Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could this game be...

rikarus92rikarus92 Member Posts: 15

...A spiritual sequel to "Fury"? I miss that game slightly more than I miss Randy Savage (Which was a lot!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fury_(computer_game)

Seems semi-similar. Either way I'll be looking forward to it.

Fury was a PVP-only, grindless battlegrounds style game. I purchased it on release, it went free-to-play almost immediately and was cancelled shortly afterwards, for those who don't recall it. The combat worked with a targeting system similar to WoW, but rather than having a limited "power pool", like mana or rage, you had weaker attacks that built elemental charges, and stronger attacks that consumed them. Sometimes you would fill up your bar with weak attacks on a low-health enemy to prepare for a later fight, or you might blow your charges on them for a definite kill. Healers worked in much the same way. There were 8 pseudo-classes, which were comprised of two starter builds for each of the four elements. These classes could be developed in any way you wanted after that. It was cancelled due to bad reviews, bugs/glitches, and the difficulty involved in monetizing the game as free-to-play without imbalancing it.

Anyways, enough backstory. If this game is a bugless version of fury, I'll be a very happy camper. If anyone has any news about a release date, please inform me of it.

EDIT: Upon investigating the site, it looks fairly different. It might give me the PVP fix I need though. Looking forward to it immensely.

Comments

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269

I had this idea for a while, I want to be a ranger! :D

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

they plan on having an open world  tho , the game ihas some really amazing art and talent behind it

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269

We really should play this!

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• zaltarzaltar Member UncommonPosts: 125

Lol , Fury my all time favorite game . I just posted on Forge regarding the similarities. Take a peek at my avatar .

I defended Fury on these forums for weeks before they  went under , finally could there be hope that the market is ready for another pvp centric game like Fury .  Everyone attacked the game here because it had no environment to grind and they could not keep up with the fast pace of the arena combat as well .

FYI , some of the devs working on Forge did play Fury and indicated that the core aspect of the game will be different  however , the idea of a pvp centric game with zero grind that appeals to the casual gamer is similar .

Also , some of those guys that played Fury in the early development stages but ended up hating Auron for not keeping the game the way it was intended to be developed are looking to play Forge . Since they ended up hating Fury in the end , they dont like any comparisons whatsoever to Forge , they get a little miffed if you mention Fury at all .

• baconopsbaconops Member Posts: 10

Gawd. I kept telling my friends about this game. I saw Forge and even explained its like fury then i find this.. Glad to see other people remember that dinosaur :)

I LOVED fury, probably one of the coolest concepts done wrong. I can't wait to see another company take a stab at it. Can't wait to try it.