Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Stress Test on June 27th

Comments

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290

Time is excellent. 7 pm till 11 and a chance to play the finale. 

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Again another stress test for the game at times that are bad for stress testing.

because the rest of the world doesnt exist.

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Again another stress test for the game at times that are bad for stress testing.

Yeah sure, because we all know that at ArenaNet, they does not know what they are doing.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Shana77

Stress tests don't have a beta event "finale", so don't wait for it.

But yes, the event finales are... not doable for EU people. Given the first BWE's event was... a bunny, I skipped the second one expecting the same thing at 7 AM in the morning.

These 'stress tests' on the other hand and significantly more EU friendly. Although I think i'll be skipping this one unless they add some patches, I'm getting to the point where I've 'seen enough" and just want a release date. Ofcourse, "seen enough" with an assumption the parts we haven't seen yet are equally polished.

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by raapnaap

Guess you missed the tweet that said they were doing the BWE2 finale again during the stress test? I missed it the first time....not this times as I want to be "assimilated"! image

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Why is there just 2 Sylvari on the picture?

Does that mean anything or is it just a random piece of art?

Come on, give us the Sylvari now. :D

• AdokaumAdokaum Member UncommonPosts: 84

I'm guessing they chose these times to stress test european servers at around peak time in particular. Since EU were the ones having the most server stability issues during BWE1 at least. Also maybe to see the average load  on a weekday?!

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by VagabondLife

Guess you missed the tweet that said they were doing the BWE2 finale again during the stress test? I missed it the first time....not this times as I want to be "assimilated"! image

Oh, yes I missed it, since I don't use 'twitter'.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Well, it may be in the middle of the day for the USA but its prime time for us in the UK/Europe so maybe they are specifically testing the EU servers since thats where most of the stability problems have been in the past....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

You see, if you manage a dev/qa/ops team in north american and need peak time testing, you target the EU. Its that simple. And 4 hours is more than enough.

I just want to hear finally from GW2 bout a release date please. Everything else is minor.

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519

Four hours of bliss.

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

WOOT!

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Im still sleeping during those hours -.-

RIP Orc Choppa

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230

work from 6-2 EDT so ill get maybe 2.5 hrs in :)

• bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56

So I take it we won't be seeing the next BWE until July 6? I guess i can wait just two more weeks

• HoldMeHoldMe Member Posts: 99

Somehow I think the times they choose for these quick stress tests have less to do with "targeting the EU" and more to do with them simply not wanting to be stuck at work all damn night.

The thing people who don't  make a living in this line of work understand is that you don't NEED 20,000 people online hammering a full resource driven, 100% capacity server in order to do proper stressing.  In the cooperate world when we need to stress out an application server we do it at 2AM...sure as hell not in the middle of the work day.

We can easily simulate full loads with very few employees by simply readjusting resources and bringing down available infrastructure.  As far as a server goes I can turn 500 employees into a simulated 10,000 at any time and do all the accurate stress testing I need to without compromising the work day.  This is how server forecasters do their jobs in the the  real world and this is how they are doing it at Arena Net.

Far as a 4 hour test goes...meh.  I may remote into my desktop and log a character in to help them out but I'm pretty much over the interest in actually playing anymore.  I already know the game rocks and I'll be happily playing it.  The other issue is the only thing I really care about is World vs World and until release thats essentially broken after all the new empty servers were added.  Last BWE our server held every single capture on the map since we were put up against 2 new servers with no active players coming out to PvP.  I'll be good just grinding some tanks in WoT till this awesome piece of work releases.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

drat! I'm outta town that day.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I....am not busy I'm just not going to bother for 4 hours. For now...that could change when the day comes...maybe...>_>

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• trahetrahe Member UncommonPosts: 41

Like someone else said, that day is going to be my busiest day at work.  Like several people said, all I really want to hear about is a release date.  

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

I....am not busy I'm just not going to bother for 4 hours. For now...that could change when the day comes...maybe...>_>

You'll play it and you know it ;-)

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by arctarus
    Im still sleeping during those hours -.-

As am I which sucks.   

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Stress test while peeps at work, Genious lulz

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Loke666

Why is there just 2 Sylvari on the picture?

Does that mean anything or is it just a random piece of art?

Come on, give us the Sylvari now. :D

It means nothing, other than they old sylvari wallpaper is getting used by the MMORPG staff in this thread.  The stress test build is the same build as the BWE2 build.

I am all for them releasing the sylvari to the public, but I wouldn't mind too much if they kept them under wraps until release or a bit before release...So long as the quality is unaffected...

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Stress test while peeps at work, Genious lulz

It's peak hours in EU where there's a huge playerbase and office hours for the Anet team so it makes perfect sense. Results can also be applied to US servers. Anet is one of the few studios that actually recognizes this and doesn't schedule everything around NA times nor rules us out of contests / giveaways that most other companies do.  So now you know how we often feel :P Want to play it? then take a day off like I had to do a gaziliion times since I play mmo's just to be able to participate in events and such.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313
    Oh, yes I missed it, since I don't use 'twitter'.

Neither do I but I do use that Google Reader which can be configured to watch twitter feeds, amongst other things.

This one's at a good time of the day for me, looking forward to a few hours of mayhem.