Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Matt Firor Quote

12346»

Comments

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428

fps combat and skil based isn't new, its been done before, and frankly it isn't even that good. And stop whining, this title will have zero effect on any future single player elder scrolls games. This is elder scrolls only in lore, its going to be daoc in mechanics, and that is possibly awesome, we'll see how it works out. 

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by Vhaln

From an interview with PC Gamer..

"At this point in the evolution of MMOs, every MMO has tried something at one point or another that you're going to do in your game. There aren't any more truly innovative features." ~Firor

Anyone who feels that way should get out of any sort entertainment industry. They should realize they have no place doing anything remotely creative.  From this quote alone, I would say that any MMO he's in charge of will be worthless.  He should just be an accountant or something, not making games.

Also, practically answers my question as to how much creative power he had over DAOC, during most of its core development.  I'd guess close to none, but that he probably did have a lot to do with TOA and the less catastrophic but just derivitively lame Catacombs.

Very very sad. The way this game is looking and shaping up, it's obvious he feels that way. So yeah, I am not the least bit excited for this game...at all.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428

The haters and whining regarding this game alone have me interested. I want it to be successful just because so many people want it to fail because its not an fps wackamole game.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by KingGator

The haters and whining regarding this game alone have me interested. I want it to be successful just because so many people want it to fail because its not an fps wackamole game.

That's a good boy! Im sure Firor will throw you a bone for being such good company lapdog.

Thanks to people like you, we will get another decade of copycat MMOs, devoid of any creativity.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by busdriver

That's a good boy! Im sure Firor will throw you a bone for being such good company lapdog.

Thanks to people like you, we will get another decade of copycat MMOs, devoid of any creativity.

How is making a MMO based on a single player series world creative in the first place. The game is a themepark, its in a genre so it will be similar to other games in that genre. Firor is getting paid to make it doesnt matter if you like it or not, so your lame put down is just that, lame.

What do we get from people like you?

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Fearum

How is making a MMO based on a single player series world creative in the first place. The game is a themepark, its in a genre so it will be similar to other games in that genre. Firor is getting paid to make it doesnt matter if you like it or not, so your lame put down is just that, lame.

if Elder Scrolls is a themepark then pretty much 99.999% of all games are as well.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

if Elder Scrolls is a themepark then pretty much 99.999% of all games are as well.

Elder scrolls is a single player game, you know a game you play alone. This game is a MMO Themepark in the world of Elder Scrolls. I know its confusing for your little brain but those are the facts.

• desirieldesiriel Member Posts: 98

C'mon. Firor and ZO are in full panic mode by now.

They've been developing a MMO for some years (2007 at least) when the WoW-cloning syndrome was in full swing and proclaimed dogma in the industry.

They're about to release their MMO in the middle of the genre evolution (GW2, Secret World, ArcheAge etc) and they know they've smashed their heads in the wall and have an already-old-'n-dead product that will be nailed in the ground, both techincally and philosophically.

What would you do if you were in their position ?

What they're doing just now: interviews and "teasers" not aimed at hyping their game for what it has above the others (such as it would be in normal situations for PRing) but aimed at "warning" the players about what features are not present.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

Creative in design and features, you dumbass. This game, according to everything we know, is the same shit we've been getting since 2004. And not only that, but the design also seems to ignore most of the core features that TES series is so famous for. How is this so hard to understand..?

They are taking the easiest possible route to make a few bucks by riding with one of the most popular RPG IP's there is. And it most definitely matters if I like what Firor is making, I'm their potential customer and long time fan of the IP. And I'm definitely not alone with my opinion, take a tour around the net.

People like me demand quality and innovation. People like you eat the same shit year after year, and by doing that make sure the genre moves nowhere.

Oh and one more thing, your godly tab target Daoc-style pvp will get absolutely steamrolled by games like PS2. PvP fans (me again) wont be playing this.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Elder scrolls is a single player game, you know a game you play alone. This game is a MMO Themepark in the world of Elder Scrolls. I know its confusing for your little brain but those are the facts.

yes it is confusing. Are you trying to say that TES is a themepark or that the MMO they are making is a themepark. Reading what you orginally said it sounds like you are saying the TES single player game is a themepark. Based on that I am explaining to you that single player or not, if TES is a themepark then 99.999999% of the game market is a themepark both on MMO side and on the single player side.

I know its really hard for many players to understand what SPECIFIC technological differences between MMO and Single player. They seem to think 'oh its a single player which means NONE of the features at all whatsoever is possible in an MMO' and that is not true. MOST of the features are not only possible but also HAVE BEEN DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in an MMO.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me