Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO's out now have a lot of grouping while leveling?

ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

I am getting bored of tera because queue times for dungeons are huge and playing alone is not much fun to me. I am thinking of resubbing rift , I could play my 50, or level a new character. I want some players to play with :)

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    I resubbed to rift and yeah there loads of activity on at this time with dungeon runs but to be honest rift is seriously a massive gear grind,I know most mmo nowadays are but rift is taking it a step too far making it daunting for new players, so I shelved my 50 warrior and rolling an alt at this time.
  • FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Well, you can group up in any mmo to do quests and everything, but i'd recomend Rift because of, well, the Rifts

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Well, you can group up in any mmo to do quests and everything, but i'd recomend Rift because of, well, the Rifts

The rifts are overrated. I remember looking forward to that feature only to have it happen every 5 minutes.. -.- quickly lost my interest.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Also interested.

I don't think such a game exists.

FFXIV favors party play while levelling, but only slightly (solo is pretty fast) and the enemies you're fighting in parties aren't...hard. Youd have multiple people pulling.. and pl'ing in that game is extremely dumb. (You claim the mob, high pl outside of pt smacks it/nukes it. You get full exp).

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Casual grouping?  One where you don't need to join groups and most of group activities in open world while levelling are not demanding?

Rift. 

Somewhere in 2012 also GW2.

-----------

Mmorpg with plenty of group quests & content in open world that absolutely NEED group to do and is impossible / very hard to do this content when not in group?

None.  Even old mmorpg's got nerfed in this regard.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

I'm getting my group fix in DDO, there are usually always pick up groups going on through all level ranges, and if not then start your own and people quickly flock to join as long as you plan on going in on elite or hard difficulty. It's free to play, most quests are free with some larger ones being paid for, plus you can do certain things in game and get free DDO points instead of paying cash for them. I just got a new Level 7 adventure pack for free, as I'd saved up more than double the points needed to pay for it.

I'm on Orien server and there seems to be a lot of activity, though a lot of players have resurrected so are a bit more powerful and prone to rushing. Resurrection is when you hit max level and can make your next character somewhat more powerful.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

WOW, RIFT, and if it still has enough players CoX.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

WOW .. most leveling is now done with LFD. In fact, it is WAY faster to level by grouping .. almost too fast.