Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date is aiming to be August or December (release announced)

1235»

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Kien
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

May i ask what his name is ?

His name is top secret.  I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

You would not be the first young man.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

The reason this thread went downhill was because no one would believe you if you say someone in relation someone you know's family member etc works at areanet. Developers never reveal info like this.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by rojo6934

Can you please tell your uncle to tell the ANET team to not rush the game and use maybe December as the soonest release date option? the later the better.

i loved GW2 betas and i cant wait for the game launch but i dont want just another rushed game to go down the drainage. Thanks

All indicators point towards August / September.

To be quite frank, the game is in a very good spot as is. Many players are starting to get tired w/ beta weekends and want an actual, released game. They are going to release it this year, so December wouldn't be the earliest, it would be the latest. Also releasing it in December would probably look to some people as a 'gotchya' gag.

Also, if they push the release much passed August, people are going to expect to see at least 1, if not both of the missing races. There's a lot of speculation that we will be seeing the Asuran race next BWE. We'll see.

I wouldn't worry too much about the game being rushed. They are doing a lot with the time they've had, and the game is looking good. An August / September release is still 2-3 months out, meaning 1-2 more BWEs. That's a pretty good number, and I think most people will be happy w/ that. It's definitely enough time to address the issues that have been brought up by the community.

Also, keep in mind that Anet isn't a company that releases & forgets. Expect to see a lot of ongoing tweaks after launch (and not just to content). GW1 they were constantly dealing w/ balancing, bug issues, and tweaks every few weeks after launch. They really do stay on top of things over there.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

December? Oh man... :(

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by AcidDK
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Hello, I'm the uncle and I never told Isasis this information.

You're 21...

No, you're 21

Great comeback!  You're also from Denmark, and the OP is from California, USA.

Hey I am three uncles and I don't know heck about the release date!

Ok... what was this about??

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

Wow this thread is still going? OP is obviously a liar. Devs cant say anything cause it will cost them their jobs

Originally posted by x5100

Wow this thread is still going? OP is obviously a liar. Devs cant say anything cause it will cost them their jobs

Don't be so harsh. I mean, while it does sound odd, never call a person a liar until you know for sure. That's not polite, young man!

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by Isasis

My Uncle works over at Arenanet and told me by phone.

Its like I'm in the elementary school again.

"My Uncle works at Nintendo and told me that there is a secret Pokemon! You have to move a truck in a cave to... blah blah"

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Not confirmed, and it may change. But ArenaNet is aiming an August release, if all goes well. My Uncle works over at Arenanet and told me by phone. But he is just a developer. Not in any high position or anything, but that is the talk around the office. If they miss August, it will most likely be a December release.

Partly the release is because NCsoft is pushing them a lot faster to get the game out there, since the latest MMOs they've had haven't worked that well, over in the Western world. They really need Guild Wars 2 to do good, or they may close up shop or greatly decrease their influence over here. And GW2 has been in development a while, and they don't want to wait past this year.

Assuming what you say is true, did it ever cross your mind that your uncle told you things in confidence and that his job is on the line if someone finds out it was he who leaked? Either you are careless and inconsiderate or you are lying. 

Edit: Seeing how the "ME, LOOK AT ME" generation behaves and how it has affected the rest of society, I am not surprised by either of the scenarios.

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Originally posted by dronfwar

Hello, I am the Queen of England.

Had a feeling you were...

well up northern Britain we do refer to the queen as Chrisbox, I have no idea where it originates from.....

• MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

Not confirmed, and it may change. But ArenaNet is aiming an August release, if all goes well. My Uncle works over at Arenanet and told me by phone. But he is just a developer. Not in any high position or anything, but that is the talk around the office. If they miss August, it will most likely be a December release.

Partly the release is because NCsoft is pushing them a lot faster to get the game out there, since the latest MMOs they've had haven't worked that well, over in the Western world. They really need Guild Wars 2 to do good, or they may close up shop or greatly decrease their influence over here. And GW2 has been in development a while, and they don't want to wait past this year.

Well, i've got a cousin who works over at Arenanet and he's calling it vaporware

lol

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

ummm two of my really close friends do work directly on GW2 and i can tell you that even the lead devs do NOT know a release date or have a goal as that is NOT up to arena net its up to NCsoft. Either your Uncle is lying or you are so why post this sort of crap and not expect to get ridiculed? Dont you think I havent bugged the crap out of them for a release date? Trust me they do not even know yet.

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

Well, i've got a cousin who works over at Arenanet and he's calling it vaporware

My uncle say your uncle lies, but my aunty say GW2 is planned for 2015.

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    I am drinking coffee at this very moment.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
    I am drinking coffee at this very moment.

I am reading your comment and responding to it at this very moment.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by aesperus
    All indicators point towards August / September.
    What indicators? It's late June already and release date haven't been announced yet. So August is highly unlikely.

December is more likely and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of 2013+ release.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

Hello, I'm the uncle and I never told Isasis this information.

I'm really happy for you, Isasis, but this is one of the very best comments of all time. 

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

I'm the CEO of GameStop, and I was pretty sure I told all of you that this game released two days ago...

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

LOL...

Just officially announced an August 28th release date.

And all of you thought this was a troll post.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

And all of you thought this was a troll post.

I didn't. :) Still a bit surprised to hear about August release but it's good news so I don't mind being wrong in this case.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Since we now have an actual official release date, I'm going to close this spec topic.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/355543/Arenanet-Get-Ready-For-August-28th.html

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.