Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On a global scale.

OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

So, after this second beta test, how do you guys think the game is completed as a percentage? Don’t mind the missing content. Just an overall assessment.

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

Comments

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Over 9000.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

%92.434, i think it is ready :P. They will have to polish from now on, they tested all the mechanics they want to test, so i say 3rd BWE will be the last if the game is not released :)

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

If the Sylvari and Asura areas are already done (and I suspect they are, since press people played in them in the internal dev build), I'd say it's abour 80% done. All we need is matching voiceovers, some extra performance tweaks and a nice round of bug squashing.

The game felt very solid during this last BWE. I can't imagine it being too far away, at this point.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

85%

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

There are still things to fix. Some balancing of course, but some glitched quests, fail voiceovers,  and some various little bugs. I would say that they are a good month from offering a release date. Next BWE will tell.

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

Nice feed Strix. Thanks :)

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

About 85-90 percent.  Found and reported a few graphical glitches and reported a few bugs with the DEs.  Otherwise, the game runs pretty well.  I already run 40-60+ right now. (O/c'd 4.6 i7 2600)  I just cannot imagine how it will run once it is optimized. 

BOOYAKA!

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Played BW1,Stress Test & BWE2.... and they are still adjusting and redesigning things....

Game seems pretty solid & finished to me, only a good optimization left.....

...but they could keep "itineraiting" forever.......................................................................................

I hope they come out with a "reasonable" build for their own expectations & release the game!

It´s almost finished...they could just launch & still patching like all the rest do...

Seems finished enough to do so.

My Global Percent90%

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99

Just need some optimization and is ready...

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

We all know it is only 60% complete that is only zones and races. Missing a lot of the MMO features it needs to be a great game.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

We all know it is only 60% complete that is only zones and races. Missing a lot of the MMO features it needs to be a great game.

Missing MMO features? which ones ?¿?¿?¿?¿?

let me guess.... mounts? LFG tool?   Raids?................

jezzzz

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

I'd say it's about 75% complete or so. There seem to be a lot of random bugs everywhere, ranging from transparent rocks to incorrect skill descriptions. I expect the game will get released before it reaches 100%.

I don't see what MMO features it's missing. It's massive, it's persistent.

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152

The game have really a lot of problems but looks like the fanboys cant see any of them. 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Irus

I'd say it's about 75% complete or so. There seem to be a lot of random bugs everywhere, ranging from transparent rocks to incorrect skill descriptions. I expect the game will get released before it reaches 100%.

I don't see what MMO features it's missing. It's massive, it's persistent.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Ovum

So, after this second beta test, how do you guys think the game is completed as a percentage? Don’t mind the missing content. Just an overall assessment.

SInce I was one of the people with a gtx gpu that was having a ton of issues, I think they have a bit of work to do.  Suggesting users drop their gpu clock speed by 20% isn't good.

I did very little PVP, but that seemed ok if not underpopluated(on my side!).  It will likely do very well.

3 of 5 starting areas are done, so 60% ready?

What is the long term plan?  What do I do month after month after reaching cap?  What will keep it fresh?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Well considering it has been being put together for about 5 years at this point I would say about 97%. If you are saying anything less than 75% than it wont be ready for a couple more years! noooooo

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774
    Originally posted by waynejr2

3 of 5 starting areas are done, so 60% ready?

The starting area are more or less done already, they are just not making them available in the BWE's...

What is the long term plan?  What do I do month after month after reaching cap?  What will keep it fresh?

The game is not designed around reaching the level cap, the game is supposed to start at level 1. There should be enough content for most people to not be able to finish it before an expansion comes around. I'm not sure what you mean by "fresh".

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by Eletheryl

The game have really a lot of problems but looks like the fanboys cant see any of them. 

Enumerate them and then we can talk.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima

If the Sylvari and Asura areas are already done (and I suspect they are, since press people played in them in the internal dev build), I'd say it's abour 80% done. All we need is matching voiceovers, some extra performance tweaks and a nice round of bug squashing.

The game felt very solid during this last BWE. I can't imagine it being too far away, at this point.

80% seems to be a pretty good number.

There are a lot of things that need to be ironed out, bust most seem to be fairly minor. My biggest gripes with the last build were:

1) Broken Skillpoint challenges. These have always been there since earlier betas, but it seems like with every build there are at least a few skillpoint challenges that don't work. I don't know if this is an intentional thing, but it is definitely something that needs to be fixed.

2) Population balancing. I never thought this was an issue until this last BWE. HOLY CRAP was the population balance horrid. It was so bad that one server literally had like 99% of the WvW maps, and the other 2 servers only had 1 outpost each. This won't fly at launch.

3) Class balancing. Overall most classes seem to be in a decent spot, except:

- Mesmers still need some love

- Engineers still need some love

- Pet AI is still wonky, for both the ranger and necro.

Definitely needs to all be fixed prior release.

4) Spawn pacing. Some of the mobs just spawn way too fast. Some of the events got to the point where if I wasn't continuously killing things in 1-2 seconds, I would have mobs spawning on my that I had previous killed. I think that, with the exception of a few events, mobs need to spawn about 50-100% slower.

Other than that, I'd say the game is pretty close. Most of the other things are fairly minor / nitpicky. There are some annoying glitches / bugs (i.e. killing harpy nests, and being stuck in an invisible corridor). I submitted as many bug reports as I could, I hope they get worked out.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    WvW will always have population woes I'm thinking but it doesn't always matter. The first day I was on Darkhaven and even though every battleground had a queue, the Crystal Desert held every objective on all four maps. We were literally pinned to our spawn keeps by huge zergs.

I'd say one more BWE next month and then another month until launch. 87%

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• MustBeBadMustBeBad Member Posts: 74

For me 95%, and I'll be glad if they don't show us more.(Asura and Sylvari for release)

Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima

80% seems to be a pretty good number.

There are a lot of things that need to be ironed out, bust most seem to be fairly minor. My biggest gripes with the last build were:

1) Broken Skillpoint challenges. These have always been there since earlier betas, but it seems like with every build there are at least a few skillpoint challenges that don't work. I don't know if this is an intentional thing, but it is definitely something that needs to be fixed.

2) Population balancing. I never thought this was an issue until this last BWE. HOLY CRAP was the population balance horrid. It was so bad that one server literally had like 99% of the WvW maps, and the other 2 servers only had 1 outpost each. This won't fly at launch.

3) Class balancing. Overall most classes seem to be in a decent spot, except:

- Mesmers still need some love

- Engineers still need some love

- Pet AI is still wonky, for both the ranger and necro.

Definitely needs to all be fixed prior release.

4) Spawn pacing. Some of the mobs just spawn way too fast. Some of the events got to the point where if I wasn't continuously killing things in 1-2 seconds, I would have mobs spawning on my that I had previous killed. I think that, with the exception of a few events, mobs need to spawn about 50-100% slower.

Other than that, I'd say the game is pretty close. Most of the other things are fairly minor / nitpicky. There are some annoying glitches / bugs (i.e. killing harpy nests, and being stuck in an invisible corridor). I submitted as many bug reports as I could, I hope they get worked out.

My thoughts are different then. That means it should take about 1.25 more years to complete, and I hope it doesn't, because I want it to release before Christmas! :)

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by feena750

85%

This^ 

I think there should be more refinement and tuning to the combat, events, crafting, etc.

• I actually had more problem this BWE.  On my mesmer my teleport backward ability was not working right most of the time and I got smooshed under the map twice.

They seem to be adding significant content and changes.  I would say they won't be close to releasing until August or later.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

the only thing i want to see is first person view and really far third person view , and the use of GPUs.

in terms of game , i would say its ready.