Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Banned for voicing opinion...

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

In-depth analysis on the item system:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1#0

Overall rant of the game and history of Diablo III:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5793970255?page=1#3

Just got banned for expressing my opinions and many players agreeing. Went from being a Blizzard fanboy for 12+ years to not wanting to ever play there games again.

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony RotterdamPosts: 5,566Member

You got banned for that?!

Wow ...

• GrahorGrahor aaaPosts: 828Member

Probably for that plus his wonderful personality.

• TerranahTerranah Stockton, CAPosts: 3,605Member

Getting banned might be the best thing that ever happened to you.  You are playing videogames way too much based on your post.  I sympathize with you as I am an escapist also, but at a certain point it's unhealthy.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member

I stopped reading the thread after your third sentence. [mod edit]

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Eat some food that you actually cook rather than nuke in a microwave.

Go outside and blow the stink off of you.

Find a healthier hobby.

Seriously, Blizzard probably banned you for your own good.  They probably did it to save your life and help you with your diabetes.  You should be thanking them instead of running over here to cry foul.

• ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,230Member Uncommon

blizzard does not permanently ban for one action (well, especially not ONE post).

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
    Originally posted by Terranah

Getting banned might be the best thing that ever happened to you.  You are playing videogames way too much based on your post.  I sympathize with you as I am an escapist also, but at a certain point it's unhealthy.

I have literally escaped reality the past 8 years. How does one continue reality?

• CorehavenCorehaven Colorado Springs, COPosts: 1,538Member
    Originally posted by Raserei

I have literally escaped reality the past 8 years. How does one continue reality?

Reality is severly over rated. 

The graphics are really good, but the quests are horrible.  The economy is broken entirely.  There's perma death if you like that.  Combat is okay but if you do it, these guys in blue show up and chase you for awhile which gets annoying because they dont stop.  Ever.  Its also entirely pay to win.  Severly so.  There's also all sorts of monthly fees too. 

Basically it sucks. 

• kalsigurkalsigur San Jose, CAPosts: 27Member

Hey Ras, 

I agree. I saw all the fail in the d3 beta and said once and for all, "Fuck you Blizzard!" 

I know they probably wont care about missing my money. But boy, it aint just me. Anyone and everyone I know who is a gamer will stear clear of their shit for years to come. 

• YalexyYalexy BerlinPosts: 1,052Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Terranah Getting banned might be the best thing that ever happened to you.  You are playing videogames way too much based on your post.  I sympathize with you as I am an escapist also, but at a certain point it's unhealthy.

The graphics are really good, but the quests are horrible.  The economy is broken entirely.  There's perma death if you like that.  Combat is okay but if you do it, these guys in blue show up and chase you for awhile which gets annoying because they dont stop.  Ever.  Its also entirely pay to win.  Severly so.  There's also all sorts of monthly fees too. 

Basically it sucks. 

Additionally, I can't find any cheats like "iddqd". :p

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Middletown, OHPosts: 518Member

Start>Shutdown>Turn-off Computer>Stand-up>Turn-around>Leave House

all joking aside I had this problem, getting a job is good start to repair a social life, then find someone with similiar interest and build on that, don't be afraid to try something you though was stupid, I recently went to COSI (Center of Science and Industry)made fun of that place everytime I drove by and I'll be damned if I didn't buy everyone in my family a pass so no one has an excuse not to go play at the museum with me, cause its  encouraged there

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member
    Originally posted by kalsigur

Hey Ras, 

I agree. I saw all the fail in the d3 beta and said once and for all, "Fuck you Blizzard!" 

I know they probably wont care about missing my money. But boy, it aint just me. Anyone and everyone I know who is a gamer will stear clear of their shit for years to come. 

Yeah, as evidenced by the...what was it...6 million gamers? who bought the game and are currently playing it. Yeah, true gamers are avoiding it in droves, I tell ya.  lol 

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 avondale, AZPosts: 962Member Uncommon

I suspect there is more than meets the eye here.

• kalsigurkalsigur San Jose, CAPosts: 27Member
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by kalsigur

Hey Ras, 

Yeah, as evidenced by the...what was it...6 million gamers? who bought the game and are currently playing it. Yeah, true gamers are avoiding it in droves, I tell ya.  lol 

LOL - I did say, "everyone I KNOW" i certainly don't know 6 million people. 

And the one guy I do know who bought the game: d3 is the first game he ever bought. Which confirms my belief in blizzard designing for the lowest common denominator.

He simply doesn't know any better. [mod edit]

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Bellingham, WAPosts: 688Member

In-depth analysis on the item system:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1#0

Overall rant of the game and history of Diablo III:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5793970255?page=1#3

Just got banned for expressing my opinions and many players agreeing. Went from being a Blizzard fanboy for 12+ years to not wanting to ever play there games again.

Blizzard hasn't made a good game since Warcraft 2.  Serves you right for liking their garbage for so long. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• HricaHrica Mocksville, NCPosts: 1,125Member Uncommon

I stopped reading the thread after your third sentence.  Anyone who does nothing but game from 8 am to 4 am is obviously clinically insane, and would not be someone I take seriously.  

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Find a healthier hobby.

Seriously, Blizzard probably banned you for your own good.  They probably did it to save your life and help you with your diabetes.  You should be thanking them instead of running over here to cry foul.

^ this +1

No disrespect to the OP, but take a break. That much gaming is will give you phyical/mental problems

Take this guys advice. Do some table top RP playing, at least your out with other humans and moving, please

• SlampigSlampig Chantilly, VAPosts: 2,376Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DarkPony

You got banned for that?!

Wow ...

Do you honestly think that this was the only thing posted? You know as well as I do that people tend to only share things that portray them in a positive light or make themselves out to look like a victem...

I don'y buy this for one minute...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• orator1970orator1970 GenovaPosts: 112Member

Basically it sucks. 

Now that was funny and sadly, true

• TGSOLTGSOL Idaho City, IDPosts: 274Member

Well, regardless of whether or not the ban was deserved, there were some good points to be made, particularly with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1#0

The item system really is waaay to simple and boring. There are too many "essential" stats and the "extras" are few compared not just to D2, but other Diablo-esque action RPG's as well (Titan Quest being a prime example). They're also boring and not very useful. Gold/orb pickup increase? Extra life from life orbs? Skill improvements that amount to "5 less mana each cast" or "6% extra damage." Come on. Sure they help, in a boring, uninspired way, but ultimately they help so little that no sane person from Hell onwards would actively look for those stats.

D3 end-game is all about stacking Primary Stat + Vit + armor/resists and doing defense-focused builds. Talk about boring.

Also, I don't think Blizzard even tested half the skills/runes in this game. For example, there is no way any half-competent play tester could have approved of Witch Doctor pets. They are utterly useless, and not in some obscure way - they are flat out, plain old, very blatantly useless wastes of hot-bar space, except in Normal and Nightmare, where they still manage to be sub-par.

I refuse to believe that there's any human being in the entire world with at least 2 functioning brain cells who could have actually tested these skills and found them to be anything other than useless. It's just not possible.

• LummLumm amarillo, TXPosts: 132Member

If any of you think for a second that Blizzard wont ban you over one forum post then you are mislead. This indeed does happen and quite often at that. Its not the ban that you are thinking which would be a game ban, they forum ban you. They do this to keep down the massive amount of crying and complaining from thier customers. No it isnt right but we are talking about the new Blizzard way here. They really dont care about your opinion what so ever. Thier number #1 goal? Money.

Everyone who has already bought D3 and is complaining now about how terrible it is will most likely not be there in a couple months, they will move on. With the RMAH just released they will do what they can to calm the storm until people forget about how terrible the game was at launch. Diablo3 is probably the worst big name sequal i have ever played and the most let down. Anyway enough of my derailing rant.

tldr; You will get forum banned if you say anything negative towards blizzard on thier official forums. FORUM BAN ONLY. Could be from 4 hours to 2 weeks depending on thier mood for that day.

• RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
    Originally posted by TGSOL

Well, regardless of whether or not the ban was deserved, there were some good points to be made, particularly with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1#0

The item system really is waaay to simple and boring. There are too many "essential" stats and the "extras" are few compared not just to D2, but other Diablo-esque action RPG's as well (Titan Quest being a prime example). They're also boring and not very useful. Gold/orb pickup increase? Extra life from life orbs? Skill improvements that amount to "5 less mana each cast" or "6% extra damage." Come on. Sure they help, in a boring, uninspired way, but ultimately they help so little that no sane person from Hell onwards would actively look for those stats.

D3 end-game is all about stacking Primary Stat + Vit + armor/resists and doing defense-focused builds. Talk about boring.

Also, I don't think Blizzard even tested half the skills/runes in this game. For example, there is no way any half-competent play tester could have approved of Witch Doctor pets. They are utterly useless, and not in some obscure way - they are flat out, plain old, very blatantly useless wastes of hot-bar space, except in Normal and Nightmare, where they still manage to be sub-par.

I refuse to believe that there's any human being in the entire world with at least 2 functioning brain cells who could have actually tested these skills and found them to be anything other than useless. It's just not possible

I seriously respect you man. You took the time to actually read my posts before judging. A lot of the responses here and on my posts involve people who read the first 3 lines and then reply with "You are an idiot" most of the time. Glad to see someone agree with me for once.

As for the ban, whatever... IT's only a temp. ban until Saturday (3 days)

• pacovpacov Saskatoon, SKPosts: 311Member
    Originally posted by trash656

I stopped reading the thread after your third sentence.  Anyone who does nothing but game from 8 am to 4 am is obviously clinically insane, and would not be someone I take seriously.  

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Find a healthier hobby.

Buddy, You're a Hyppocrtye. You're on a MMORPG gaming site and I'm pretty sure most hard-core gamers don't have lives. Sorry but it's a widely known fact, and one most gamers are willing to accept. I've seen You come here and post multiple times a day, all hours of the day, even on work days, for the last 2 months. How is it that you are 41 years old, and have a job or a life yourself? I work 8 hours a day as a mental health worker and have hardly anytime to even get on the computer. How is it possible that you have more of a life and have all this time on your hands to post all hours of the day even working days? Maybe before passing judgments on people you know nothing about on the internet you should look in the mirror, because by societys standards none of us have "lives"

+100

• AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,774Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by pacov
    Originally posted by trash656

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Find a healthier hobby.

Buddy, You're a Hyppocrtye. You're on a MMORPG gaming site and I'm pretty sure most hard-core gamers don't have lives. Sorry but it's a widely known fact, and one most gamers are willing to accept. I've seen You come here and post multiple times a day, all hours of the day, even on work days, for the last 2 months. How is it that you are 41 years old, and have a job or a life yourself? I work 8 hours a day as a mental health worker and have hardly anytime to even get on the computer. How is it possible that you have more of a life and have all this time on your hands to post all hours of the day even working days? Maybe before passing judgments on people you know nothing about on the internet you should look in the mirror, because by societys standards none of us have "lives"

+100

+101 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• DragimDragim Boring, KSPosts: 867Member

We shape the reality that is around us.  Society is set up in a way that it is the reality that we live in, the reality in a small town is a lot different then the reality in a large city.

Societys that are set-up differently, have different realities.

The reality in a tribe living in a rainforest somewhere is vastly different than that of an industrial nation.

So to say that your reality is the same as someone else's is false because through our social interactions and activities we create the reality that we live in.

Without social interaction and society, what reality is there to live in?

So if one lives in a electronic reality, blogging, playing video games, chatting online, how is that reality not real in comparison to someone who goes out and drinks their life away and whoring themselves out at a bar?

We all choose to live our lives how we want and to condemn someone for how they live is trying to tell them to live in your reality and not their own.

Live your life how you want, if you are unhappy with your life, then change it, otherwise, if you enjoy what you do, living in your reality, then continue to do so.

Life is what you make it, if you are happy to not make much of it, then so be it.  If you are happy trying to tell others that their reality is crap, then so be it.

Reality is what you make it.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• renrinkenrenrinken Downey, CAPosts: 29Member
    Originally posted by Thane

blizzard does not permanently ban for one action (well, especially not ONE post).

Pretty much the impression I get. If one or two posts were the sole cause of a perma-ban, why in the world would they not delete the posts in question ?

You would have to be a sheep to completely buy into his claims. I doubt he was banned in first place, and if he did then this is a complete false corrolation. Reminds me of a DOTA forum. People will cry and cry that they were banned saying how they are the perfect gentlemen in a game. Then a mod will come out and confirm that he sprewed vile and disgusting things in chat, often anti semetic and bigoted remarks.

• BoltharBolthar Winter Springs, FLPosts: 62Member
    Originally posted by TGSOL

I refuse to believe that there's any human being in the entire world with at least 2 functioning brain cells who could have actually tested these skills and found them to be anything other than useless. It's just not possible.

Unfortunately they locked the beta testers to normal mode and level 13 as to not allow them to see how useless they really are. I am pretty sure people with access to the other levels pre-release fall into the two brain cell category.

Sorry when Normal mode Act 1 Boss 1 Skeleton King can 2 hit your Witch Doctors pets whats the use of them? At least I now just explode them for some minor enjoment since they were gracious enough to allow me that skill rune within the 13 levels I got.

I have a 1 dollar paid guest pass as I know absolutely noone who bought this game to try and get it from them and I don't play WoW. So now I am stuck at level 13 on all 5 of the classes and am already disilussioned enough to think I spent 1 too many dollars on this. I was so planning to like this game and had even tried to figure out where to buy it besides straight from Blizzard but after playing this "starter edition" I think I would get more enjoyment taking my kids out to CiCi's pizza (and god how I hate that place).

People may flame me for not trying it to level 60 but really whats going to change? A few more runes and skill unlocks and a ton of loot grinding? Its not like they left any difficulties to play around with different character builds. Just change some gear and some skills/runes and poof new playstyle/same grind