Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Almost official SWTOR F2P

2»

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Istavaan

It doesn't matter if the game is free 2 play, the game is complete thrash why would people spend even more money on swtor when it goes f2p as opposed to just 15 dollars a month. it will be shut down within 5 years. if you think otherwise then you're just fooling yourself.

people who play a game tend to think  about spending money now and then (minor amounts, but money)

people who do not play a game, dont spend money on it.

it would all depend on what they are selling in their cash shop, surely people will buy cosmetics or whatnot now and then for an euro or two. those hats in TF went quite good imo *G*

and, what was your business economics degree again? you sound like you know more than we do... or at least you wanna make yourself sound like it *G*

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Eletheryl
    Originally posted by BadSpock

The move would be suprising, considering UO and DAOC and WAR are all still on subscriptions... UO!

EA would have to go full F2P for this to make sense, all of their owned/managed MMOs.

Warhammer and still P2P. swtor wont be f2p anythime soon.

They didn't have anything put in place to make it f2p, and I'm sure EA would even say it simply isn't worth the cost to make the transition for that game. Fairly obvious they had designs in motion for SWTOR considering the cash shop they will be introducing. Only thing is I would imagine they're having to introoduce these concepts a lot earlier than they anticipated or probably hoped.

Warhammer will be shut down before it goes f2p. Not gonna be the same for SWTOR.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

I woudn't play this game even if it went F2P. It still wouldn't make up for the mediocre gameplay.

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990
    Originally posted by Caskio

The fastest an MMO went from sub to f2p was 9 months with DCUO.  I doubt SWTOR will ever beat that record cosndering SWTOR has been out for over 6 months already.

Something does not compute.

Today is June 15, 2012. SWTOR release was December 20, 2011 ... over 6 months? :)

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
This discussion has been closed.