Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll - Will you pre-order?

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

Not going to preorder but will buy it. I've enjoyed what I've tried so far.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181

I wont be pre-ordering or buying the game. It has a few novelties but at the end of the day it is just another themepark. While the setting is a bit different, I am not sure exactly where they are going with it.  I know I was surprised that they started the game with a zombie invasion of New England. The combat is a very clunky version of every other system you have seen before. Tab, mash button, tab again.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

No way.  I have zero faith in funcom.  I'll wait for it to go F2P.

• tarestares Member Posts: 381

No, it saddens me that TSW could have blown away anything before it but something prevented it from being fully developed, or even close to it. Hope another developer comes along and nails the modern setting and gets the time to develop.  Ragnar the lead developer replies to questions, which is very cool. But he always answers with, "we wish we could do this" or "we agre and will try to get it in before or after launch". I feel bad for him when I read his responses to threads blasting aspects of the game as I'm sure he was forced to release it early.  I do like his writing style, is impressive a Norway guy would know so much about american and english phrases and other details, maybe from TV/movies.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Originally posted by Stimos8

The day i pre-order, this game, will be the day i sleep with a black chick.

Stay classy

• stygiantstygiant Member Posts: 12

Between my beta experience (the largest factor), the fact that I don't trust FunCom (due to my experience with AoC), the full box price coupled with both a sub and cash shop (which, due to not trusting FunCom, I see as becoming P2W, which I greatly dislike) - I won't be preordering.

If the game turns out well, maybe I'll give it another go when the price of the box drops and the cash shop has proved not to be P2W.

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180
    I'm waiting on the pvp.i know it won't be a huge part of TSW, but if it's fun then it's ok.the pve is good,havent had allot of time to craft but it seemed simple enough.i like more depth in crafting,maybe itll have some later. So far for the most part it seems like a single player rpg.I'm sure there will be more group content later.i love the atmosphere, woulda made a sweet pvp focus three faction mmo!
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

You'd think that gamers would eventually wise up and stop doing that.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

I didnt have to pre-order, thanks to a kinna funny fluke I ended up geting it for free (from them!) but I would have bought it anyway.

My experiance isnt the same as many then again Im in the closed beta, I ran in plenty of issues but the majority where minor inconveniances, a patch broke a few quests, the black house one.. Ill have to go back there and try again but when it worked it worked great. The broken follow the raven quest actually became easier, since instead of dashing off rapidly then now take off and hover in the air a few seconds facing the right direction.

I think the speed-walk animation isnt bad, just think speed-walking is silly in a mmo (and in RL actually..) , the sprint animation is ok, though to me it looks more like a fatman jogging.

I have some gripes about the UI but the overall controlls arent even that much different like games such as WoW.

The combat animations, I dont think they are horible at all, they arent the best I agree, they definately could be more flued, but the main gripe people seem to have is more that its not Michael bay FX like spectaculair, which is fine by me. I really dont need a 9mm pistol to sound like a howister cannon and the impacts of 9mm bullets really dont have to seem like the 5th of juli on crack.

I have z.e.r.o. problems with the subscritpion plan, I do have mixed feeling about item stores but then again.. they are unfortunately the standard nowadays, I dont mind the optional fluff.

I only know 1 thing, Im having there and I DO hope the game ends up with a decent sized population, lets face it, noone likes to play in a ghost town. So at the very least Ill have a couple of weeks/months or maybe years of entertainment out of it before I may move to the next.

• Seeker728Seeker728 Member UncommonPosts: 179

The last time Fcom got a dime out of me was AoC.  They burned whatever bridge they could hope to have with me with the way they handled that game, and I don't expect them to be any different than they have been in the past.  Mores the pity really.

Even peace may be purchased at too high a price, and the only time you are completely safe is when you lie in the grave.

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326

I'm on the fence myself. It seems for everything I like there is an equal amount I dislike.

The combat isn't bad, but it isn't good either. I rather enjoy character building, but limited character customization at creation causes each character to look too similar. The investigation quests are a fun new addition, but the older "normal" quests can just become headache inducing if you find people on the same step you are who don't group. There's plenty more, but for brevity's sake: What may tip me over to no is EA's name on the box and the cash shop. But, we'll wait and see if they can win me over before launch.

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223

After playing the beta, no I won't be preordering this game, or even buying this game. Whenever I want to have anything to do with a clunker I'll put square wheels on my car.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180
    EA is only handling distribution.nothing more or less.
  • MoonBeansMoonBeans Member Posts: 173

No.   i stay away from EA after the swtor fiasco .   the Cash shop with monthly fee system =rip off

this game has an interesting history.  but the character models are hideous and in dire need of improvement polish.    animations and combat can use still alot of work.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Dominionlord
    EA is only handling distribution.nothing more or less.

I don't know about that. The very first video you see when you load the game is an EA logo. You don't put a company that just handles distribution as the very first logo video in your game.

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

I'll pass for now. I played the game a total of 12-14 hours over the course of two betas and I honestly did not see anything that grabbed me to the point of wanting to pay $50 for it on top of the sub fee.

I'll check it out later once the box fee is either eliminated or it goes f2p (I figure this will take 6 months or less). I've got plenty of other games to keep me occupied until then.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

voted no for the following reasons:

Animations are just plain horrid......animations look like the game is already 10 years old ffs.

Having a monthly sub + ingame store is a 100% no go for me. (i think alot of people dont realize that if this sub+ingame store is even a moderate success that soon all games will be like this........think about it).

• kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93

I would have, but since that month in pretty packed in my schedule, i will wait around 1month or so before purchasing the game. (this is really not a bad thing because it will give me the chance to see how the game's lunch will turn out)

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
    KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Nope. I refuse to ever pay full box price + sub fee ever again. I'll pay one or the other, but not both.

Maybe when the game is $20 after a few months I'll check it out and see if things have improved from where CB is now. Barring that, I'll probably just ignore it and be on my merry.

I agree with Red can't say it better myself. The game is about 2 weeks from launch and still has a massive amount of fatal bugs and such, Not to mention it gets boring fairly quickly, I also worry about the games lifespan, considering there is bascally 0 replay value in the game. The puzzle quests were a nice touch, most of them can be solved if you pay attention, friend of mine has done tons of them and has never looked one up on a search, like when you first go into kingsmouth, those bees that are buzzing are a key part of a solution to one of those puzzle quests. The quest will mention buzzing sounds etc.

Overall though I am gonna take a wait and see approach, I am in the closed beta and I honestly find the game quite boring, but thats because I am sick to death of themeparks because they all feel like the exact same shit in a diffrent wrapper in every single game. Though I have to admit at least funcom put in some effort to try to make it a bit unique which is more than I can say for Tera, swtor, rift, and the upcoming gw2. As my sig says the only mmo I am intersted atm in is pso2, I am probally going to play the japanese version even though I can't read it, was told once you learn the item names your fine, and its not hard to remember what katakana=what item like a monomate etc, just a bit of trial and error.

Ahh I remember the anarchy online launch,m I got AO about a week after release and it still was bug ridden to hell, lets just say that I started to have fun with all the falling thru the world bugs, I'd actually try to jump around and see where i can make my char fall thru the world, it was actually kinda fun for a while. TSW's launch is gonna be iffy, its less than 2 weeks away from release or so, and I really don't feel the game is ready for release, its going to be AO all over again.

I usually stay away from a mmo if it bores me after an hour or 2 in, most themeparks are like this to me now because as I said earlier in this post every single themepark feels the exact same, just a new skin. Then again tbh gaming in general is going down the shit tubes, only saving grace is the indie devs who actually bring out some unique titles. All the normal devs with big budgets just keep repuking the exact same game over and over and over, with very minor improvements etc. (FPS games especally I am looking at you).

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

dont plan to, game play its acceptable, but it needs a hell of alot of work and polish. the questing are ok.. a few farming quests but thats pretty common.. the controls piss me off the most about the game. and their built in browser is a fking joke.. its like netscape 1.0.. half the time the back button doesnt work. and it just doesnot function like a current day browser should.

box price and sub do not seem worth it to me. given its current state. 

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Panthien

I think the speed-walk animation isnt bad, just think speed-walking is silly in a mmo (and in RL actually..) , the sprint animation is ok, though to me it looks more like a fatman jogging.

Ugh, the speed walking. Characters in this game need a visit from Mr. T!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvpKouRTCx0

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

I be waiting for the last beta weekend first then decide. I'm hoping for some more polish and some feedback on content additions and what might still be added or promised for post-release.

You stay sassy!

• kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Ichmen

dont plan to, game play its acceptable, but it needs a hell of alot of work and polish. the questing are ok.. a few farming quests but thats pretty common.. the controls piss me off the most about the game. and their built in browser is a fking joke.. its like netscape 1.0.. half the time the back button doesnt work. and it just doesnot function like a current day browser should.

box price and sub do not seem worth it to me. given its current state. 

wait wait, hold on a second?

0: Farming quests? you mean going around killing this many of that right? (i look upon farming/grinding quests like those in PWI: please go kill 64 of those, and when you come back go kill another 30(just to be sure they are extinct))

1: The controls piss you off? how are they any different from any other mmorpg(you look around with your mouse, you move around on wasd and use skills on your numeric keys)

2: The ingame browser has one fuction and one function only: Research. Your not suppose to use it for facebook or youtube, but to plane and simple google stuff to help you solve your research missions.

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
    KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

Will you pre-order?

No,play beta and feel like a f2p game ,wont pay sub for a game  of that content ...not worth