Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Only 4 hours? Give us another BWE :D

Anyway when there is a stress test, a BWE is close enough

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by seridan

Only 4 hours? Give us another BWE :D

Anyway when there is a stress test, a BWE is close enough

true. 

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83

Nice.

Looking forward to the next BWE and the eventual release of the game.

Roll the Dice

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

4 Hours during European primetime 19.00 till 23.00

Seems that EU primetime works better with US office times.

I´ll be late that day, lets hope i find time to test atleast an hour with my new laptop (Alienware M17x') to see how ell he does.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

Was so excited until I read the link.  4 Hours during working hours on the east coast of U.S.  Yeah, that's not going to happen. :(

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Only four hours? That's pretty awesome actually... if they only feel the need to be open that short a time, that bodes well for where they're at and how much additional data they feel they need.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Volkon

Only four hours? That's pretty awesome actually... if they only feel the need to be open that short a time, that bodes well for where they're at and how much additional data they feel they need.

They just wanna test some things, those 4 hours are probably backed up by a strictly timed testing protocol, with many tools in place to measure certain things.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

This is what Im talking about guys, Anet GW2 really cares about us players, why else would they care about all these server stability issues. They probably could had released the game months ago..... but they want us to play the game on release!!!! and not have the game crash every hour or so like almost eevvvvery new mmo out there. Good job guys. cant wait for GW2!!! give it to me already!!!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

This is what Im talking about guys, Anet GW2 really cares about us players, why else would they care about all these server stability issues. They probably could had released the game months ago..... but they want us to play the game on release!!!! and not have the game crash every hour or so like almost eevvvvery new mmo out there. Good job guys. cant wait for GW2!!! give it to me already!!!

lmao wtf? lol

edit -  lmfao hahah

edit - still cracking up.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DesolousDesolous Member UncommonPosts: 15

Really don't know how much a Stress Test this will be......... To do a real stress test you need as many gamers on as possible. But I guess Anet knows what they are doing..mayb.  Well I will try to be avilable for the stress test but with my work load not going to promise anything.

Have fun to those that do get to play. And for the love of god give your feedback. Help them Help you!!

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

You didn't hear? Beta testing is for marketing purposes only. Unless of course you want your game to be good.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The time window is horrible. It was bad enough with the seven hour window last stress test, but at least it gave them their preferential treatment for Europe, while also allowing people in the US who work or are at school during the day a chance to get in for an hour or two.

What I see from this time window is that it's a European Stress test only, but they will let anyone else who happens to be free access as well.

I don't get this at all.

Also, with only a four hour window, a lot of people won't even bother at all, which isn't any way to do a stress test.

Why not do it like this:

10AM to 7 PM PST, with repeat of BWE2 Finale Event at 1:15 PM PST on European Servers and at 6:15 on US servers?

Or, have two stress tests, a day apart, one timed for Euriopena Prime Time and one timed for US prime Time and both regions having access to both events?

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by Desolous

Really don't know how much a Stress Test this will be.........[snip]

Actually, this is exactly the way to get most players online. Run the servers for a very short amount of time inbetween events so that people will all jump at the opportunity to get online. The fact that it's short usually ensures that not many people will log off.

The times are also well chosen (assuming you're not working in the US, but hey, this is what sick days are for right?), so that most people will get on and stay online

I know I'll be playing the whole 4 hours. I also hope that this does in fact mean another beta weekend is around the corner soon. Or a release date announcement. Or *something* !

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65

What a terrible time to do a stress test.

I'll still try to get on though because I'm a sucker for good games.  See you other suckers in game.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by fiontar

The time window is horrible. It was bad enough with the seven hour window last stress test, but at least it gave them their preferential treatment for Europe, while also allowing people in the US who work or are at school during the day a chance to get in for an hour or two.

What I see from this time window is that it's a European Stress test only, but they will let anyone else who happens to be free access as well.

I don't get this at all.

Also, with only a four hour window, a lot of people won't even bother at all, which isn't any way to do a stress test.

Why not do it like this:

10AM to 7 PM PST, with repeat of BWE2 Finale Event at 1:15 PM PST on European Servers and at 6:15 on US servers?

Or, have two stress tests, a day apart, one timed for Euriopena Prime Time and one timed for US prime Time and both regions having access to both events?

The time window suits their needs to do a stress test, Im sure they dont need us to tell them how we individuals think their stress test should be managed.  its not really about US v Europe , if they are doing 1 then they had to pick one - in all likely hood they may do another in the future as well.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

I don't get this at all.

Why not do it like this:

The time window suits their needs to do a stress test, Im sure they dont need us to tell them how we individuals think their stress test should be managed.  its not really about US v Europe , if they are doing 1 then they had to pick one - in all likely hood they may do another in the future as well.

All the stress tests previous have been timed to EU, so it's not an alternating thing. This one has the narrowest window yet, which ends up precluding a large portion of the playerbase with BWE access. How is it a stress test if only a small portion of testers are able to participate?

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

Considering they really want to test the event, and many EU players missed out on the event the first time as it was at silly o'clock, seems fair enough to me.

Edit: They've also mentioned a few times they have a bigger fan base in Europe, seems ideal to me as the goal is to stress the servers.

It will be the same build as last BWE, they will also repeat the final event.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

I don't get this at all.

Why not do it like this:

All the stress tests previous have been timed to EU, so it's not an alternating thing. This one has the narrowest window yet, which ends up precluding a large portion of the playerbase with BWE access. How is it a stress test if only a small portion of testers are able to participate?

Stress tests can be conducted using automated tools as well - they record the sample and scale it up.  Not saying this is happening, but there are different ways stress testing can be handled.  Fact is the stress test has been designed by Anet to test particular scenarios that they have selected for this particular session.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

noon to 4pm eastern? I guess no one in NA who works will get a chance to get back in for a bit. :(

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by Valkaern

Considering they really want to test the event, and many EU players missed out on the event the first time as it was at silly o'clock, seems fair enough to me.

Ya act like it was only bad for EU players. On the east coast of the U.S. it was at 3AM on a Sunday. Most would be in bed for school/work the following day.

Right, wasn't very ideal for anyone.

Anyway, obviously it works better for ArenaNet to have the test at that time (as mentioned, they've already said they have a larger fan base in EU and it is specifically a stress test), so people claiming it's a stupid time to have it (as it's not ideal for them personally) just sounds petulant and not very well thought out.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Mors-Subita

noon to 4pm eastern? I guess no one in NA who works will get a chance to get back in for a bit. :(

1PM to 5PM. Sneak out of work a couple hours early, I missed that event last BWE, not missing this one! WOOT!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

On my free week? Why thanks, Anet, I'll be glad to join =)

• ciomi76ciomi76 Member UncommonPosts: 6

no tks