Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 : Things I don't like.

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Redemp
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

guardians can use wands  for truly ranged attacks....

Ah but not at a range acceptable in WvW, is my point. I think everyone needs a viable 1200 range weapon.

Isn't Guardian supposed to be a support class?

Would you really want a weak 1200 range weapon added into the mix, because Guardians are so bloody hard to kill? Would it even serve a purpose?

There is no such thing as a Support class in the game, Guardians when built properly can put out a ton of damage.

* Edit * I might have worded this incorrectly ; I meant to imply that professions are not locked into the role.

I'm not sure I like the idea of every class having to be able to do everything. "Every class needs a viable 1200 range weapon because of WvW" just doesn't sound very appealing to me. It almost sounds like all classes have to be the same. All classes need a 2 handed AoE melee weapon too? All classes need this, all classes need that, sounds like you don't need classes at all if that's the case.

If WvW is all about maximum range dps because anything else just isn't viable then that just sounds like WvW is just plain boken.

imageimage
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Ah but not at a range acceptable in WvW, is my point. I think everyone needs a viable 1200 range weapon.

Isn't Guardian supposed to be a support class?

Would you really want a weak 1200 range weapon added into the mix, because Guardians are so bloody hard to kill? Would it even serve a purpose?

There is no such thing as a Support class in the game, Guardians when built properly can put out a ton of damage.

* Edit * I might have worded this incorrectly ; I meant to imply that professions are not locked into the role.

I'm not sure I like the idea of every class having to be able to do everything. "Every class needs a viable 1200 range weapon because of WvW" just doesn't sound very appealing to me. It almost sounds like all classes have to be the same. All classes need a 2 handed AoE melee weapon too? All classes need this, all classes need that, sounds like you don't need classes at all if that's the case.

If WvW is all about maximum range dps because anything else just isn't viable then that just sounds like WvW is just plain boken.

Maybe it would help you to think of it like this.

From Range

Guardian: 3/10

Elementalist: 10/10

From Melee

Guardian: 9/10

Elementalist: 4/10

Edit: Just made up values. YMMV.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I agree with number one.

My biggest issue is to much zoning and instancing in PvE. Open the world up!

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

I agree with number one.

My biggest issue is to much zoning and instancing in PvE. Open the world up!

I find the zones to be pretty darn large, guess its just a matter of taste.

Why do Seige Engines need to cost ammo/fuel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImNGXsqLF4&feature=related

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

I posted this in a news article, but let me repost my 'don't likes' and concerns from this BWE.

Solid changes but I can't help but notice several negative changes:

- Mystic Keys no longer drop from mobs (I killed many, many mobs, and got to level 40). Still penty of chests dropping, though...

- Dye seeds no longer 'planted'. Dyes only obtainable through cash shop or rare 'undiscovered dye' RNG items which unlock 1 random dye. Keep in mind, dyes are also no longer account bound, but character bound.

- Glory reward system changed from paying exactly for the item you wish to unlock, to having to pay for RNG boxes which has extremely low chance of giving the items you want to unlock. In other words, extreme grind on RNG for sPvP players. You supposedly will be able to use the mystic forge to 'reforge' 4 items into one your class can use, but read the next point.

- Mystic Forge is an itemshop gimmick: Turning 4 items in to receive one that your class can use is great, but here is the trick, the item you get back only has 1 stat on it (making it completely useless), unless you buy mystic forge stones, which adds the second stat upon using the mystic forge to replace items.

Those four changes heavily promote cash shop usage and are really starting to hug that thin line of 'pay2win' asian cash shop models. They also promote RNG based grind, perhaps in an attempt to keep people playing longer.

The other changes have been awesome however, I just hope more people realised the bad changes aswell. Speak up!

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034
    Originally posted by raapnaap

I posted this in a news article, but let me repost my 'don't likes' and concerns from this BWE.

- Mystic Keys no longer drop from mobs (I killed many, many mobs, and got to level 40). Still penty of chests dropping, though...

- Dye seeds no longer 'planted'. Dyes only obtainable through cash shop or rare 'undiscovered dye' RNG items which unlock 1 random dye. Keep in mind, dyes are also no longer account bound, but character bound.

- Glory reward system changed from paying exactly for the item you wish to unlock, to having to pay for RNG boxes which has extremely low chance of giving the items you want to unlock. In other words, extreme grind on RNG for sPvP players. You supposedly will be able to use the mystic forge to 'reforge' 4 items into one your class can use, but read the next point.

- Mystic Forge is an itemshop gimmick: Turning 4 items in to receive one that your class can use is great, but here is the trick, the item you get back only has 1 stat on it (making it completely useless), unless you buy mystic forge stones, which adds the second stat upon using the mystic forge to replace items.

Those four changes heavily promote cash shop usage and are really starting to hug that thin line of 'pay2win' asian cash shop models. They also promote RNG based grind, perhaps in an attempt to keep people playing longer.

The other changes have been awesome however, I just hope more people realised the bad changes aswell. Speak up!

Dye now can drop directly from mobs (you need to click them to make them character bound so i guess you can sell them), i droped 8 full dyes and a single seed (i think) this week end. All the special dies i had was from this beta since i never used any seed and got 8 special dies in 2 days, i think it was a fair drop rate.

Mystic key i never droped a single one in both beta

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by TheTrueKing

as a guardian if you stand on top of a keep there is nothing you can do to someone directly under you on the ground.  Guardians do not have enough range on their "ranged attacks"  I could cast protection walls and reflection shields for whom ever was on the walls with me but other then that Guardians Range = Useless while every other class has something they can hit people with from a keeps walls.

Guard-ian, that means you GUARD other people.  The name itself describes the class.  Because of this, that means your'e more prone to defensive than offensive spells.  I've tried guardian and found that was the case.  To what offensive abilities it's for, it's mostly for use in things like field combat and ground spots that isn't involving long range or walls between targets.

As for the OP's request, which seem like he wants everything under the sun from WoW, I think that's where he/she should go (back to?).  Target of Target? useless training skill.  Dungeons? This isn't a ****ing dungeon crawling game! The world being lively and mostly the point of the game, it's better this way.  Even the dungeons that are in this game should be nothing like WoW's dungeons (see WvWvW dungeon that's player controlled attacks/mobs).

Originally posted by Siphaed

as a guardian if you stand on top of a keep there is nothing you can do to someone directly under you on the ground.  Guardians do not have enough range on their "ranged attacks"  I could cast protection walls and reflection shields for whom ever was on the walls with me but other then that Guardians Range = Useless while every other class has something they can hit people with from a keeps walls.

Guard-ian, that means you GUARD other people.  The name itself describes the class.  Because of this, that means your'e more prone to defensive than offensive spells.  I've tried guardian and found that was the case.  To what offensive abilities it's for, it's mostly for use in things like field combat and ground spots that isn't involving long range or walls between targets.

As for the OP's request, which seem like he wants everything under the sun from WoW, I think that's where he/she should go (back to?).  Target of Target? useless training skill.  Dungeons? This isn't a ****ing dungeon crawling game! The world being lively and mostly the point of the game, it's better this way.  Even the dungeons that are in this game should be nothing like WoW's dungeons (see WvWvW dungeon that's player controlled attacks/mobs).

I'm going to bite my tongue and calmly suggest you go read the original post again. Then I would suggest editing your post, I will in turn edit this one.

As it stands you have egg on your face.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

• I can confirm keys DO drop. I had one off a mob in Kessex. Rate's probably crap, but they drop.
    • OK so let's look at this...the old way was you got a seed. Took it to an NPC and waited 24 hours (unless you had a cash shop item) then got one random dye. Now, you just get the random dye without the wait. Where is the bad in this again? And they were character bound in bwe 1 too, once identified. You can send unidentified dyes to the bank and have other characters use them I beleive.
    • I can't comment on the glory changes, I never got into any of that in the BWEs. I played WvW for fun and xp, and don't like spvp personally.
    • I'd like to disagree here on teh Forge...while it's true I was only getting 1 stat on the reward, it had fantastic stats and looked cool besides. I was lucky enough to get one I could equip though. Keep in mind, It's just a random goofy gimmick to get rid of unwanted items rather than break them down or vendor them.

Pay to win? Sigh...here we go again.
    -Nothing in the chests in p2w. Yes you get an experience booster sometimes...you know what it boosts XP on? Mob kills, and mob kills only. Know how much xp you get from mobs? Next to nothing. An additional 20% or whatever of nothing is..leesee....carry the two....Oh. Yeah. Still nothing. It will not impact levelling speed. The cash booster is extremely rare in those boxes from what I see and hardly makes a dent in cash either. Ditto for teh rest of the boosters. That little tiny edge you might get from one isn't going to make you wtfpwn anyone. It MIGHT save you a little time playing, that's it.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

I'm going to bite my tongue and calmly suggest you go read the original post again. Then I would suggest editing your post, I will in turn edit this one.

Egg is nowhere near my face. Your face however is sunny-side up.

• You complained that you wanted dungeons prior to level 30, which isnt' what this game is about. It's about world dynamic events, exploration, public questing, and the like.  You're simply requesting more enclosed clostrophobic figths with minor groups and gives you a pat of self satisfaciton for beating the corridors inside some place.

• You asked for Target of Target, which I find to be nothing more than a training ability for the weak that cannot bother moving their mouse a bit and selecting the target themselves.  Or, even more so there's Tab-targett cycling  that can go from target to target until you're at the right one.

• Requesting Self-mailing system? Well, there's  a HUGE hole in that one which won't happen:  Guild Wars 2 has a microtransaction that is for things like extra bag slots and extra bank slots.  Self-mail is manipulation of the system to avoid banking.  Arena.Net would never allow this because it would make their MT for the extra bank slots pointless.

• You want a customizable UI...big shocker here.  People of your social group can never appricaiate developer designed things and must always find ways to manipulate them.  I'm supposing you want add-ons, Gear Score, Heal Helper, DPS meters, etc.  Ya, Arena.net said it isn't going to happen.

• Repair costs in WvWvW, I'm supposing you want it to be free?  Ya, sorry, but no.  See, if that happened, it would off-set and upset the PvE players as well.  During WvWvW players interact with NPC's (guards, Lords, and swamp mosquitos) besides the players that they interact with as well.  But, even so, when dying to another player it's no biggy, because as you kill, participate in defensive/offensive Dynamic Raid Events, you collect gold that you can then spend on both repairs and siege equipment if wanting to.  The repair cost right now is not that high and is very reasonable for even half-decent players that die a lot.

• WvWvW siege complaints (both of them).  First off, siege weapons already cost huge in the way of supplies that you have to maintain a good supply line for the higher end peices and have 2-4 people carrying  for the lower end ones.  This is besides the gold cost that is there allicuted to one individual who has to fork it over.     With walls being able to be repaired by cost of seige, it would suck that a door gets repaired when down to 10% HP after using only 6 shots on a treb that you just spent 16silver on and had 9 buddies and yourself build.  That's just crazy.

Also, siege weapon's damage are very easy to avoid.  Catapults and Trebs have a slow land to hit from the point of fire, which means that getting out of that circle is as easy as two rolls in either direction.  Arrow carts are a bit harder to avoid, but they've tweeked them since last game.  Also, have found that teammates with shielding abilites and armor combos have helped to avoid a full barrage of damage.   Flanking posistions has shown wonderous results as well, in that any position can be overran by the right tactics (AOE's, getting behind them, setting up a cross-field hill bombardment within range, etc).

• Add more to the WvWvW dungeon...what is more? If you're asking for NPC mobs, you're freakin' insane! That's just counter to everything that dungeon is.  If you're saying more traps, more ways to kill each other, and a more rewarding return of possibly gold in the chest....I'm all for that and we might be onto something.   But no NPC's other than those in the animal pit that so hillariously beat the crap out of people who can't make the simple 3rd jump!

The ONLY points I'll agree with are a few of the following:

1) Fishing, we sure need it.  I'm sick of going to Lion's Arch with bountiful shrimp and salmon in the bay that we cannot kill and cook.  That's just teasing and mean.  Also, when I'm at the Bay location in my Home World's WvWvW map, I'd like to sit and fish while the enemy is sitting and banging on reinforced doors with no rams or any siege at all (happend more than once,...imbeciles)

2)Chairs.  I can turn into a chair but I cannot sit in one? What gives? Maybe it was purposely designed that people couldn't sit in chairs just incase they try to sit on a fellow player-turned-chair.  Doubtful.  Benches, chairs, and the like would be great sitting in.

3) Emotes, I love 'em.  I'd like a /disco, to be able to /dance while transmorgified into a bird, a /pray, a /bow, and others that I noticed were lacking.  Bring on the dancing bird army of death!

Bonus:

4) First Person Zoom.  This is one I'm adding myself as a pet peeve.  I'd like to have an FP zoom just so that I can take a good screenshot without having my doopy character standing right in the way.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Hah!

I think it has just been shown that people are indeed incapable of discussing negative opinions. Or possibly even reading an entire post. Whatever, I guess it's easy to just ignore.

Originally posted by colddog04

Hah!

I think it has just been shown that people are indeed incapable of discussing negative opinions. Or possibly even reading an entire post. Whatever, I guess it's easy to just ignore.

You know I had an entire reply drafted for him, fully of zingers .... but I'll let it go. It's not worth the Mod infraction and really there is no point to argueing with people who can't read. What's even greater is most of those suggestions aren't even mine! =P

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by StrangeEyes

Unbalanced WvW where one server in notime own all four maps thats STUPID and nobody likes that even winner don't like that.

Sounds like someone got pitted against Crystal Desert.   ...yeah those team legacy guys sure are somethin', aren't they?  ....not exactly the pride of the server for their cheeky exploits but hopefully they'll find someone their own size to pick on eventually.

Originally posted by iller
    Originally posted by StrangeEyes

Unbalanced WvW where one server in notime own all four maps thats STUPID and nobody likes that even winner don't like that.

Sounds like someone got pitted against Crystal Desert.   ...yeah those team legacy guys sure are somethin', aren't they?  ....not exactly the pride of the server for their cheeky exploits but hopefully they'll find someone their own size to pick on eventually.

I think they will get tired of playing the game rather quickly. I transfered my guild off that server too.

• ScarlyngScarlyng Member UncommonPosts: 159

Re the first two items on your negative list. 

I did get two key drops from normal mobs this BWE but none the last one.  I did get more chests than keys.

I'm not sure how rare the random dye drops are.  I got 8 this past weekend and a roommate claims he got ten -- and he only played for about 9-10 hours total (poor sod worked full shifts all three days).

As to the GLory system ... RNG for item rewards bought via earned tokens should be drawn, quartered, tarred, feathered, taken out and shot and then hung from the yardarm to make sure.  If there needs to be a degree of difficulty to getting items, increase the amount of tokens needed, don't lock the items behond an RNG.  If such a feature were to make it to live, I'd be very unhappy with ANet.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

Things i didnt like:

1. Wvw server balance and the match system (they said they will repair it)

2. Portal Entry Mesmer Skill- Now you have to click the floor to teleport to the exit, is not just by standing in the circle/area marked. Imagine you are trying to run from a enemy.... >.> you have to click the floor or press a key....

3. Clones of the mesmer and pets of the rangers are squishy, like very really squishy.

4. I think they should nerf the damage of Golems vs castle fort reinforced doors.

5. High ammount of PVE animals on WvW, all agro.

6. Mesmer Clones dont retain agro, the mesmer get attacked the 100% of the time on pve.

7. The abilitie of switching servers back and fort freely without cool down.

- note: Yes im a mesmer and a ranger.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Not being able to sit in chairs is just kind of an immersion killer for me.  I felt the same way about EQ2.  We had amazing housing there and yet.....we couldn't sit in the chairs.  I mean....WTF?  I really hate that one tiny thing.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I didn't like the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon, apart from some "events" in there the rest was way too similar to dungeons in other MMOs, except there is no Holy Trinity. I'm disappointed....

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

I'm going to keep it simple and to the point :

• Alpha Builds - It's beta, works still being done,  everyone is comparing themselves to Alpha Builds and it must be corrected prior to true balance passes.
    • Broken Skills - It's beta and broken skills are to be exspected, I mean skills that simply serve no purpose such as : Search and Rescue , Mine Kit , Thumper Turret , Racial utility abilites which have been acknowledged by Developers to be weak. Etc
    • Lack of a ranged weapon for Guardians in WvW - *Updated : Developers stated this will be fixed.
    • Dominance of Seige weaponry in WvW - Way to much damage.
    • No cost for useing Seige weapons in WvW -- I can fire an arrow cart, catapult, trebuchet an unlimited amount of times? This needs to be fixed to require supply.
    • Necromancers Death Shroud mechanic -- Edited * I think it needs work in its current form, it acts as a temporary invulnrability.
    • The lack of a low level dungeon, I want to experience a dungeon prior to level 30.
    • Lack of UI customization.
    • Character Slot limits
    • Fishing - We wants it.
    • Target of Target
    • Mail to Self
    • Character Trading
    • Keybinds to be reflected on the hotbar.
    • Add more to the WvW Dungeon.
    • WvW Raid size groups.
    • High Resolution Textures
    • Emotes - More  fluff in general.
    • Chairs -- Let us sit in them.
    • Some Elite skills which summon NPC's need to have their Health pools adjusted.
    • Repair Cost in WvW.
    • Further adjustments on lower level difficulty.
    * LIST UPDATED *

someone never used scepter or staff for Guardian ...

WvW raid groups are calles squads here ^^

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I've only had a few hours to play (this previous stress test).  I'm guessing this game is a bit of a grower.  The DE's and combat in general seems to have a lot of potential for fun.  However, I'm finding things a bit chaotic.  What if I don't feel like fighting 20 enemies and I wan't to go kill a single stronger mob for fun?  Don't you all get tired of fighting 20 mobs at a time and want to fight a single stronger mob?  I'm guessing that the chaotic nature of the DE's gets better after I've gotten used to things a bit more.  I'm even finding it difficult to see who's hitting me as I franticaly tab from mob to mob jamming hotbuttons.

Also how are you all controling your toon?  It almost seems like a gaming mouse would be required as keyboard movement isn't an option when you have to be jamming hotbuttons (absolutely no clicking in this game it seems).  Bind maybe strafe to some side buttons on the mouse?  Suprised more people haven't spoken about how they will play this game.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by Mardukk

I've only had a few hours to play (this previous stress test).  I'm guessing this game is a bit of a grower.  The DE's and combat in general seems to have a lot of potential for fun.  However, I'm finding things a bit chaotic.  What if I don't feel like fighting 20 enemies and I wan't to go kill a single stronger mob for fun?  Don't you all get tired of fighting 20 mobs at a time and want to fight a single stronger mob?  I'm guessing that the chaotic nature of the DE's gets better after I've gotten used to things a bit more.  I'm even finding it difficult to see who's hitting me as I franticaly tab from mob to mob jamming hotbuttons.

Also how are you all controling your toon?  It almost seems like a gaming mouse would be required as keyboard movement isn't an option when you have to be jamming hotbuttons (absolutely no clicking in this game it seems).  Bind maybe strafe to some side buttons on the mouse?  Suprised more people haven't spoken about how they will play this game.

To answer the first question, I've found a fix of single stronger mobs and smaller clusters of crap. Single mobs tend to be much easier since you're dodging one enemy instead of 10. Keep in mind DEs scale to the number of players, so any populated area is going to have BIG crowds in DEs. I'm not sure why you're "tabbing frantically jamming hotkeys"....for the most part, if there's lots of mosnters around, you aoe. Most melee swings and many other attacks hit anything in their radius anyway.

Regarding the control scheme...I'm not a click. Mouse controls camera and where I'm facing, WASD for movements and dodging, ~ for weapon swaps, 1-0 for abilities. All pretty standard fare really. But if you're a clicker, movement could be an issue in this game I spose.

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91

If you want tougher single mobs, get away from the DE's and look for "veteran" mobs. These are a lot tougher than regular ones. Also taking on 2-3 mobs of your level can be quite chalenging.

For control, I bound my left and right strafe to my mouse side buttons and put my dodge on my Q key (or you can double tap your mouse buttons). I hold down both my left and right mouse buttons to move forward/turn. This leaves me free to use my 1-0 keys for my attacks.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Sorry, my brain is still thinking about hitting people with a ballista. I can't think of any reason why hitting someone with one shouldn't one shot them. :-)

ugh, here we go with the "what's good for game play" vs. "what's good for realism" again.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Sorry, my brain is still thinking about hitting people with a ballista. I can't think of any reason why hitting someone with one shouldn't one shot them. :-)

ugh, here we go with the "what's good for game play" vs. "what's good for realism" again.

To be honest it should oneshot a player, but getting it to hit should be very hard as a player is a small target and one that moves. So direct hit could be a oneshot. Anything else could be a knockback with some damage or simply a miss.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by VagabondLife

If you want tougher single mobs, get away from the DE's and look for "veteran" mobs. These are a lot tougher than regular ones. Also taking on 2-3 mobs of your level can be quite chalenging.

For control, I bound my left and right strafe to my mouse side buttons and put my dodge on my Q key (or you can double tap your mouse buttons). I hold down both my left and right mouse buttons to move forward/turn. This leaves me free to use my 1-0 keys for my attacks.

Thanks looks like the veteran mobs are going to be the nice change of pace from packs of mobs.  Looks like you move exactely how I was thinking about it.  Only issue would be moving backwards or do you just turn/face everywhere?