Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 : Things I don't like.

Comments

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Meowhead
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Why do you consider that group to be weird and by implication being more weird than whatever group Caponestyle belongs to? 

Because I'm an RPer, and I spent two hours just flat out RPing in Divinity's Reach the first BWE.

That's pretty weird.

I was trying to convince charr that while they may have some mild advantages in the technological sciences, that human's pastry making and lace making science was far advanced, so really we had a lock on all the important things.  ... and that explained my near-pathological hatred of centaurs, the fact their hijinks kept disturbing the pastry-distribution channels.

Some things are more IMPORTANT than burning villages.

While your gamestyle is uncommon, I don't understand why you would use the negative word "weird" as an attribute to describe it. Perhaps "weird" is normally not considered to be a negative word?

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

The problem is that a lot of people seam to think a beta stage is like a release stage, they are many thing a dev team need to test and tweak during beta stage, skills, class balance, optimisation are just glaring exemple. Anet use a tricky beta testing system which include stress test at the very begining of what is usually a close beta phase. This mean a lot of people are like demanding for the game to be realease even though its obviously not at the point to be.

But in many other point that are not skills, balance and optimisation i disagree with the OP. WvW siege is meant to be a siege and guild strategy game, if you want character vs character type of pvp you should go to the spvp, even though both are imporant in WvW, its clearly not the first goal of it, the first goal is about territry control made by organized group, and this mean siege should have a real impact. Maybe not one shoot, i don't like game with one shoot thing, its just not funny, but they sure should make massive amount of damage to any single character. And i agree supply should be used a lot more imo, but i didn't went into WvW this beta so i'm maybe out of touch here.

Low level dungeon i disagree as well, they are just a total waste of resource, nobody even use lv10 dungeon, like ever in any mmo i ever played. And in the case of GW2 where dungeons are mean to be a high end pve content, it's totally counter productive and make no sense to have them at low level, how could you ask high end pve content to player that barely understand how to use their skills?

Lack of UI, ye, but this is not a must imo, i find their minimal Ui to not need that mush cutomisation, it sure would be better with fully customizable, but really not even on top of the list imo.

• Character Slot limits
    • Fishing - We wants it.
    • Target of Target
    • Mail to Self
    ??? what this is about, personal opinion i guess? Ps there is bank (is account wide right?), why would you even want to mail to yourself?

Auction house need to be optimized, its slow. ANd ye they need to put character to character trading imo too, at least on receive mail payment, that would be the absolute minimum, uless they have a track gold farmer feature they want specifically attached to AH i'm not aware of, but i don't buy this theory at all.

WvW already have commander stuff...

emotes and chair i can agree, shouldn't be hard for them to add. The sit chair effect in Aion was gorgeous, i hope NCsoft is sending them the animation.

They still need to tweak a lot of things, i don't even understand the "release now" nonsense a lot of people is throwing around. At last we have a nice mmo full of content and people literally demand Anet to rush it out.. That kind of piss me off really, let them do their job honestly.
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by Redemp

I'm going to keep it simple and to the point :

• Alpha Builds - It's beta, works still being done,  everyone is comparing themselves to Alpha Builds and it must be corrected prior to true balance passes.
    • Broken Skills - It's beta and broken skills are to be exspected, I mean skills that simply serve no purpose such as : Search and Rescue , Mine Kit , Thumper Turret , Racial utility abilites which have been acknowledged by Developers to be weak. Etc
    • Lack of a ranged weapon for Guardians in WvW - *Updated : Developers stated this will be fixed.
    • Dominance of Seige weaponry in WvW - Way to much damage.
    • No cost for useing Seige weapons in WvW -- I can fire an arrow cart, catapult, trebuchet an unlimited amount of times? This needs to be fixed to require supply.
    • Necromancers Death Shroud mechanic -- It's an invunerability, and smart necromancers are absurdly difficult to kill.
    • Warriors over buffed health to damage ratio.
    • The lack of a low level dungeon, I want to experience a dungeon prior to level 30.
    • Lack of UI customization.
    • Character Slot limits
    • Fishing - We wants it.
    • Target of Target
    • Mail to Self
    • Character Trading
    • Keybinds to be reflected on the hotbar.
    • Add more to the WvW Dungeon.
    • WvW Raid size groups.
    • High Resolution Textures
    • Emotes - More  fluff in general.
    • Chairs -- Let us sit in them.
    • Some Elite skills which summon NPC's need to have their Health pools adjusted.
    • Repair Cost in WvW.
    • Further adjustments on lower level difficulty.
    •  
    Did you find any negatives the past two weekends you feel need to be addressed? Post them up, lets keep things civil and get a list compiled.

I'm not going to list the things I like about the game, that would be way to long of a list. Suffice it to say I want to see if there can be actual discussion on negatives on these forums, to put to bed the absurd assertion that no one can say anything negative about the game here.

* LIST UPDATED *

Goign to quote you because it's easier to keep track. I actually agree with a lot here, but you're right in your assumption that most of it will be fixed. Hi Res textures aren't in-game yet, but the option to enable them is there so clearly they're coming. I'm guessing with the optimization issues would only be compounded by them at the moment.

I can't speak about Engineer, but I functioned fine as a Mesmer. Better than fine. Maybe it's just the playstyle. Either way, if they want to make my favorite class even stronger, I'm okay with that, for obvious reasons ;3 

I haven't done a lot of WvWvW but I agree, those seige weapons are overpowered. I don't mind if they hit really hard, I just don't like when people rely on them. I didn't get as much actual PvP as I'd hoped, the few times I tried WvWvW, cuz people were busy hugging their siege weapons like LoLers hug their turrets. Necromancers aren't hard at all, their death shroud form is very limited skill-wise, so you save your best skills for when they come out then spike the hell out of them. I will admit though, that it's an unfair mechanic; no other class has a 'second chance' mechanic the way Necros do. 

Didn't have a problem with Warriors, either. If you're playing largely in WvWvW, it's likely you're up against people with superior equipment. WvWvW doesn't care about people people on even turf, if that's what you want, you're looking for arena PvP (though I don't think it's actually available as of the last BWE, unfortunately). I went into WvWvW able to tank because of my gear and the fact that I was level 40, as a mesmer. Gear matters there, at least up to the point that others have the same innate level and same level gear, then it evens out again.

A lower level dungeon might be nice, but those dungeons are insanely difficult. You don't get your final skill slot, your Elite skill, until level 30. And you need it. They could create an easy lowbie dungeon I suppose, but personally that's something I can wait for.

Health pools on those elite summons do need to be looked as, same for pets in general I think. They shouldn't be overpowered, but as of now they're all very fragile. Anet did say they're still balancing that, so that's nice. The rest of what you posted doesn't bother me.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

While your gamestyle is uncommon, I don't understand why you would use the negative word "weird" as an attribute to describe it. Perhaps "weird" is normally not considered to be a negative word?

?

That's because i'm not attributing negative values to the word 'weird', and you are, I guess.

Strange isn't bad, it's just strange.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

?

That's because i'm not attributing negative values to the word 'weird', and you are, I guess.

Strange isn't bad, it's just strange.

If I assume "weird" is just another word to neutrally describe something that is uncommon or rare, then wouldn't a poster with the forum name "Caponestyle" be weird too based on the grounds that it is very uncommon for someone to have a maffia-related forum name? If that's the case, then you are telling someone that is "weird" that your group is "weird" too. 

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

Death Shroud It's not an invunerability, it's merely a second health bar that goes down with time and damage.

Btw, mailing to self would mean infinite inventory, no wonder they didn't do it. Also, your bank is account based, and you can store most stuff directly from the inventory without actually going to the bank. Target of target is also implemented, but it only works in parties.

You have total freedom to discuss things you didn't like in the game, just make sure you're not misinformed.

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245

YAY FOR FISHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Matheusor1

Death Shroud It's not an invunerability, it's merely a second health bar that goes down with time and damage.

Btw, mailing to self would mean infinite inventory, no wonder they didn't do it. Also, your bank is account based, and you can store most stuff directly from the inventory without actually going to the bank. Target of target is also implemented, but it only works in parties.

You have total freedom to discuss things you didn't like in the game, just make sure you're not misinformed.

Well, you can totally mail things to a friend while your friend mails stuff to you.

It's just an annoying extra step. :P

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Matheusor1 Death Shroud It's not an invunerability, it's merely a second health bar that goes down with time and damage. Btw, mailing to self would mean infinite inventory, no wonder they didn't do it. Also, your bank is account based, and you can store most stuff directly from the inventory without actually going to the bank. Target of target is also implemented, but it only works in parties. You have total freedom to discuss things you didn't like in the game, just make sure you're not misinformed.
    Well, you can totally mail things to a friend while your friend mails stuff to you.

It's just an annoying extra step. :P

Indeed, MMO players with friends are OP. They need to check their privilege.

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

I don't like the cut scenes...they should go.

I want mounts ... when entering a building you should dismount but retain your mount speed. 

Any usable npc's should have an invisible bubble so that characters (and mounts) cannot stand on top of any npc.

Need a lot of fun emotes.

Mini pets should not disappear if you have one out and delete your character.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i  would certainly sign off on some of these as well.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

The character slots should stay like this, Five is just perfect. they have to make money somewhere so if u want to create a 6-7-or 8th character then pay a slot into the cash shop. point final,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• xnipsxxnipsx Member Posts: 5

These are all number(s) and easily fixable. I havent found anything someone can argue yet about the games core components.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Guardians should really have a single pistol + shield ability.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I agree with everything on the list even I'm not affected or don't need some of the stuff.

However, I dissagree when it comes to character slots cause:

- we are getting 5 slots which is 1 slot per RACE and that's a fair deal

- most mmos give you 3 slots max, some are giving you even only ONE

- if you want more slots you can buy additional ones from the shop to support the developers and help the production of additional content through the funds generated by such purchases

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by seridan

I can add Dungeons on that list. I simply didn't like Ascalonian Catacombs.

It felt like playing another game in there, just mobs with tons of hit points and super damage. I much prefer the dungeons in GW1 where you fight lots of mobs instead of a few "elite" ones. Also the boss fights weren't as interesting as I wanted, all I can remember from all the bosses is that they had tons of hit points lol

I didn't mind that so much b/c it gave the "fight itself" enough time for really interesting things to happen.  (like half your group needing to be rezz'd) or juggling boss aggro several times.  I'd also point out that if it took more than 50 seconds to kill a boss then you were probably doing something wrong.

What I didn't like was the Bosses that came after that in the Hardmode version who just instantly killed multiple players with no activation time or telegraphing on those instant kill attacks.  Arenanet said all along that we wouldn't need Monks in GW2 b/c we'd be in charge of our own survival and be able to see attacks coming and then dodge them.   There was none of that when it came to the Spider Queen or this other Boss who's name I couldn't pronounce.  It sucked b/c we had already given them tons of feedback on why that was wrong and how they broke their promise during the last BWE by having Champions who did that crap.  To see it keep showing up really makes me question whether Explorable Dungeons will be a test of skill or just a cleverly disquised Money-Sink and one more justification for buying their cash-shop Repair-Golemn. 

...also, all bosses in dungeons are apparently immune to my favorite mechanic in the game (Knockbacks).

Oh, one last one:  When mobs pick a new aggro target, they don't rotate, they just instantly face that target and attack without warning.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

T or ctrl T is hit called target.

There will never be target of target because there is no direct friendly targeting.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by garretth

I don't like the cut scenes...they should go.

I want mounts ... when entering a building you should dismount but retain your mount speed. 

Any usable npc's should have an invisible bubble so that characters (and mounts) cannot stand on top of any npc.

Need a lot of fun emotes.

Mini pets should not disappear if you have one out and delete your character.

I don´t think they should go but I think they could compromize and have the option to not see them and just get a text window if you so wished, it would be simple to implement and make everyone happy.

And that makes no sense, if you are not on a mount you should not get any buffs with it. 

And I agree that most npcs should have that at least, except ones standing in places were they might hinder movement.

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

All I hope is that all these complaints have been posted on GW2 official forums.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

guardians can use wands  for truly ranged attacks....

Its only 900 range but Jon sstated on the forums that sceptres will change to 1200.  Which is nice because Sceptre/Focus is very strong offensive build.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Vaultar

All I hope is that all these complaints have been posted on GW2 official forums.

Most have and the good thing is barring any development changes then alot will probably get adressed.  Anet does listen to issues that are warranted and many of them were addressed on the forums this weekend.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Saxonblade
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    • Target of Target

I totally agree with this one.  I found it annoying not to know which player the mob was going after, it makes it feel even more zerg-like.  In a game where getting some distance between yourself and the mob is very important, it'd be nice to know if they're after you.

If you were with a Thief you would know who the mob was after :P, I swear I was like a insta aggro magnet if I even sneezed as a Thief.

target of target... shesh, next thing they ask for is a dmg and agro meter.

go play wow.

mob : "i will now change target, plz be cautious and rdy your healing skill!"

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I'm going to keep it simple and to the point :

• No cost for useing Seige weapons in WvW -- I can fire an arrow cart, catapult, trebuchet an unlimited amount of times? This needs to be fixed to require supply.

Indeed I think supply is the only thing that really makes it stand out from the RvR from WAR. It adds something to WvW that WAR never had and that is real strategy. Just trowing yourself at a keep and then going to the next keep it if fails was not a strategy ;)

I am not saying that they are the same, but the difference does come from the concept of supply. The way the maps are build, what you can do and what might be best to take first and forcing people to bring in supplies to fire a catapult or use other siege weapons could really make a difference. 

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Nothing to update the main list with so I'll just reply in kind.

•  As a PvPer I would love target of target, I don't care about its PvE implications.
    •  Seige Weaponry  does to much damage,  you can't cite realism it doesn't work. Currently Seige engines are two shotting players ..... and there are normally 10 + in a keep seige. Those of us who played Daoc should know full well there is a reason Seige engines only did moderate amounts of damage to players. With its current standing the game WILL turn into who has the most engines.   Seige Engine ammo cost would help to alieviate this issue, I never brought it up to Anet because I assumed someone had the same idea as me. It seems rather simple ... keep the same seige engine cost but tack on an ammo cost. 1 Supply is 2 shots with whatever engine. Seige's shouldn't be filled with 10+ engines per side firing unlimited bolts etc into/out of a keep ... it turns it into a Seige engine war where tacticly the strongest position is to bring more engines. Great Example .... there was a stand off near a Supply camp, my mates and I loaded down with Catapults; we built 4-5 just for the push ... because there was no reason not to.

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119

The short silly quest fillers or small events some are rediculous stupid and just fillers i don't want those in GW2 game is just to good to have them.

Unbalanced WvW where one server in notime own all four maps thats STUPID and nobody likes that even winner don't like that.

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4