Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: E3 2012 'Version 2.0' Interview with Naoki Yoshida

Comments

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by rdrakken

Umm the one change this game needed badly is still lacking...F2P/B2P.

This game was FREE for a complete year, where were you at? There will be a free trial for everyone come 2.0 release. No matter what any of us think, this is a very impressive feat these devs have done with this game completley over hauling everything. 2.0 will be anything but a flop, expect good things to come from this.

• Theft82Theft82 Member Posts: 16

Did anyone notice that screen shot of character creation was a male Miqot'e?

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by smokedogg311
    Originally posted by rdrakken

Umm the one change this game needed badly is still lacking...F2P/B2P.

This game was FREE for a complete year, where were you at? There will be a free trial for everyone come 2.0 release. No matter what any of us think, this is a very impressive feat these devs have done with this game completley over hauling everything. 2.0 will be anything but a flop, expect good things to come from this.

Free for those who bought it and was a subscriber during its poodoo days and actually stuck around during it...as for 2.0 being a hit. Dont hold your breath, it drove away most of the FFO fans already and if they dont allow some free time they are going to have a hard time getting the people who were already screwed to come back.

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

No matter what, I think these guys should be congratulated. Most devs would have given up and cut it after a few months. I'm glad they have perservered and continued to work.

I hope that they have success, I hope people give them another chance and they like them enough to sub long-term. I think what we need more of in the genre are devs that are dedicated to their games as much as they expect us to be

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

It's a preview of something no one has gotten to play yet. Author only said it piqued his interest. It ends there, stop looking for dumb shit to bitch about. This has made me interested too, even though I hate FF14 in its current incarnation and didn't even play through the beta because it was so terrible. I'm still looking for a sub game to throw money at, I don't know if this will be the one, but I'll keep an open mind.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Can we have an auction house in 2.0?  Srsly? 

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Good read, hope they have good luck with relaunching.

• Shotz231Shotz231 Member Posts: 3

Cant wait for the trailer!!!! ^^

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

woah , the screenshots looks impresive , however im worried about how lvling is going to be handled :S , a real LFP system <please can i have it?>

the new ui is cool , but the skill icons are a bit meh all look really the same :S , yeah is a dragoon ....and the icons are a man with a pole but come on...

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by Shotz231

Cant wait for the trailer!!!! ^^

The last thing i want to see is another CGI trailer that showcases mechanics not available or possible in game.

- I want to see real gameplay. 

- I want to see UI navigation with the mouse. 

- I want to see combat.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Am I the only one who is somewhat worried by some of the details I just read?

It seems as if they still don't understand the problem w/ Leves, and why so many people disliked that system. The summons addition is really cool, but locking it from a server until used in combat just screams 'griefers exploit me pls!'. I would hate to see a server where some dick goes searching for the summons just so he can horde them. Unlikely that he'd get them all, but this is still worrysome. Especially if they are hard enough that you need to be fairly high lvl to capture them.

Also, no mention of fairly standard mechanics (like the auction house) anywhere. Just 'oh ya, and it's prettier!' which was never the game's problem to begin with. The game was gorgeous even at launch.

Just about the only thing that I genuinely liked (aside from the superfluous visual upgrade) was the combat overhaul. I really liked the Renkai system from the first, and to hear that they are looking to expand upon the current system in a similar matter is definitely a good thing imho.

• AstrinaAstrina Member UncommonPosts: 46

All I can say is...thank goodness. I am a PC player and when I played, the interface was beyond horrible.  I was so sad to walk away from the game, but it was just not worth playing. I will most certainly re-look at the game when it comes out.  I am happy to hear about the crafting changes as well as so many other issues being cleared up.  

There was a couple other issues that were frustrating. Town...It was annoying to have to run so far and on so many levels just to get where you were going in town. Elevators were nifty, but annoying to use (too slow). Plus, the merchanting process was terrible. It needs to be where it will be noticed, not hidden away in some dank cellar. 

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by aesperus

Am I the only one who is somewhat worried by some of the details I just read?

It seems as if they still don't understand the problem w/ Leves, and why so many people disliked that system. The summons addition is really cool, but locking it from a server until used in combat just screams 'griefers exploit me pls!'. I would hate to see a server where some dick goes searching for the summons just so he can horde them. Unlikely that he'd get them all, but this is still worrysome. Especially if they are hard enough that you need to be fairly high lvl to capture them.

Also, no mention of fairly standard mechanics (like the auction house) anywhere. Just 'oh ya, and it's prettier!' which was never the game's problem to begin with. The game was gorgeous even at launch.

Just about the only thing that I genuinely liked (aside from the superfluous visual upgrade) was the combat overhaul. I really liked the Renkai system from the first, and to hear that they are looking to expand upon the current system in a similar matter is definitely a good thing imho.

Umm.. this isn't an announcement on what is going to be in the game at the launch of 2.0.  That was already done 6 months + ago.  To answer your question yes there will be an auction house.  If not at 2.0 very soon after.  As far as the summons I've heard rumors of the difficulty going up every time a mob is captured but then again I'd recommend waiting on the announcements later this summer as it is a rumor. 

As far as Leve's what exactly are you talking about as far as your issues with them?  I can say yeah a few had issues being gated as far as leveling(including myself) but as of now it's kind of a non issue considering you get so many.  If your talking about the repetitivity of the quests I agree and he said something about how they're branching out.(as in putting more traditional quests in).  If your talking about something else well I can only guess what you were getting at.

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Originally posted by Obidom
    I subbed to the game at launch and played on and off until they started charges again, I could not find enough to keep me attached to the game.

One of the glaring issues I had was the , for lack of a better phrase, 'Lack of Community'. Finding linkshells to join is nigh on impossible, there is no ingame recruitment ongoing. This needs to be addressed IMHO to allow people to make friends ingame and play together.

I resubbed after the 10 days 'welcome back' purely to get my Legacy, however I now need to pay to 90 days before then end of this month since they are removing it on 30th June 

This was one of my biggest issues with the game. The ability to get into a linkshell. Without it you are left on your own. There was no other sense of community in the game. This is a very group focused game and I don't mind that at all. However getting together without players when you knew no one, especially after people left and the remaining players spread out to the rest of the game's world meant for a very lonely experience. Especially when the economy is completely player driven.

I would like to play again once they finish the relaunch but if I'm going to be alone all the changes in the world will mean nothing. Pick up groups are how I can tackle group content.It's always been that way in MMOs for me, even when I was apart of a guild. My schedule didn't allow for anything else and when on the rare occasions it did I still couldn't do it because guildmates were always a much higher level because they started player way before I did or were husband/wife teams and had no problem leveling because the guilds I liked/fit in most with were family/casual based guilds.

How this is handled will be one of the key things I'll be looking for as 2.0 comes around.

• crimzonxskyzcrimzonxskyz Member Posts: 28

god im glad this game is NOT a f2p whored out game... cheap ass fools want everything so fucking free and easy now... get a fuckin job and contribute to the time and effort spent into this beautiful game via the development team in there efforts to re vamp the game...

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by merv808

No matter what, I think these guys should be congratulated. Most devs would have given up and cut it after a few months. I'm glad they have perservered and continued to work.

I hope that they have success, I hope people give them another chance and they like them enough to sub long-term. I think what we need more of in the genre are devs that are dedicated to their games as much as they expect us to be

^ this. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• CydeCyde Member Posts: 41

While I am psyched, I can't but feel incredibly sad knowing that, as of right now, Naoshi Mizuta won't have any part in composition of FFXIV 2.0's sountrack. I can appreciate Nobuo Uematsu's musical talent, but his ability to capture the feeling and emotion of the environments in Final Fantasy don't even come close; granted Ronfaure's theme song was amazing. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Ravenia77

Ul'dah is the main hub of ffxiv, shout there for an LS you should have issues. 

also gilgamesh42 writes:

man i love final fantasy i wish this game was f2p

f2p mmo tbh suck... i played 20 of them in 3 years. you either pay more... or the content is crappy (if u can do the content) or the maintaince is crappy. or the service is crappy. 

on mabinogi i spent over $60 just for basic stuff... extra storage a shop the "account with the 3 revives u get" 2 pets one being a mount. and the ability to make an elf. i'm better off paying a flat 12.95 a mnth for 100x more stuff....

I agree with all those issues about f2p,i never want to see it in any game.SOE was the developer who started this greed and again they are the ones that have been pushing for it.

A major concern of mine is the LEVES.

I did not like them adding dailies to FFXI ,it ruined it and having Leves is no better.

Is this bascially the primary source for leveling in FFXIV?

I like the comradery of grouping and setting up camps,i do not like linear /repeating dailies/Leves.Last  i heard they were revamping them to make them even more viable for leveling,not teh direction i wanted to hear.

Also last i heard crafting was a AH must,you could not craft on yor uown resources,you had to buy from others,is this still the case?

Is the Auction house functional like a FFXI [which never needed fixing] or is it bascially a MARKET npc system?

Has Fishing been revamped or still several menu clicks to make it slow and boring?I thought the FFXI was good enough,just needed some actual fish animations and i was happy.

Is grouping done with combo attacks like FFXI [Renkai] or is it basically a group of soloers?

I had Soooo many more issues with the game design ,but these few if fixed is probably good enough  for me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Cyde

While I am psyched, I can't but feel incredibly sad knowing that, as of right now, Naoshi Mizuta won't have any part in composition of FFXIV 2.0's sountrack. I can appreciate Nobuo Uematsu's musical talent, but his ability to capture the feeling and emotion of the environments in Final Fantasy don't even come close; granted Ronfaure's theme song was amazing. 

Naoshi Mizuta is composing XIV 2.0 (and the current version)...  along with Masayoshi Soken, Ryo Yamazaki and Tsuyoshi Sekito.

People who are honestly worrying about no mention of an Auction House are seriously going to have their minds blown by 2.0 >_>;

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Alders

The last thing i want to see is another CGI trailer that showcases mechanics not available or possible in game.

- I want to see real gameplay. 

- I want to see UI navigation with the mouse. 

- I want to see combat.

And when we get both... the horror.

Because marketing the game (an FF game of all things) through hyping the story is unacceptable.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • Griffs1999Griffs1999 Member UncommonPosts: 9

I am so excited for the relaunch! I was a FFXI player for almost 7 years, I really loved that game. When I bought FFXIV I kinda expected a higher quality version of FFXI.  I was very dissapointed.  It was nothing like like FFXI, hell it was not like any MMO out there. Combat was horrible, didn't care much for the crafting system, nor lvlinig. I'm liking what I've read here today, and it really seems they are trying their hardest to  turn this game into something most of us wanted in the first place.

• frakthisfrakthis Member CommonPosts: 4

I've been playing from day one(Collectors release), and was disappointed in many ways because I did feel like it was just FFXI with nicer graphics. The combat wasn’t that exciting, and the game seemed to revolve around crafting. For me I dislike any types of crafting that isn’t a click a go, so for me the new crafting mechanics will be nice. I have been playing on and off though, and not much has improved. Sure, having the traditional jobs are nice, but nothing else really stands out. I have high hopes for 2.0. Not only for the sake of wanting a good game, but for SE to bounce back from this hickup in the MMO genre.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

"Another iconic aspect of Final Fantasy games, Summons, or Primals as they are called in Final Fantasy XIV, will provide new content for players in version 2.0. Primals, such as Ifrit and Shiva, will appear throughout the game world and can be fought by groups of players and then captured. Upon capture, the Primal will be unavailable on that particular server until it is used in combat. Once called to battle, the Primal will be released from the player’s control and will reappear elsewhere in the world so it may be captured again."

Sounds cool but it will end up being camped 24h by big guilds and 90% of community will never see a summor unles they youtube it.

besides that everything else sounds cool.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I was so burned from the the release of this game, it's going to take allot for me to come back to it.  It had allot of promises that weren't delivered.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

I'm really looking forward to 2.0

Can't wait to see how they improved it. I hope I can run it full graphics on my rig, because from what I can tell already, it's going to be very pretty.