Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you ever buy another blizzard game?

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by eycel

Im proud to say I voted hell nah, I played WOW a lot and is one of my all time favorites along with SWG but I feel like a puppet now looking back on it, I would definitely never play anything they release ever again as I hate that feeling there company gives me.

your loss, not ours.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Millions of people wanted to reply to this thread, but they're too busy playing WoW, D2, D3, and Starcraft Titles.

This thread is a little over the top.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Depends on the game, but if WoW and Diablo 3 are any indicator of the direction they are pursuing (as well as their target audience) then their games are beneath me.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Yamota

No. After they ruined the MMORPG genre with WoW and how they release games for mass market I realised they are the MacDonalds of gaming.

WoW didnt ruin the mmorpg genre. That comment is pretty ignorant, no offense. If anyone ruined the mmorpg genre was all the companies that got blinded by the success of WoW and became dirty players cloning WoW for fast money making instead of making the best game they can. Those were the ones who ruined the genre.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Aconsar

I broke my rule of "Hell no" with D3 because I caved and decided to check it out with friends.  I loved it at first, but with every Blizzard title, it's just like fast food.  It tasted great, but then you just start feeling the crap afterwards.

I'm tired of games with no lasting appeal and that's all Blizzard seems to be able to make anymore.  All the talent that made D2 so good (put countless months into that game and have bought numerous copies over the years) are long gone.

This is how I feel after d3 aswell lol. Ill only buy another blizz title if Titan looks like a damn miracle.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• aries623aries623 Member Posts: 28

Yep, I have enjoyed every game up to this point. Why stop now.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

L O L at all the people who are against blizzard. I'm sure 99% of you have played WoW, starcraft and / or D3.

And why does everyone think the RMAH is pure greed by blizzard? If it was your company, would you pass on any oppertunity to gain more money?

Secondly the RMAH is a good thing. In D2 all those items and gold where still bought by players for REAL MONEY, not in-game but on the CHINESE GOLD SELLERS websites. If people did it anyway, why not implement it in-game? + It's safer than giving your credit card info to the chinese.

Every company that has major success has haters I guess.

Lastly, I want to tell you that I'm enjoying D3. I'm in act 2 inferno with my barb now and loving it. Yes I need to farm gear to progress, yes It does take a lot of time. But thats the whole point of Diablo.

All the QQ'rs here are probably late WoW players who get everything handed to them for zero effort.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I was never into blizz's art style so there games never really appealed to me. All the gold farming character selling etc.. form wow always sounded wrong to me and I thought it was something the company was trying to combat but when d3 came out with the rmah it stank of a corruption to me. I can understand people taken advantage of a system in a way not intended but the intent is clear here. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I couldnt tell you if I would buy another Blizzard game or not. One thing I can tell you is that I could care less. With the direction they are taking with their games, they are just another sleezball corporation in my books. The only innovation they seem to be interested in, is in how to get more dough out of your pocket.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Im curious as to what Titan is.  Otherwise Blizzard hasn't interested me in a long time. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

No. After they ruined the MMORPG genre with WoW and how they release games for mass market I realised they are the MacDonalds of gaming.

Wow did not ruin the MMO genre, cheesy tries to copy it did and blaming Blizzard for that is unfair.

If companies like Turbine would have continued what they started with AC and Mythic with DaoC the market would be very different today, but it is really their fault and they have payed heavily for their lack of imagination (particularly Mythic).

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Will I ever buy another Blizzard game?  Only every single one they release from now until the end of time.  I always know I'm going to get a quality game from them.  Some are better than others, but they always keep me interested for a good amount of time.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

I can't stand people who think that because they don't like something, or believe they are above it, that it must be bad.

Take your opinion and swallow it, it's yours alone, not everyones (especially not the majority of the MMO genre's.)

Also, whats wrong with McDonalds, it's so nice (as is WoW.)

On topic - Of course I will buy another Blizzard product. They're the only company actually able (so far) to release a MMO without game breaking bugs etc (every WoW expansion.) Also all of their games are at least good, if not excellent (Diablo being just good, Vanilla WoW being excellent.)

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

No, but then I saw the writing on the wall and avoided D3. The first game I bought from them was Warcraft, the last was Diablo 2. Nothing they've made since then has measured up in quality to their competitors. While some might be genuinely enjoying their games, the number doesn't compare with those who are simply enjoying the brand name, with a blind eye cast at what they brand means these days.

Genuinely enjoying the D3 drama *eats popcorn* carry on!

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

image image

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Will I ever buy another Blizzard game?  Only every single one they release from now until the end of time.  I always know I'm going to get a quality game from them.  Some are better than others, but they always keep me interested for a good amount of time.

Riiight because D3 has so much quality and content. Now if you are talking about the cinematics yeah those are quality but everything else about D3 was a complete let down especially for those who played D2.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Riiight because D3 has so much quality and content. Now if you are talking about the cinematics yeah those are quality but everything else about D3 was a complete let down especially for those who played D2.

Hmm, sounds like another recent title that's gone in the pooper.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Originally posted by Valua

I can't stand people who think that because they don't like something, or believe they are above it, that it must be bad.

Take your opinion and swallow it, it's yours alone, not everyones (especially not the majority of the MMO genre's.)

On topic - Of course I will buy another Blizzard product. They're the only company actually able (so far) to release a MMO without game breaking bugs etc (every WoW expansion.) Also all of their games are at least good, if not excellent (Diablo being just good, Vanilla WoW being excellent.)

That's funny because i'm a casual gamer, on of the majority of gamers, and i agree with him completely. They did mess up the mmo genre because now just about every company is trying to emulate them. Hopefully GW2, TSW, Wushu, Neverwinter and the like will break the mold and prevent this mistake from being made in the future of mmo games ever again. 

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I am not a Blizzard fan, but Blizzard has the most outstanding gamehistory of any developer out there, All blizzard games had the level of awesome epicness.

And anyone that's been watching this industry for, oh, the last decade or so knows (by now, surely?) what a poor predictor of future performance the Past is, when it comes to gaming companies.

Not quite sure why gaming companies Fail to Repeat so often. 

Mobility of the staff within the industry, I would be guessing, as the little studios get passed around like trading cards, entire staffs get "downsized", and divided into seperate divisions with locality-based names and wholy different responsibilities.

Given what a bright spot a Blizzard development job must be on a resume, I would assume that the biggest struggle they face is holding on to good people against the constant headhunter assault.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by RebelScum99 Will I ever buy another Blizzard game?  Only every single one they release from now until the end of time.  I always know I'm going to get a quality game from them.  Some are better than others, but they always keep me interested for a good amount of time.

Perhaps that's the next step in increasing "accessibility" (i.e. dumbing down)- remove gameplay bit by bit and add more flashy cinematics. Eventually they'll just become choose-your-own-adventure books made into a CGI video format.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I played D2 quite a bit and I like D3.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Loke666

Wow did not ruin the MMO genre, cheesy tries to copy it did and blaming Blizzard for that is unfair.

If companies like Turbine would have continued what they started with AC and Mythic with DaoC the market would be very different today, but it is really their fault and they have payed heavily for their lack of imagination (particularly Mythic).

I'm not sure obsolving Blizzard / blaming Turbine / Mythic is completely fair either.

Blizzard (or WoW) was indeed the best, and worste thing to happen to the genre. On the positive side, it was a damn good game, and introduced a lot of new players to the genre. On the negative, after WoW it was difficult to fund any project that didn't try to mimick it in some point or another. It's really hard to ask for millions of dollars to do something 'completely different from this 100million$ + behemoth over here' and to 'trust us, it'll be great!'.

The catch22 here is that studios that wanted to do something different from WoW, couldn't get enough funding to compete with the lvl of polish Blizzard had to offer in WoW. Other studios compromised and made it similar enough, but still were able to add in some unique features. And in both cases, Blizzard shamelessly stole ideas from all of the big studios anyway.

Not to say that it shouldn't be expected, but WoW was essentially the fat bully in the playground. He not only sat on the coolest toys, but would take anything he didn't already have on top. While not AC, LotRO was still a really damn good game. It's biggest problem was the cash shop, and monster play. WAR I actually enjoyed quite a bit. It's biggest problem was that it was rushed out too soon, and had a ton of bugs. Before GW2, WAR had some of the most fun PvP I'd had in a while, before people tried to treat it like a dueling game, and balance got thrown to the wind.

• NormantisNormantis Member Posts: 26

I look at Blizzard like I look at LEGO.   Blizzard and LEGO both make a brillant products, I still dont buy either of them.  Maybe if I was in the age bracket these products are aiming for them maybe I would buy it.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I was smart and didnt waste money on D3

Now Blizzard will join the list of bad devs, along with Funcom and Cryptic.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Valua

Ruin the genre? No. Fast food MMO that's not good for your gaming health Cata is that.  "Dungeon over lunch?" anyone?

Man I can't even call WoW bad Cata was bad, like a whole other game... You have WoW and you have Cata.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"