Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a good single player game

OligarhOligarh Member Posts: 48

Well, it's the summer vacation and i have almost no games to play. There is of course league of legends, but i've been playing it too much so i'm a bit bored of it.

I would like you to suggest some games for me, single player preferably, that i could play. The genre is not important ,  no criteria of search, just any game that you think is good atm. Preferably new, 2008+.

Currently i'm waiting for prototype to be released for the PC. Of course Skyrim will be recommended so i'll say from the start that i already played it, and i enjoyed it a bit.

Other single player games that i've played (i rarely play SP cause i can't find good games) are: Deus ex: human revolution (i seriously thought that this is one of the best games ever, even though i deleted it 3 times before actually getting into it :P),  Fallout (i keep forgetting about it, i might continue playing it if no one has any good suggestions), Starcraft(only the campaign, can't play online ... for reasons).

But if you know an online game that is entertaining, do not be shy to mention it also.

It's not mandatory for the games to be AAA titles, indie games could work also, but a well polished game would be nice.

Thank you in advance.

Ok, so i know i should post this in the lfgame section, and i am very sorry that i don't do it, but that section is almost dead and i would get an answer very hard.

Comments

• OligarhOligarh Member Posts: 48

Bump, already second page.

• sindraodsindraod Member Posts: 28

I've been playing Mount & Blade: Warband and having a blast. There are loads of user-created mods for it, so you can pretty much play however you want, whether it's the Wild Frontier or Samurai Japan. I'm playing the Blood & Steel mod, so that's the only one I can comment on, but the mod is really enjoyable, and has me hooked after only about a week playing.

Don't bother with Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword. Just grab Warband and get ready to rumble :)

Killing Floor is also a good FPS if you're into those and have never played it.

Thanks for the recommendation. Funny thing, i've been playing killing floor for a couple of days now.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Mass Effect trilogy

Dragon Age Origins

The witcher series

Battlefield 3

Max Payne 3

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Diablo 3, of course. Very fun & highly addictive.

Batman Akham City (play Akham Asylum if you haven't yet).

Borderland

Thank you, but i've tried most of these. 

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

just  got borderlands last week, if you have not played it, you sohuld give a try... lots of fun... and guns! :)

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

The Witcher Series

Neverwinter Nights 1

Neverwinter Nights 2

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

FOnline:2238  Fallout and multiplayer on the same packet.

or maybe pre-order Xenonauts (X-COM 2012) and play its alpha,looks insane allready.

Let's internet

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Do you have access to Steam? They recently added the Thief series (The Dark Project, The Metal Age, Deadly Shadows) to the game list. They're cheap, and to this day I still count as the best PC games I've ever played. I highly recommend them.

Also, if you liked Skyrim, you should pick up Oblivion as well. Same basic game setup, different story. While I would argue that Skyrim is better in many ways, Oblivion also beats Skyrim in some others.

<3

• CrisazgoCrisazgo Member Posts: 42

Recommend anno 1404 spent so many hours in that game. Didnt play anno 2070 yet so if you prefer sci-fi i assume its pretty much same gameplay.

Really like the dawn of war 2 rts series if you didnt check them out its worth it. They have some rpg leveling elements.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Divinity 2:DKS

Stalker series

Risen & Risen 2

Two Worlds 2

• UndeadlyUndeadly Member Posts: 52

I would recommend

Kingdoms Of Amalur

Skyrim

Mass Effect 1/2/3

Sins of a Solar empire

They should keep you busy

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Diablo 3 is fun as a pick up and have a quick blast type of game.

Steam:

Civ4 - the ultimate strategy game still.

Arx fatalis - great old school dungeon crawler with real atmosphere

Amnesia the dark ascent & call of cthulu: dark corners of the earth - dark, creepy atmospheric adventure games - especially the latter!

Limbo, Bastion - fun little platformer's

Serious sam 2 HD - seriously hard and addictive blasting fun on the Doom stylee, crisp graphics too

Might and Magic V patches have smoothed this game out so its a really tasty turn based game

LOTR online - free, reasonable good fun, big world - gets boring in a while unless you invest in the cash shop a little

GW1 + all of the expansions - huge amount of content, youll never get through it all.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Damn, I was going to also suggest Deus Ex: HR. Great game!

If you haven't played them yet, both the Batman games are really good (Arkham Asylum & Arkham City).

Portal 2 if you haven't played it yet = awesome.

The Witcher 2 is a pretty good game as well.

If you have a console, Dragon's Dogma is pretty damn fun.

As is Uncharted 2 - 3

If there are certain games you tend to drift towards more, I could probably recommend more. It's hard to narrow it down, cause there have been a lot of good games since 2008, but most of the ones I can think of people have already played.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

Diablo 3 is fun as a pick up and have a quick blast type of game.

Steam:

Civ4 - the ultimate strategy game still.

Arx fatalis - great old school dungeon crawler with real atmosphere

Amnesia the dark ascent & call of cthulu: dark corners of the earth - dark, creepy atmospheric adventure games - especially the latter!

Limbo, Bastion - fun little platformer's

Serious sam 2 HD - seriously hard and addictive blasting fun on the Doom stylee, crisp graphics too

Might and Magic V patches have smoothed this game out so its a really tasty turn based game

LOTR online - free, reasonable good fun, big world - gets boring in a while unless you invest in the cash shop a little

GW1 + all of the expansions - huge amount of content, youll never get through it all.

Minus Diablo 3 I would +1 all of these. Very good suggestions. I'd also add Bioshock 1 & 2 to that list.

D3 isn't a terrible game, but it just doesn't feel worth the money. I bought it because some good friends of mine were stoked, and they don't even play it anymore.

Also, if you have steam, don't count out mods. Civ4 for one has some really good mods that are free (afaik) and make the game seem like an entirely different sort of game.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Oligarh

Well, it's the summer vacation and i have almost no games to play. There is of course league of legends, but i've been playing it too much so i'm a bit bored of it.

I would like you to suggest some games for me, single player preferably, that i could play. The genre is not important ,  no criteria of search, just any game that you think is good atm. Preferably new, 2008+.

Currently i'm waiting for prototype to be released for the PC. Of course Skyrim will be recommended so i'll say from the start that i already played it, and i enjoyed it a bit.

Other single player games that i've played (i rarely play SP cause i can't find good games) are: Deus ex: human revolution (i seriously thought that this is one of the best games ever, even though i deleted it 3 times before actually getting into it :P),  Fallout (i keep forgetting about it, i might continue playing it if no one has any good suggestions), Starcraft(only the campaign, can't play online ... for reasons).

But if you know an online game that is entertaining, do not be shy to mention it also.

It's not mandatory for the games to be AAA titles, indie games could work also, but a well polished game would be nice.

Thank you in advance.

Ok, so i know i should post this in the lfgame section, and i am very sorry that i don't do it, but that section is almost dead and i would get an answer very hard.

So in no special order:

1) The Witcher

2) The Witcher 2

3) Dragons Dogma

4)  Dark Siders

5) Tales of Graces F

6) Disgaea (4 i think)

Those are all console games except for the Witcher series. If you get Disgaea I will be surprised if you can finish it by the end of the summer

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

Ones that haven't been mentioned already: Torchlight, Dungeon Defenders, Rune Classic, Space Marine.

• Legend of Grimrock.

• justencasejustencase Member UncommonPosts: 3

Well on the threat of sounding like a stock holder or shamlessly plugging my product or something. I just found GOG.com they have gone back and made some of the best games Ive played in my life avalable for modern PCs. Most of these are single player games and all are at bargin bin prices. Just for the record I gain nothing from them by dropping this. But Connon fodder , Pharaoh , Freespace 2 just a few REAL goodies. They dont really make games like these anymore. Everyone should get a shot at some of the best games evver made. Hope this helps you. Enjoy your summer.

Justencase

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

I know you said 2008+, but I'd really recommend Jade Empire. It was originally released in 2005 (with added fighting styles and higher resolutions for the PC in 2007), but it still looks quite lovely. The characters are wonderful, the story's fun, the combat system is varied and action-packed, the music is beautiful, it has the usual BioWare replayability (pre-EA), and it's one of the best settings I think I've ever played in. Also, it has John Cleese and Nathan Fillion.

Screenshot, just for the sake of reference:

• ChuzpahChuzpah Member CommonPosts: 12

Jade Empire is a great game, I liked it better than Dragon Age. The entire atmosphere is good and it is very immersive.

Also Fable III has John Cleese awesome voice acting and is also a good game.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Venetica

Legend of Grimrock

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Divinity 2 DKS

Saints Row the Third

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• CatNightCatNight Member Posts: 1

You cant go wrong with Skyrim really.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Currently i am addicted to spellforce.  Not sure how old the original is but i think spellforce universe(sf 1 + 2 and the expansions) meets the timeframe and they just releasead a new expansion for sf 2.

Salvation prophecy look to be an interesting indie game that just came out.

Both of these are drm free if that's an issue.

Is going to depend on what you like as I see both dragon age origins and space marine listed and I though both were awful.  With dao being the worst game i ever played.  So you may want to say what type of thing you like.