Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mellee or Ranged

2»

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I find ranged a bit superfluous. EVERY mob is toe to toe with you in 1 sec. If you have a slow down in 2-3 secs. Just my 5 ct. Take one or two ranged attacks as openers, but focus on melee. Ideally AOE melee since many mobs are grouped.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I like a bit of both really...

Mainly cencentrate on ranged then melee..

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

Went fists and ele with a defensive build and self heals, sinergized around affliction, using a blood passive to stack a penetration buff. Went in with the defensive armor. I've killed anyone 1 vs 1, not joking, sometimes i've killed even packs of 2 alone. Crowd control is a problem tho.

Also tanked one of those Golems in Fusang easily (with outside heals but no dedicated healers). Yea, you need to be in melee range but i found the build very very strong, especially because i know i am terrible in pvp.

• tarestares Member Posts: 381
    Originally posted by Elikal

I find ranged a bit superfluous. EVERY mob is toe to toe with you in 1 sec. If you have a slow down in 2-3 secs. Just my 5 ct. Take one or two ranged attacks as openers, but focus on melee. Ideally AOE melee since many mobs are grouped.

Why? ranged does just as well at point blank as melee. Someone forgot to test the combat.  Also, if you can move and shoot, 1/2 the mobs will wiff most attacks. Is broken right now, if the game released in a year it could be fixed but today in closed beta it is a mess.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

This is one game where melee does not seem to be disadvantaged vs. enemies because most of the time you are going to be fighting in melee range anyway.

I tried a lot of different builds over the past 2 weekends and put a lot of time into a character that was initially a blade/elemental build then a blood/elemental until finally settling on a chaos/blade build.  All 3 of the builds I tried were quite viable and able to level, but I thought the chaos/blade one was the best for pvp because I could survive longer, especially with a couple of defensive cooldowns and some healing passives.

Last beta I also tried a pistols/AR and pistrol/blade builds on a new character.  Both did very well in PvE but took a while to develop in PvP.

For release I'm probably going to stick to my chaos/blade build however, it suits my play style.

The Enlightened take things Lightly