Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date is aiming to be August or December (release announced)

Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

Not confirmed, and it may change. But ArenaNet is aiming an August release, if all goes well. My Uncle works over at Arenanet and told me by phone. But he is just a developer. Not in any high position or anything, but that is the talk around the office. If they miss August, it will most likely be a December release.

Partly the release is because NCsoft is pushing them a lot faster to get the game out there, since the latest MMOs they've had haven't worked that well, over in the Western world. They really need Guild Wars 2 to do good, or they may close up shop or greatly decrease their influence over here. And GW2 has been in development a while, and they don't want to wait past this year.

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Can you tell your uncle to add my account to the list of people in interal testing image

• AcidDKAcidDK Member Posts: 82

Hello, I'm the uncle and I never told Isasis this information.

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by Isasis

My Uncle works over at Arenanet and told me by phone. :)

The quesiton is, for how long? Just kidding.

Partly the release is because NCsoft is pushing them a lot faster to get the game out there

Hope that they are not pushing too hard. We deserve a rock-solid launch of a ready game for a change.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Not confirmed, and it may change. But ArenaNet is aiming an August release, if all goes well. My Uncle works over at Arenanet and told me by phone. But he is just a developer. Not in any high position or anything, but that is the talk around the office. If they miss August, it will most likely be a December release.

Partly the release is because NCsoft is pushing them a lot faster to get the game out there, since the latest MMOs they've had haven't worked that well, over in the Western world. They really need Guild Wars 2 to do good, or they may close up shop or greatly decrease their influence over here. And GW2 has been in development a while, and they don't want to wait past this year.

Well, i've got a cousin who works over at Arenanet and he's calling it vaporware

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by AcidDK

ROFL!

Beta tester maniac

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

You're 21...

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

GET ME IN THE BETA!!!!

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

That was an EPIC comment lol :D

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

TLDR

• AcidDKAcidDK Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Creslin321

You're 21...

No, you're 21

• TraviksTraviks Member CommonPosts: 32

hard to believe, do not bother bro

BTW August - December seems legit... because they said the game would come out this year. Nothing new.

• WookieebobWookieebob Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

Well, i've got a cousin who works over at Arenanet and he's calling it vaporware

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Traviks

hard to believe, do not bother bro

BTW August - December seems legit... because they said the game would come out this year. Nothing new.

If it is hard to believe, and then right after you said, August or December seems legit (since they even said it would come out this year)...then it sounds like you are just trolling. Saying hard to believe, and right after...lol. Fail troll is fail.

In any case, if they did indeed say that...this only confirms that.

As for my Uncle, he only has been working at Arenanet for 4 months...he is rather new there. But, there is a lot of pressure to get the game out the door for this year.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Wookieebob
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I am one of the persons mentioned here and I confirm

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

The funny thing is, it sounds like no one here has family members that work for game companies. What is that, like some kind of high prized job that no one can believe people do or does? Is it like working for the CIA? LOL. All of you make it sound like that.

Anyway, ArenaNet/NCsoft has already said they want a release this year.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

The funny thing is, it sounds like no one here has family members that work for game companies. What is that, like some kind of high prized job that no one can believe people do or does? Is it like working for the CIA? LOL. All of you make it sound like that.

Wow, you figured that out all on your own?

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

That's why if you knew any better, you would have kept the information to yourself. Everyone knows that they are aiming for this year so we didn't need your echoing of that message regardless of whether your Dad or your son works for Anet.

This is not a game.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

You're 21...

No, you're 21

Great comeback!  You're also from Denmark, and the OP is from California, USA.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    In b4 delete ;)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

You're 21...

i have nephews 15 years older than me.  age is not a factor when it comes to being an uncle.

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128
    You can actually be an uncle to someone around the same age or older than you. If you have a brother or sister who's, say, something like 20 years older than you who had a kid at around age 20, and you were now around age 20, your nephew or niece would be around the same age as you. Just saying.

However I still don't believe that this is real. Even if it is, it's hardly given us any new information regarding the release date.

Stop the speculation!
  • FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Hello everyone, Mike O'Brien here.

I'd just like to clear this up. Our original release date of "When it's ready" is still in effect. We'll unveil more details in the coming months. I also hope you're all excited for the next BWE. We'll see you then.

Thanks for your continous support of the game and the company.

P.S.- The OP's uncle may suffer a certain "problem" for releasing this information, which again, we cannot confirm or denny.

Best wishes. ArenaNet image

OP, I take it that with 300+ posts in these forums you know by now that people here do not take "leaked" release date info seriously. To be honest with good reason, unless it can be validated it will be: A. chastised B. ignored.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

The funny thing is, it sounds like no one here has family members that work for game companies. What is that, like some kind of high prized job that no one can believe people do or does? Is it like working for the CIA? LOL. All of you make it sound like that. Anyway, ArenaNet/NCsoft has already said they want a release this year.

My brother works for the CIA and said that hes sorry but he doesnt have the clearance level to get "GuildWars 2 News".
    Hes hoping for a promotion next week then he can atleast be in on Hello Kitty Island Adventures news.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

If you can somehow prove that your uncle works at Anet, then we would all be inclined to believe you. Until then, people will most likely just make fun of you (rightly so if you claim things without bakcing them up).

Having said that, if it's true that your uncle works at Anet, and he told you by phone that they're aming for August or December, then please tell your uncle that he should keep his mouth shut if he wants to keep his job. I'm sure Anet would not appreciate one of their devs leaking info they're not supposed to.

Of course, if its true in the first place that your supposed uncle works at Anet. We'll all be waiting for the proof :-)

This discussion has been closed.