Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Auction House tips

Sora2810Sora2810 New Columbia, PAPosts: 567Member

So, I'm having trouble finding 'good' prices to sell my items at. When browsing the AH for items similar to mine and their price, they are tremendously high, asking on the general chat tends to just have people laugh. I'm pretty damn new to diablo and It's hard to judge what is a 'fair' price with all these ridiculous ones. Gold or USD, doesn't matter.

Anyone have any tips?

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

Comments

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

Well start by looking for items 10% above yours all around and about 20% below yours. You'll want to price your item somewhere in between where you're not pushing into a higher tier quality and not out of reach for the people looking for best bang for buck.

Also you need to figure what gold is worth to you, if you can sell something on the GAH for 1million, but can sell it on the RMAH for $10.. what would you rather have? Personally the $10 choice is better if you keep it in your blizz balance unless you want some lunch money.

The markets kind of change a little bit, sometimes the GAH has an abundant amount of a particular item and the RMAH is severely lacking. In this case its best to sell on the RMAH to get the better deal. This can also work in reverse, you'll need to flip around to both AH's.

If playing the market isn't your thing, just slap it up there within reason of the items its inbetween.. if all of the items are that price and none are cheaper, they may be that way for a reason. You can also put it up for a high buyout and low bid, if the item is worth it people will bid on it. Believe me they are watching, i've seen items go from 500k gold to over 15million in less than a minute.

There is alot that goes into playing with the market, if you're just wanting to throw things on the AH and collect, just undercut and follow the trends.

• Sora2810Sora2810 New Columbia, PAPosts: 567Member

Good to know, thanks!

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• diabloOOdiabloOO Davao CityPosts: 13Member

Nice job   Aori. It realy help a lot to me also..thanks man.

I shared some of my tips and tricks in diablo 3 guide blog and diablo 3 walkthrough. Please feel free to comment anything. Thanks."