Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So will PvP save the day?

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Your missing a lot here. Why do you stay on these forums anyways? It's your riight, but it's clear you don't like the game.

once again just because someone doesn't love EVERY aspect of this game doesn't mean they do not enjoy the game... I have seen many posts he has spoken highly of many aspects of the game. Sorry not everyone finds every aspect of this game as perfect as you seem to.

It's ok not to love everything. It's not ok to lie. Lying do to lack of understanding still is lying. Say that the land game means nothing is in Fusang is lying due to lack of information and expirence. If you don't like it when I call you on BS, don't post misinformation. 

Stop just stop. We all read these forums just like you, and don't need you to tell us what we see.

I see you post more misinformation than most others so take that for what its worth... people are posting their personal experiences just because it doesn't mimic yours doesn't mean they are lying.

Show me one time I posted misinformation. 1 time, or are you doing what you usually do?

obviously you will not see it as misinformation no matter what i show you as its what you wrote and your opinion. You call out others for posting opinions on their experiences yet they are lying because they don't align exactly with yours. You also jump to conclusions left and right asuming people who like GW2 have a vendetta and are out to bash your beloved game when most of the time they are just making small comparisons about the two games.  Many of us enjoy TSW very much and enjoy GW2 yet we wish some aspects of one game were found in the other and vise versa. Don't see why you have such a problem with this.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Those buffs are HUGE. I think they are bigger for PvE than PvP. The are so big I can see progression guillds in the future complaining that "We didn't have the buffs, so "Guild X" downed the boss first!"

Those buffs are HUGE?

On friday my faction (the Illuminati) was getting absolutely destroyed in Fusang. Templars were dominating and mostly trading w/ the Dragon. I was running Inferno runs during most of that. My experience? With a good group we could run it in roughly 15mins. With a bad group it all depended on how many times people whiped.

On saturday my faction had control of the entire Fusang, and had over twice the amount of buffs we had on friday. I got bored w/ PvP and again, did some Inferno runs. My experience? With a good group we could run it in roughly 15mins. With a bad group it all depended on how many times people whiped.

I wasn't always running w/ the same people either. People left, we swapped out players. There was absolutely no visible different between our success or failure based on buffs. I saw the buffs, I knew they were there, the impact was negligible.

Same deal in PvP. I saw my health increase a bit, that was nice, but my damage was just as high as it usually was. I was hitting for ~2k without the buffs, and maybe 2.1-2.2k with the buffs.

• MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389

The beauty of it all is that TSW's pvp will be developed to such a point that will bring in DAoC world pvp and keep taking while maximizing the perks given to guilds who hold land, much like Anarchy Online. The games PVE is untouchable at this point... the dungeons are perfect in duration and difficulty, the quests are great and are not 1 tiered, and overall, the FANBASE is one that is respectful (the majority of WOW fans will not be playing this game thanks to the sponge called GW2).

TSW will continue to expand and further its dynamic nature, and I applaud and support this. FC comes at the MMO population with alot to offer. I truly believe they will continue to deliver. REMEMBER, this is JUST LAUNCH

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by aesperus

It's ok not to love everything. It's not ok to lie. Lying do to lack of understanding still is lying. Say that the land game means nothing is in Fusang is lying due to lack of information and expirence. If you don't like it when I call you on BS, don't post misinformation. 

Stop just stop. We all read these forums just like you, and don't need you to tell us what we see.

It means buffs, and tokens for high QL gear.

However, those buffs really don't matter much outside of PvP. PvE is still highly gear based. And in PvP the balance is so dependant on numbers, that the buffs don't really make much of an impact at all. I think it basically amounts to around 1-2 extra hits to kill someone, or around 1-2 less hits to kill someone. However, when all of the pvp is so heavily zerg based, those 1-2 hits go completely unnoticed. In all practical purposes it means nothing outside of the gear currency.

Those buffs are HUGE. I think they are bigger for PvE than PvP. The are so big I can see progression guillds in the future complaining that "We didn't have the buffs, so "Guild X" downed the boss first!"

15% xp

5% dmg

5% healing

300 hit

300 defense

This is just for Fusang domination. With control over the two battle grounds it's even more.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Those buffs are HUGE?

see post above.

Those buffs are HUGE?

see post above.

Like I said, the buffs are there, but really don't make much of a difference. In PvE runs were taking about the same amount of time. Tanks were taking roughly the same amount of damage. Etc. Having a 5% dmg increase isn't all that significant when things are dying extremely fast, or when you have a trait that increases crit / penetration enough to blow that out of the water. Hell a simple exposed debuff makes that bonus laughable. Same thing goes for defense, and healing.

Simply put, very few fights are anywhere close enough to make those buffs matter. Things are either dominated, or doing the dominating.

Those buffs are HUGE?

see post above.

Like I said, the buffs are there, but really don't make much of a difference. In PvE runs were taking about the same amount of time. Tanks were taking roughly the same amount of damage. Etc. Having a 5% dmg increase isn't all that significant when things are dying extremely fast, or when you have a trait that increases crit / penetration enough to blow that out of the water. Hell a simple exposed debuff makes that bonus laughable. Same thing goes for defense, and healing.

Simply put, very few fights are anywhere close enough to make those buffs matter. Things are either dominated, or doing the dominating.

I feel it when doing nightmare modes see it too.

Those buffs are HUGE?

see post above.

Sorry to hear that. I don't. To put it into perspective my crit is already floating between 90-100%. Between crit procs, penetration procs, and if I'm rolling w/ anyone that is running exposed debuffs, my damage more than doubles from base. When you're damage is already increased by a factor of 200%, an extra 5% on top of that isn't really noticeable. The tanks I sometimes run w/ also have similar setups, except more for defense and less for offense.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

So it gives an advantage to who ever is dominating? I know there needs to be an incentive but that seems a bit backwards to me...

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Originally posted by maitrader

The beauty of it all is that TSW's pvp will be developed to such a point that will bring in DAoC world pvp and keep taking while maximizing the perks given to guilds who hold land, much like Anarchy Online. The games PVE is untouchable at this point... the dungeons are perfect in duration and difficulty, the quests are great and are not 1 tiered, and overall, the FANBASE is one that is respectful (the majority of WOW fans will not be playing this game thanks to the sponge called GW2).

TSW will continue to expand and further its dynamic nature, and I applaud and support this. FC comes at the MMO population with alot to offer. I truly believe they will continue to deliver. REMEMBER, this is JUST LAUNCH

I like the game, but will wait a month or so before deciding on a purchase.

One thing though:  Anytime you start to talk about what a game WILL be as opposed to what it actually IS... is just hope.  Just as likely (well... honestly more likely) not be be fullfilled as it is to come true.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by DaezAster

So it gives an advantage to who ever is dominating? I know there needs to be an incentive but that seems a bit backwards to me...

it would be better to have some other form of incentive given to the dominating faction then give buffs to the other two factions.. just how I would of done it

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

I thought the same at first, but you have to remember 2 other faction will be fighting the dominant 1.

I thought the same at first, but you have to remember 2 other faction will be fighting the dominant 1.

guess it all really comes down to how much one side is dominating and how well the balance ends up... if one side is strong enough to easily take on the other two AND they get the buffs it's going to be a problem

Those buffs are HUGE?

see post above.

Sorry to hear that. I don't. To put it into perspective my crit is already floating between 90-100%. Between crit procs, penetration procs, and if I'm rolling w/ anyone that is running exposed debuffs, my damage more than doubles from base. When you're damage is already increased by a factor of 200%, an extra 5% on top of that isn't really noticeable. The tanks I sometimes run w/ also have similar setups, except more for defense and less for offense.

You know everyone has around 90% and up crit in PvP? Check your crit when you leave leave the warzone. It will probably be closer to 10% for pve content. I'm not sure how or why, but this is how it is. 

guess it all really comes down to how much one side is dominating and how well the balance ends up... if one side is strong enough to easily take on the other two AND they get the buffs it's going to be a problem

Yeah in theory it would be, but in practice no one side holds all for long now that FC let a bunch of people in to CB. 

You know everyone has around 90% and up crit in PvP? Check your crit when you leave leave the warzone. It will probably be closer to 10% for pve content. I'm not sure how or why, but this is how it is. 

This is in PvE. And I'm not claiming it's difficult to get, in fact that's a large part of my point. It's so easy to get large dmg / defense / healing boosts in this game, that a measely 5% doesn't matter. It's an issue w/ scaling.

• motojoe04motojoe04 Member Posts: 14

I have been in CB since may 5th. The lack of experience and information on these forums is just disgusting. In fusang in CB is 33/33/33 all of the time. And if there is one faction outnumbering the others, its usually dragon....go figure, ya dam whiners. Quit posting if you dont know.....Sure there are zergs but a group of 5 can easily sneak behind the others zerg and litereally destroy them, ive done it personally. Tactics wins fusang, you can think otherwise, but we use tactics, and it wins objectives. Easily send a group to one facilty as a distraction. while the main force takes another. That is what wins objectives. The people posting they know this, or they know that are lying. I have over 20 days testing CB and the game does have it flaws. The pvp is fast and not as zergy as you people claim.

If you dont know shit about the game or in general the pvp, dont post, your making yourself seem stupid.

Yall asked for a CB to tell ya what is really going on. Just told you. The factions are extremely balanced for a fvfvf.

With that being said, in OB people are very zergy, they dont use tactics, they just pvp and usually have fun. When launch happens you will see what fusang is really about, tactics. Honestly if you solo que for a FvFvF then your just plain stupid anyways...There is no 1v1, get over it. If your going to que solo, do one of the other 2 instanced pvp zones, they are more for solo queing.

And to you GW2 fanbois, we dont come to your forums and talk shit. Get over it that there are people who like TSW better then GW2, I for oen am sick of the fantasy bullshit that has been so "overplayed" stick to your own forums...Dam kids!

And for the ones that are going to troll me, Wont hurt me a bit, enjoy.

Off topic, for the people who think the PvE is easy. Wait till you get to the nightmare dungeons, they are no joke, enjoy the easy dungeons while you can...

to Bcbully. The crit % shown on the character sheet it incorrect, its a known bug. You are most likely sitting at 20-30% crit. Just an FYI.

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163

Save the day?

PVE alone the game is great fun.

I will state that the 300 to hit is worth the buff to begin with. You will notice a huge difference not having it.

Originally posted by motojoe04

to Bcbully. The crit % shown on the character sheet it incorrect, its a known bug. You are most likely sitting at 20-30% crit. Just an FYI.

Thanks man. I couldn't explain that one. I just knew it was strange.

I have been in CB since may 5th. The lack of experience and information on these forums is just disgusting. In fusang in CB is 33/33/33 all of the time. And if there is one faction outnumbering the others, its usually dragon....go figure, ya dam whiners. Quit posting if you dont know.....Sure there are zergs but a group of 5 can easily sneak behind the others zerg and litereally destroy them, ive done it personally. Tactics wins fusang, you can think otherwise, but we use tactics, and it wins objectives. Easily send a group to one facilty as a distraction. while the main force takes another. That is what wins objectives. The people posting they know this, or they know that are lying. I have over 20 days testing CB and the game does have it flaws. The pvp is fast and not as zergy as you people claim.

If you dont know shit about the game or in general the pvp, dont post, your making yourself seem stupid.

Yall asked for a CB to tell ya what is really going on. Just told you. The factions are extremely balanced for a fvfvf.

With that being said, in OB people are very zergy, they dont use tactics, they just pvp and usually have fun. When launch happens you will see what fusang is really about, tactics. Honestly if you solo que for a FvFvF then your just plain stupid anyways...There is no 1v1, get over it. If your going to que solo, do one of the other 2 instanced pvp zones, they are more for solo queing.

And to you GW2 fanbois, we dont come to your forums and talk shit. Get over it that there are people who like TSW better then GW2, I for oen am sick of the fantasy bullshit that has been so "overplayed" stick to your own forums...Dam kids!

wasn't aware only super fans of a certain game owned these forums and yes many people go to the GW2 forums just to flame it.. happens with every game so shouldn't be any surprise. Also I never saw it even close to 33/33/33 in OB Templar by far dominated but mainly because many are using the templar they made from the earlier OB when that was the only faction available.

wasn't aware only super fans of a certain game owned these forums and yes many people go to the GW2 forums just to flame it.. happens with every game so shouldn't be any surprise. Also I never saw it even close to 33/33/33 in OB Templar by far dominated but mainly because many are using the templar they made from the earlier OB when that was the only faction available.

As i stated the balance i was saying was in CB.