Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you ever buy another blizzard game?

Comments

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    That's funny because i'm a casual gamer, on of the majority of gamers, and i agree with him completely. They did mess up the mmo genre because now just about every company is trying to emulate them. Hopefully GW2, TSW, Wushu, Neverwinter and the like will break the mold and prevent this mistake from being made in the future of mmo games ever again. 

Actually as WoW dominates more than half of the MMO genre in the west then that means that people who play WoW are part of the majority, being a casual or hardcore player is irrelevent. 

Also, Blizzard messed up the MMO genre by creating a successful product that every other company tried to emulate? Are you serious? Clearly by your logic Blizzard did not mess up the genre, the other companies making clones did. Think before you post mate.

I also highly doubt any of those games you mentioned will "break the mold" as none of them will be even half as successful as Mists of Pandaria (I could bet my life on it.) And like I said earlier, gaming companies will clone what is the most successful, nothing else.

So, in conclusion, I believe I've proved you wrong and expect many more WoW clones :)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Valua
    That's funny because i'm a casual gamer, on of the majority of gamers, and i agree with him completely. They did mess up the mmo genre because now just about every company is trying to emulate them. Hopefully GW2, TSW, Wushu, Neverwinter and the like will break the mold and prevent this mistake from being made in the future of mmo games ever again. 

Actually as WoW dominates more than half of the MMO genre in the west then that means that people who play WoW are part of the majority, being a casual or hardcore player is irrelevent. 

Also, Blizzard messed up the MMO genre by creating a successful product that every other company tried to emulate? Are you serious? Clearly by your logic Blizzard did not mess up the genre, the other companies making clones did. Think before you post mate.

I also highly doubt any of those games you mentioned will "break the mold" as none of them will be even half as successful as Mists of Pandaria (I could bet my life on it.) And like I said earlier, gaming companies will clone what is the most successful, nothing else.

So, in conclusion, I believe I've proved you wrong and expect many more WoW clones :)

thew up in my mouth a lil... I'm out of here.. Bringing up bad memories of fighting to save the game I used to love.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NormantisNormantis Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Sure, 41 is ancient, and entitles you to pose with a cane.  Shake it vigorously while making your stand.

LOL

Watch out my 8 year old is your raid leader.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Blizzard is not the Blizzard we know any more, most if not 3/4 of the people who made games that made Blizzard what it is have moved on to other companies or started their own companies.

I do agree if Blizzard does make a fun game i like to play then i'll buy it, but now i'll be a bit skeptical in future purchases of their products.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Normantis
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Sure, 41 is ancient, and entitles you to pose with a cane.  Shake it vigorously while making your stand.

LOL

Watch out my 8 year old is your raid leader.

Oooh, bad guess!  Want to try the hubris from a different approach?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

I like good games and I don't care who makes them, everyone deserves a new chance at making a good game. I don't care how many good or bad games a developer has made, I judge every new game on its own merits. I've always found loyalty to brands/developers to be very strange.

Diablo 2 is my favourite game of all time but I didn't buy Diablo 3 and never will because of the decisions they made for that game. If Blizzard makes a new game and shows me enough about it to convince me that it's good and not pay to win then I will buy it, same goes for every other developer.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

Will I ever buy another Blizzard game?  Only every single one they release from now until the end of time.  I always know I'm going to get a quality game from them.  Some are better than others, but they always keep me interested for a good amount of time.

Riiight because D3 has so much quality and content. Now if you are talking about the cinematics yeah those are quality but everything else about D3 was a complete let down especially for those who played D2.

It actually does.  I played D2 and I love D3.  I know you spend most of your free time on D3 threads trashing the game, but it doesn't mean you are right about it.  

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

If their single player games continue to have the "always online required" BS, then no.  I'll wait and see what their future mmo's are like to make a decision on those.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Will I ever buy another Blizzard game?  Only every single one they release from now until the end of time.  I always know I'm going to get a quality game from them.  Some are better than others, but they always keep me interested for a good amount of time.

Riiight because D3 has so much quality and content. Now if you are talking about the cinematics yeah those are quality but everything else about D3 was a complete let down especially for those who played D2.

It actually does.  I played D2 and I love D3.  I know you spend most of your free time on D3 threads trashing the game, but it doesn't mean you are right about it.  

Yeah i am right, unfortunately, it is a mere shadow of what D2 was. I stopped playing it when i got to inferno and they A: reduced the useful drops to almost never B: activated the RMAH and then everyone required RM for purchases and C: didn't add the much needed content boost they claimed they would put in shortly after launch. That's why i'm here. That and GW2 isn't out yet :)

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Warcraft 4 baby!!! been waiting a long time for ya...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

So according to your logic, the fact that every game that was release recently that had 2004 mechanics should have had the same huge numbers because WoW was successful at it. Riiiight, have you seen the real numbers for SWTOR and Rift? yeah might wanna check again there bub because they targeted WoW directly with their older designs and didn't get the population they wanted or aimed for. (And i like Rift but facts are facts)

So far GW2 betas BETAS have already had an effect on the games with WoW like molds. People came back from playing the beta and started telling the devs of these games what they want and asking why they can't put that in. Customer demand will change the market before anything, that's if these other devs are smart and want to keep their players and keep them happy being sub only you see.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Yeah. Why wouldn't I buy another one?  If you know what to expect going in, it's not so bad.   I know MoP is going to be Malibu Stacy with a new hat, but I'll still buy it.

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163

Did not vote.

This is not an options for "Only Warcraft Titles"

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

Currently, I'm through with Blizzard.

They way they've been changing their games lately is not for me.

I don't like the direction they're taking WoW down, and I don't like some things in Diablo 3 like this new 72 hour level 13 hold on players. No thank you. I'm moving on just like I did witrh SOE, and they're EQ changes.

Too many titles out now to get upset over one. Haven't been back to SOE, and at this rate I won't be back to Bliz either.

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

If they make a game I want to play, I'll buy it. Why wouldn't I?

Same here.  That's exactly what I thought when I read the title.  Maybe the OP meant BioWare?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I have enjoyed the Blizzard games that I have played. When they weren't fun enough I played something else. I'll play their games in the future.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I absolutely love D1, D2, and now D3. I enjoyed WoW for 6 years on and off, and only really quit because of a combination of boredom & the increasingly toxic community. SC2 was... okay, but I much prefer the Dawn of War games for my RTS fix (that and SC is a blatant ripoff of WH40K).

D3 has its problems, but certainly none large enough to turn me off from the game. So yes, I would buy another Blizzard product again.

• Byne25Byne25 Member Posts: 41

Played WoW. Liked not not loved it. Bought Diablo III and hated it but Blizzard gave me my money back and the many times I have had to deal with their customer service has been excellent so I would definately buy a game from blizzard again.  I just hope its not like Diablo III...lol

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

No more Blizzard games for me .... Starcraft 2 began it and Diablo 3 ended it.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

So according to your logic, the fact that every game that was release recently that had 2004 mechanics should have had the same huge numbers because WoW was successful at it. Riiiight, have you seen the real numbers for SWTOR and Rift? yeah might wanna check again there bub because they targeted WoW directly with their older designs and didn't get the population they wanted or aimed for. (And i like Rift but facts are facts)

So far GW2 betas BETAS have already had an effect on the games with WoW like molds. People came back from playing the beta and started telling the devs of these games what they want and asking why they can't put that in. Customer demand will change the market before anything, that's if these other devs are smart and want to keep their players and keep them happy being sub only you see.

I never said that clones were successful, not once. What I was saying was you cannot blame Blizzard for creating a successful product that other companies cloned and flooded the MMO genre. You blamed Blizzard, it is not their fault.

Also customer demand for GW2 will still only be a fraction of that of WoW, so my point still stands. Companies follow what is most successful (WoW,) not those that are second best (GW2.) Also WoW will dominate GW2 (and every other MMO) by a clear mile for a long time to come still.

There will rarely be a company who will take risks, or who can afford to take them (ArenaNet) but most companies will stick to trying to perfect the WoW clone (Most other MMO companies.)

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

Yes. Now if you asked me if I'd buy another EA game that might be different.

• zekeofevzekeofev Member UncommonPosts: 240

Before Diablo 3 I would of bought blindly. Now I will wait till after it has been released to see if I want to pick it up.

So yes, but in terms of trending I am on a sharp decline.

Diablo 3 sucked that bad for me.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

When it come to their existing Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft franchises... no.

I am a tiny-bit interested in finding out what Titan is, but only because I would *hope* they are smarter than they seem (lately) and would make a product that is so divergent from WoW that it would be impossible to compete with it. Thusly, it might be up my alley - though, that might be giving them way too much credit at this point.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

It's getting harder and harder to want to but I've never had a problem with customer service which would be my main issue. The games are necessarliy bad, but they arent heading in a direction I really like.

• ScarlyngScarlyng Member UncommonPosts: 159

I would buy another Blizzard MMO, but only if they deviate from the typical MMO formula.  Since I expect the likelihood of that to be approaching zero, I picked absolutely not.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw