Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ad campaign started today

MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

DEV Gargaj just announced in-game a new ad campaign along with a new welcome page, hopefully it brings some more players in! I just started a trial 2 days ago and having the most fun I have in a game since I started Eve 3 years ago. The population seems decent right now, but more can't hurt. I look forward to playing over the next few month's at least.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

Comments

• gorticgortic Member UncommonPosts: 115

FINALLY!

• GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207

They now have a starter kit on amazon.com

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

It's been a month now and I haven't seen any noticable increase in population. :/

• GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by cirsyndic

It's been a month now and I haven't seen any noticable increase in population. :/

Yeah I know. I have seen new people in game. But not the numbers I was hoping for. Come on people! Come play a great game. :)

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Well the game's been out for two years and lost most of its population (twice), realistically I don't think it'll ever climb out of the gutter because it can't seem to retain subs besides the ~100 diehards with 2-6 accounts. :/

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Well the game's been out for two years and lost most of its population (twice), realistically I don't think it'll ever climb out of the gutter because it can't seem to retain subs besides the ~100 diehards with 2-6 accounts. :/

This is the issue.
    I played this game for 2 months after it was released. The concept wasn't bad, but Just like when I played Anarchy Online. If you didn't have multiple accounts, you weren't a serious player.

Sorry, that's a deal breaker for me. If one account won't cut it, I'm out.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

This is the issue.
    I played this game for 2 months after it was released. The concept wasn't bad, but Just like when I played Anarchy Online. If you didn't have multiple accounts, you weren't a serious player.

Sorry, that's a deal breaker for me. If one account won't cut it, I'm out.

Ok...you didnt need multiple account for AO and you dont NEED multiple accounts in perpetuum.

Yes having a miner and a combat makes having...well...a miner and a combat character happen faster.

The game really isnt what it use to be...where you could afk mine for days while off on your combat character.  

IMO its a great game mechanically, its just...welll a game where you cant race to endgame then expect a fair 1vs1 pvp match with zero death penalty risk...most people who like this type of game are already in eve.

The only thing missing in perpetuum is the decent community size...im fairly certain that no matter how cool the make the game people are either playing eve so why care about this or just want the most dumbed down easy ride to endgame where they can pvp queue all day.

Anyway at $10 a month...two accounts isnt crazy...and its actually kind of fun to have to manage both...the games got a lite client so its easy to have two open ect.  Certainly has better mechanics than EVE, that is, if you can get over the fact that its not a wowpark.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by redman875
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer   Originally posted by cirsyndic Well the game's been out for two years and lost most of its population (twice), realistically I don't think it'll ever climb out of the gutter because it can't seem to retain subs besides the ~100 diehards with 2-6 accounts. :/
      This is the issue. I played this game for 2 months after it was released. The concept wasn't bad, but Just like when I played Anarchy Online. If you didn't have multiple accounts, you weren't a serious player. Sorry, that's a deal breaker for me. If one account won't cut it, I'm out.
    Ok...you didnt need multiple account for AO and you dont NEED multiple accounts in perpetuum.

Yes having a miner and a combat makes having...well...a miner and a combat character happen faster.

The game really isnt what it use to be...where you could afk mine for days while off on your combat character.  

IMO its a great game mechanically, its just...welll a game where you cant race to endgame then expect a fair 1vs1 pvp match with zero death penalty risk...most people who like this type of game are already in eve.

The only thing missing in perpetuum is the decent community size...im fairly certain that no matter how cool the make the game people are either playing eve so why care about this or just want the most dumbed down easy ride to endgame where they can pvp queue all day.

Anyway at $10 a month...two accounts isnt crazy...and its actually kind of fun to have to manage both...the games got a lite client so its easy to have two open ect.  Certainly has better mechanics than EVE, that is, if you can get over the fact that its not a wowpark.

Don't you see the contradiction in your post?

I said "you need multiple accounts". To which you reply saying "you don't" But then talk about how much fun it is to have 2 accounts. So in essence I'm missing out on something if I don't have them.

It's fine, it's the same way in AO,

It's just not for me.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Originally posted by redman875

Originally posted by cirsyndic Well the game's been out for two years and lost most of its population (twice), realistically I don't think it'll ever climb out of the gutter because it can't seem to retain subs besides the ~100 diehards with 2-6 accounts. :/
      This is the issue. I played this game for 2 months after it was released. The concept wasn't bad, but Just like when I played Anarchy Online. If you didn't have multiple accounts, you weren't a serious player. Sorry, that's a deal breaker for me. If one account won't cut it, I'm out.

Don't you see the contradiction in your post?

I said "you need multiple accounts". To which you reply saying "you don't" But then talk about how much fun it is to have 2 accounts. So in essence I'm missing out on something if I don't have them.

It's fine, it's the same way in AO,

It's just not for me.

Well you seem convinced that you wont like the game without more than one account, so your mind is already set.

You dont need more than one account because i enjoy having two.