Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Need Help Deciding on a Society

FinitFinit Smithsburg, MDPosts: 145Member

I've been a long-time Guild Wars 2 fan, but since there is a free, easy-to-get-into beta weekend for TSW , I thought I would give it a try.

So I've read the descripitons on the website, and I still can't decide.  

From what I've gathered:  

Dragon- Chaos, and just following orders by some unknown entity.

Illuminati- Rather corrupt, but rely on intelligence and power to gain influence.

Templar- Militaristic and tradition are their backbone.

Anything else I should know, especially in-game, that may help me make a decision. Thanks.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

Comments

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Long Beach, CAPosts: 1,156Member

Yeah, you got a good idea of it, but to get full details, i recomend this thread on the official forums

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=17620 Hope you find a faction you like

• rpgalonrpgalon canilPosts: 430Member
    Originally posted by Finit

I've been a long-time Guild Wars 2 fan, but since there is a free, easy-to-get-into beta weekend for TSW , I thought I would give it a try.

So I've read the descripitons on the website, and I still can't decide.  

From what I've gathered:  

Dragon- Chaos, and just following orders by some unknown entity.

Illuminati- Rather corrupt, but rely on intelligence and power to gain influence.

Templar- Militaristic and tradition are their backbone.

Anything else I should know, especially in-game, that may help me make a decision. Thanks.

don't know if it matter for you but Lumies are going to be the most populated society (not by much).

I find the Illuminati cutscenes fun. (only played Lumie).

• FinitFinit Smithsburg, MDPosts: 145Member

Thanks, I'll check the thread out.  And, I thought the Templar were supposed to be the most popular?  I haven't followed the game that strongly so I could easily be wrong.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd KongsbergPosts: 811Member

I would advice checking out the videos they have for the faction you think is right for you, if it's ok, try it out. Then, create your character and see how you like the intro part where you are introduced to your faction.

Funcom has really made a good job of portraying and stereotyping your faction in the opening sequences so most likely, two of the factions will just not look like an option. I was looking at the illumnati, but after the opening sequence I was like: "No way, that's just too dumb". I really like it because it helps making the factions feel unique.

One side note: the faction quests are basically not in the game before launch to avoid spoilers, so you shouldn't be dissapointed if they aren't in when you try the game out. You get a good feeling about your faction when you send in your reports to them though. The replies I got from the Dragon where snarky and funny as hell. :D