Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

where is a real mmorpg?

2»

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Wrender
    Originally posted by eGumball

UO, EvE etc. However, the only, new title, offering a kinda of a sandboxy experience is Guild Wars 2. Don´t get me wrong, the game is a theme-park however, you can really find many sandboxy aspects in this game, such as open world where you can do whatever you want and where you have the choice to head to the path you enjoy.

Otherwise, most MMORPGs are combat based.

Guild Wars 2 is prob the main reason the OP started this thread in the first place.....

Which would be ironic, since it has a lot of non-combat oriented features. It's just that most people overlook them, or write them off as 'not important enough'.

• greentree02greentree02 Member Posts: 7
    For me it's Diablo 3 :)
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

People who say there's RPG in the current MMOs haven't experienced T2A/Renaissaince era UO Europa shard.

• AzarithAzarith Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Maybe look into Age of Wushu, sure the translation is a work in progress and it has an odd learning curve, but there is a lot to do in the game.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Enowa

I pose this question for a couple of reasons. I know to grind levels most games you have to fight. Yet most games I have played the rp has gone away on mmo's hence then new title. What happen to all things non combat to do,and to become a professional in. Do games like these still exist? I do not pvp nor enjoy raiding. Should i just follow my gut instincts n just walk away from the hole genre?

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

There you go brother, roleplay to your hearts content  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• wes4mu089wes4mu089 Member Posts: 19
    Archeage, my friend. That is the answer to all our fading dreams.
  • umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by wes4mu089
    Archeage, my friend. That is the answer to all our fading dreams.

I haven't enjoyed a single game out of the East yet. They've always managed to screw it up by skimping on content by substituting in an absurd amount of "grind 10,000 enemies to progress" and basically making all crafting systems/pvp combat based on RNG and gear. 

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Vanguard. You can level adventuring, crafting and diplomacy.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    For me the moment there an instance its no longer a MMORPG.
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Originally posted by Enowa

I pose this question for a couple of reasons. I know to grind levels most games you have to fight. Yet most games I have played the rp has gone away on mmo's hence then new title. What happen to all things non combat to do,and to become a professional in. Do games like these still exist? I do not pvp nor enjoy raiding. Should i just follow my gut instincts n just walk away from the hole genre?

You should not walk away from the genre.  You should not expect to see what you're looking for in a top-tier game title.

MUDs have much of what you're looking for, but of course, we're talking about tens or maybe hundreds of people online at once, rather than thousands.  However, you'll get a rich RP experience.  There are also several graphical multiplayer online role-playing games that will provide the kind of gameplay that you want, with low production values to be sure.

What you're describing is very niche, and no company is going to sink a lot of time and money into high production values for that type of game.  Like I said, there are some good MUDs and graphical games like RPG MO and such.