Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll - Will you pre-order?

crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
Title says it all - based on your beta experience so far do you plan on pre-ordering the game?

Comments

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Nope. I refuse to ever pay full box price + sub fee ever again. I'll pay one or the other, but not both.

Maybe when the game is $20 after a few months I'll check it out and see if things have improved from where CB is now. Barring that, I'll probably just ignore it and be on my merry.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I agree with Red above.  The game just didnt grab me enough to make me want to pay $60 plus $15 a month.  I'll wait for it to be $30 or less and then pick it up for a month or two to follow the story. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• sardaukar101sardaukar101 Member UncommonPosts: 26

Definitely. I been having happy results with the game. I already pre-purchased though. Now, the worst part is finding a group of people to play with.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Hell no !

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

Nope. Tried the game out during the beta events, gave it a fair whirl, but... just not my cup of tea. I did want to be impressed (and I'll admit I was quite impressed by the ambience), but it just didn't cut it for me.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

No, but will continue to follow it and hope it evolves in the right direction. I think the game is still in need of a lot of polish, but given Funcom's history, it will eventually get there. It just needs more time than it currently has. I'll probably check in and pick it up 6 months to a year down the road.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I'm leaning toward "Yes", but still up in the air.  I'd like to see more content during beta weekends, more polish on the combat system, and a few of the glitchy recurring bugs fixed.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Huh results are better for TSW than I would of thought on this site.

Yes I have already.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

No, it's EA, it's a standard themepark, has no replayiablity, and it has a cash shop.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185

Waiting on PvP.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I have to be honest, after playing GW2, TSW box price with a subscription fee and a cash shop just sounds like a rip off. If ArenaNet can pull off a AAA MMO experience without charging a monthly fee, the rest of these bozos are ripping people off.And then a cash shop on top of that too? Ridiculous.

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91

I have enjoyed my time in beta however I will not be pre-ordering.  I want to wait to see how launch goes and the quality of the game and community after a couple of months before I purchase.  I also don't want to pay the full box price knowing I will have to sub after a month.  If I can find the game for $25-30 2-3 months after release and the game isn't a mess at that point I will definitely jump at the opportunity.  TSW is the first game in a while that I have enjoyed questing in and I really enjoy the setting but the gameplay is just a little too shallow to justify a pre-order.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Im going to have to say no.

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146

I am going to wait till it's been out for 3 to 6 months then check it out via free trial  or a buddy invite deal. I am gaming less and less these days  so waiting a while doesn't bother me in the least. I just dont game very much in the summertime , way too much fun to be had outside right now!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I think GW2 is my game until/IF archeage comes out in NA.  Passing on TSW.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

No.

Preordered 1 game in my life and it bit me in the ass, never again.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Just not worth the box price in its current state.  The combat was extremely clunky and the character animations were horrendous.  My avatar looked like she was taking a dump everytime I moved.  Add to that the limited character customization and you get a very unpolished game.  It's a pass for me.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I'm just curious who these people are who pre order mmorpg's now days. With all the info out there and how bad these can fail, it is not worth pre ordering anything. Why not be smart consumers and wait the first couple weeks or so and see how it fairs.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by bezado

I'm just curious who these people are who pre order mmorpg's now days. With all the info out there and how bad these can fail, it is not worth pre ordering anything. Why not be smart consumers and wait the first couple weeks or so and see how it fairs.

I believe the "x amount of days head start" is the main draw.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

No

Much as I do enjoy the game it is far too buggy and issue ridden in the first two zones alone:

-Tango quests

First one is hopeless unless you grab quest at the same time or someone else around completes it

Tango is never around for the other one. Unless you're extremely fortunate in his fucked up respawn

-Black house

The ashes also have a ridiculous long respawn. To the point it makes it verge on uncompleteable

-Jack's Back

Is he? Because I did what the quest asked and nothing. Upon several tries.

Not to mention other issues with selling, chat, etc.

Great potential but not someting close to release.

Never even made it far into the second zone, God knows how bugged the rest of the game is

If we were talking six months out wouldn't even be concerned. But a couple weeks? You fucking kidding? Game isn't ready

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

All ready pre-ordered after the first BWE.  I love the atmosphere and questing system alot but what really blows me away is the skill deck system and the complex nature of building a suitable deck with so many pieces of the puzzle at your finger tips.  The Combat, although typical tab-targetting at its core has come along way between builds.  Sword and Pistol are both excellent in their animations now.  I am torn between a Hammer/Elementalist deck and a Pistol/Chaos (plays very much like Christian Bales character from Equilibrium) or Pistol/Shotgun deck right now.  I adore the Gun-Tata style combat they implemented with Pistols in this latest build. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2KJHysK6k8

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

I will pre-order as i would buy it anyway. My reasons:

- it's the first MMO in a LONG time which does not push me to the so-called "end-game content", i actually enjoy the questing and the atmosphere

- it's a different setting, bored to the teeth with "classical" fantasy and spaceships

- it will surely attract a different crowd, does not seem to cater for the "modern MMO" gamer

- the dev team looks solid, at least i know that in terms of content quality it has all the reasons to be good. I loved The Loungest Journey and Anarchy Online, it reminds me of both

- it's not "worth" the wait for me, it will not tell me much. It's not a game where you can just "trust" the user reviews, especially those written by the ones expecting WoW at endgame

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

if i pre-order (or even buy it after launch) it will be for the first free month. So no, i wont. I only played the beta on friday and a short time on saturday morning. I like the game, but dislike the business model very much (and combat is horrent). Patiently waiting for F2P like AoC did. Or even buy to play, and ill get it right away. Meanwhile, im having a blast with Dragons Dogma.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737

I will not be preordering and not interested in buying it later either.....IT seems more like a game you would want to take a wait and see where it will be in a couple months....I dont really see any point in preordering this one....I dont think there will be a huge rush at launch......It seems like alot more players are interested in GW2 than they are in TSW......Really gald I got to try this in beta as I might have been tempted had I not tried it.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    I thought the setting would draw me in alone as its something different than the norm of late but it just blew so bad in so many areas for me
    I couldn't stick around. Idk five years ago maybe but 2012? I'll keep it moving.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.