Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim Co-op vs ESO

AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Here is a poll I am curious what people think about it.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

This must be a trick question. Skyrim co-op ofcourse!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

Yeah, that's pretty easy. co-op Skyrim

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Well, before the official announcement of ESO, with the potential of what a TES MMORPG could have been, I would have said ESO, hands down.

Now however, knowing what the MMO will entail, I would go with Skyrim Co-op any day of the week.  Give me a BorderLands style option for TES VI.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Skyrim co-op would needs some serious tweaks to difficulty scaling to work right. Pretty much turn everything into a draugr deathlord and multiply x5.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by GTwander
    Skyrim co-op would needs some serious tweaks to difficulty scaling to work right. Pretty much turn everything into a draugr deathlord and multiply x5.

Skyrim co-op needs some serious rethinks on server architecture so you can actually play together.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by GTwander Skyrim co-op would needs some serious tweaks to difficulty scaling to work right. Pretty much turn everything into a draugr deathlord and multiply x5.

Well honestly i don't think you should take the question as 'tweaking Skyrim to give it some coop option", even if i think some mods are trying to do exactly that. More like should the next TES be a mmo ala TESO, or a new TES type "Skyrim" with coop.

What i find funny is that i think the idea of a coop TES ala Skyrim cropped exactly because of the consideration of that kind of fail mmo scenario.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

http://skyrim-online.com/

Very early stages but shows potential

Originally posted by Nitth

Skyrim co-op needs some serious rethinks on server architecture so you can actually play together.

Would work fine as a peer-to-peer, but there is no accounting for serious changes made to the host's gameworld.

~Like playing with assholes in Fable.

~Plus other logistics, like fast travel (which would likely have to be disabled, or have dragon mounts added in).

On that last note, I would freek over a Lair-inspired co-op aerial dragon battle mod.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Even if it not looking good, I still need to try ESO before I could give you an answer.

Originally posted by calranthe

Very early stages but shows potential

Indeed it does.

Also, it wouldn't be that complex to scale up the difficult in the presense of another or several other players (if the idea was to play together: you could ostensibly go off and have different adventures and just run into each other at some point.

I think either a Borderlands model or a GTA4/Red Dead Redemption model would be excellent.

Originally posted by GTwander Skyrim co-op would needs some serious tweaks to difficulty scaling to work right. Pretty much turn everything into a draugr deathlord and multiply x5.
    Would work fine as a peer-to-peer, but there is no accounting for serious changes made to the host's gameworld.

~Like playing with assholes in Fable.

~Plus other logistics, like fast travel (which would likely have to be disabled, or have dragon mounts added in).

On that last note, I would freek over a Lair-inspired co-op aerial dragon battle mod.

You not tried skyim online tander?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

I didn't even know it existed.

There slowly getting there, Fast travel works with other players and item syncing is in so you can see how other players are "geared".

The main thing thats the problem is like i said: the terrible latency.

There slowly getting there, Fast travel works with other players and item syncing is in so you can see how other players are "geared".

The main thing thats the problem is like i said: the terrible latency.

Latency, position desync, combat desync and cloning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcDoqKZ9OUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAALSMnkt9w

Yeah, it's still early stages.  I am still amazed at what they were able to accomplish in even this amount of time on top of a game with quite literally ZERO netcode attributed to it.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I think that the creators of skyrim knew that a cooperative expansion to skyrim would be better received and less costly than a MMO, but the decision was made to make a MMO by those at the top in hopes of making more money ala WoW.

I am pretty shocked at the results of my poll... I was preparing myself for a tilt to ESO, thinking that the visitors of this site would be more likely to choose the MMO over a co-op game.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

Originally posted by wormywyrm

I think that the creators of skyrim knew that a cooperative expansion to skyrim would be better received and less costly than a MMO, but the decision was made to make a MMO by those at the top in hopes of making more money ala WoW.

I am pretty shocked at the results of my poll... I was preparing myself for a tilt to ESO, thinking that the visitors of this site would be more likely to choose the MMO over a co-op game.

As I said, I'd take a properly done TES MMO over Skyrim co-op any day of the week.  But not ESO.  Never ESO.

Hopefully everyone and their mothers have been 100% wrong about the game thus far while covering it, including the creators themselves, but if what we're hearing is correct it is gonna be a sad year for TES fans.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Its hard to choose between a game that is not out yet and a game that is easy in SP. Really no need for a coop in Skyrim, since its a one player game, so I would choose the MMO. But its not out yet so check back in a year and half.