally tested and I doubt we will be able to experience much of it before release.

I just hope they release it by August some time so that I have at least a month of solid playing before I start school and will have alot less time.

MMOs Played: FFXI,Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2

Playing:None

Waiting For: Wildstar, The Repopulation, Archeage, TESO, Warhammer 40K:EC, EQN

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

What's funny is, I went to frys.com, bestbuy.com, and amazon.com... none of them have a release date that I see.  The only site with a date is gamestop.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

You mean we haven't seen those aspects of the game? I didn't know a Beta meant play 100% of our game, then at the end of the weekend we kick you off our servers. I always thought it meant more like, "we will open up what we want tested, and have at it".

Yeah that seems more like a BETA and less like a DEMO.

You used to have meaningful conversations about games, now Thor you're a die hard GW2 troll and TSW fanboi. (not that there is anything wrong with liking TSW, but you're just so one sided)

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• XeseXese Member Posts: 39

Source?

Correction - beta has not tested at least 40% of the game.

E.g. the asari and the sylvari. (40% of game???)

E.g. high level content 40+ (50% of game???)

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91

thank you Thorbrand , I don't knnow if what you say is true or not but that at least is some info and if 40percent of the game isn't done then thats all I want to know so I can plan to play somethng else to its released. If 40percent of the game isn't rdy then im fine with that but there no info except 2nd hand telling. My whole point is let your customer know what is going on no one wants gw2 to fail but we would like to know when its coming out how much is finished maybe or a good eta of when it might be delveried to stores....Now its noo secret stores had a release date then arena net should have called those stores and stated this is wrong and the release date from your info looks to be a dec maybe a jan release.....Now I can look to play something else to its release thanks again for the info.

Thanks for making my point also...The days of stringing your customers along is done lets get some information on the status of the game..think of it like your a board member or stock holder and you want to know what the forcast will be for the next quarter what are your profits and how is the next blockbuster coming along etc<==maybe went a little too far with that one but u get the point.

Thorbrand has no clue as to the status % of the game. He is just speculating with no valid basis for doing so.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

It would most likely be ncsoft that would provide ad posters and maybe even guessed dates to stores, while ncsoft doesnt have anet on the ground with their foot on anets throat there is no doubt that regardless of what anet is saying ncsoft is starting to shove them around and have obviously set the takedown and chokeout for dec 31 regardless of if anet is ready or not..

Anet doesnt need the fans trying to rush them as well they are very likely already under a lot of pressure to get this game finished..

Playing GW2..

Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by Xese
    Originally posted by Hoolilol

If they prolongue the release alot ( im talking about december date ) , they will loose customers imo with all of the decent ftp titles comin out. I surely do want a finished product but they were hinting a june release ...and now they are hinting august  / september release .

I don't even really care about that as a whole my focus is lets get some info to the ppl that are going to be playing your game!

Fine you couldnt do 26th of june great but then how about a reason why and possible next date its called "good public relations...thats my biggest beef

2nd please don't state that arena net didnt tell it would be release on the 26th if they didnt tell the public then they told someone retail companies multiple one not just ones dont come up with fantasy dates makes no rationale business sense!

First: The reason there is no official release date is because ArenaNet themselves do not know when the game will be released. This means there are many areas in the game that still needs development, and they do not want to set a deadline on this. Right now if they set a release date, two things will happen. 1) release date set too soon. Game needs for fixes than time allows, release game in a less than optimal state. That means bad public relations. 2) release date set too far. Game is ready way before their set release time (typically doesn't happen). So they will change the release date anyways. This also means bad public relations. It is the best to release the game when they know it will be ready, to have it as soon as possible to the players in a good state.

Second: you are again working under this conjecture that ArenaNet told all the game retailers a release date. All evidence I have seen is to the contrary when ArenaNet specifically pointed GameStop or whatever and said they did not give them that date. Do you have any evidence for this? It makes no sense to you because you cannot get away from this assinine assumption.

Exactly.

Op is assuming that Arenenet told retailers these mythical release dates with absolutely zero proof, and is then getting irate about it.

This thread is definitely one of the more rediculous I have seen in recent memory. I mean getting angry over something you are imagining a company is doing is really quite something.

Also, GW2 has NEVER been advertised on steam. Beginning to think the op dreamt about this and is now running with it. :p

Okay I think your missing the point and yes it has been advertised on steam please I am on there 24/7 but that secondary .

Anwser me this 1.when is gw2 coming out don't say when its done its done

2. How far along is the game ? we have one person saying 40percent is still not done 

3.why do multiple stores have diffrent advertising for the game at a wrong date is it a mass retailer conspircay to piss away customers and spend on advertising

My point is getting mad about when the game is coming out but the point is don't you want to know why all the hype for a june release now speclaution in a aug/sept release some say dec ? How about a compay for once get up and tell its prespective customers when to expect delv or what is the status of there product so know has to wonder what is going on because you have been informed . Sorry if you dont like to know a littl of a game your intrested in and what status of the game thats on you not me . I just tired of arena net string you me and the rest of there pre-spctive base along throw out a bone. Do a podcast ,send a email to ppl make a mass statement arena net is not building the world trade towers there building a simple game not the next navy stealth ship so they dont have to be secretive about it .......lets have some direct 411 fromm them ..

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

OK, What we KNOW:

-All zones above level 35 are not currently avaialble in beta.

-Sylvari and Asura starter zones are not available in beta.

We do not know WHY. Possible reasons:

-These areas are unfinished/buggy and require more work

-These areas do no exist yet

-Anet is intentionally keeping us in a smaller pool of zones for testing purposes

-Zombie Alien Hamsters from Next Wednesday are holding back the zones as part of a terrible plot to ruin the world.

We don't know why they haven't been unveiled. And we can speculate all we want; but until we DO know for sure, blanket statements of "the entire game is read, release!" and "40% of the game isn't even in yet" are equally ridiculous

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

The game is still buggy, there is still bad server performance and you still can't meele in large events. My guess September-October. Not that I'll be participating at launch but I doubt you'll see it anytime soon.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

Originally posted by bleyzwun

What's funny is, I went to frys.com, bestbuy.com, and amazon.com... none of them have a release date that I see.  The only site with a date is gamestop.

Heres one site out of millions I just pulled up so you know I was telling the truth ....tht is the point let ncsoft arena net give you some detail as to the status of the game not just loyal fanbois which i include myself in

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Guild-Wars-2-Release-Date-Outed-By-Flyer-42542.html

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Heres one site out of millions I just pulled up so you know I was telling the truth ....tht is the point let ncsoft arena net give you some detail as to the status of the game not just loyal fanbois which i include myself in

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Guild-Wars-2-Release-Date-Outed-By-Flyer-42542.html

That flyer is a fake! It has been all over the internet and some people asked Anet about it, it's not theirs! It's a FAKE!

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

...I didnt buy the ce edition but those ppl have to be fuming.......

Nah can't say I'm the least bit fuming, I would rather have a game release when it is truly ready rather then when some corporate fat cat or impatient fan damns it should be released. Heck if I had my way all MMO's would release a year after their announced ETA.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

Originally posted by cinos

Thorbrand has no clue as to the status % of the game. He is just speculating with no valid basis for doing so.

I do find it funny how the op complains about something, making baseless assumptions with no proof and then proceeds to accept the answer of another poster who is also assuming and possesses no proof. :p

I find it funny you missed the whole point of that statement noone knows all 2nd hand information because arena.net or ncsoft hasnt given anyone a true picture or the reality of the game.I could say I am a closed beta tester and it looks like a aug 26th release ...do you know if I am telling the truth or not........your choice because you have nothing to fall back on?

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

I have seen that and it looks fake. I am sure an official flyer would not be black and white and look that horrible. Did someone have that done by their 2nd grader for an art project? ;)

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

We will get a release date very very soon. =)