Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dynamic Event Team

ThradokThradok Member Posts: 57

Another video is up, about the planned Dynamic Event Team. Very cool concept, especially if they can get the numbers for it.

Comments

• RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175
    Originally posted by Thradok

Another video is up, about the planned Dynamic Event Team. Very cool concept, especially if they can get the numbers for it.

I just loved the meteor event :) I hope it will be in!

• DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68

It will be in if the Event Team decides to make it. As I've understood it, events like that aren't "in the game" per se, but is added on the fly as a one time event when they are done writing it and starts implementing it trough real time interaction. If the team see, let's say, a group of 4 players in the forest, they might decide to spawn something special on them, a quest, mobs, or both - things not previously seen in the game by other players.

Somewhat like Dungeon Masters in D&D (pen and paper version) and how they make quests and dungeons for their players for the next gaming night :)

• KhaiyneKhaiyne Member Posts: 8

It's definately meant to feel like DMs from the D&D days. Our leader writer Mark Hope has worked on some very cool compaigns in that regard.

• TheAcaro123TheAcaro123 Member Posts: 3

This is one of the features I´m most looking forward to and I don´t understand why there´s nothing comparable in other MMOs.

• KhaiyneKhaiyne Member Posts: 8

We agree - we don't understand why it hasn't been done, but we're doing it! They had Seers in UO however they didn't have the tools to do something of this scale. A game like MO had the potential but it wasn't built in as a core capability at the design or early development stages.

This is one of our core features so it's a pretty big deal to us.

• HolesonronHolesonron Member Posts: 6

Im very excited for this game, imagine all the possibilities!