Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improvements for third beta weekend.

RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115

Just got this e-mail from Funcom, they seem to have improved the game, too bad I can't check it out myself because I'm on holiday that weekend (my laptop doesn't run games very well, especially not graphically demanding ones):

The third Beta Weekend for The Secret World starts on June 15th, and for nearly three days you will get to explore and enjoy more of the game than ever before.

If you have the client already installed: start the game and it will patch to the latest version. If you do not have it installed you can download the client from your account page.

Your adventures in this Beta Weekend will take you beyond Kingsmouth and into a massive new region known as The Savage Coast. Here you will soon discover that the very gates of hell have opened up, inviting you into an epic dungeon experience known as 'Hell Raised'. But that's not the only dungeon available; a wrecked supertanker known as 'The Polaris' has been spotted off the coast of Solomon Island.

The game has received significant enhancements since the last Beta Weekend, with improved content, gameplay mechanics and performance. In addition you will get to experience the updated combat system as well as full DirectX 11 graphics! We are very excited to share all this with you.

The Secret World Beta Weekend #3: Hell Raised starts at 9am PST on June 15th and lasts until 11.59pm PST on June 17th.

See you in hell!

Comments

• DarkDemon69DarkDemon69 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by RagnorMalak

Just got this e-mail from Funcom, they seem to have improved the game, too bad I can't check it out myself because I'm on holiday that weekend (my laptop doesn't run games very well, especially not graphically demanding ones):

The third Beta Weekend for The Secret World starts on June 15th, and for nearly three days you will get to explore and enjoy more of the game than ever before.

If you have the client already installed: start the game and it will patch to the latest version. If you do not have it installed you can download the client from your account page.

Your adventures in this Beta Weekend will take you beyond Kingsmouth and into a massive new region known as The Savage Coast. Here you will soon discover that the very gates of hell have opened up, inviting you into an epic dungeon experience known as 'Hell Raised'. But that's not the only dungeon available; a wrecked supertanker known as 'The Polaris' has been spotted off the coast of Solomon Island.

The game has received significant enhancements since the last Beta Weekend, with improved content, gameplay mechanics and performance. In addition you will get to experience the updated combat system as well as full DirectX 11 graphics! We are very excited to share all this with you.

The Secret World Beta Weekend #3: Hell Raised starts at 9am PST on June 15th and lasts until 11.59pm PST on June 17th.

See you in hell!

If it is the same beta build as CB get ready for the forums to burn down

• SincrestSincrest Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by DarkDemon69

See you in hell!

What that supposed to mean is it good or bad.

• RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115

See you in hell!

Why? Couple of days ago I read a post from a guy who is in CB, who told us that the CB client indeed has improved a lot over the client that was used for the previous Beta weekends.

See you in hell!

Why? Couple of days ago I read a post from a guy who is in CB, who told us that the CB client indeed has improved a lot over the client that was used for the previous Beta weekends.

Well individual experience may vary but theyve lost lots of cb testers over the game breaking bugs the last 2 weeks

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

LOL. Then they weren't very good testers... The whole reason they are CD participants is so they can experience the bugs, report them, and hopefully Funcom can get them fixed by the weekend events...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Well individual experience may vary but theyve lost lots of cb testers over the game breaking bugs the last 2 weeks

Those who quit a CB due to bugs are those why a game releases with said bugs. CB is specifically done for finding those bugs, report them and generally try to break the game.

Originally posted by fldash

LOL. Then they weren't very good testers... The whole reason they are CD participants is so they can experience the bugs, report them, and hopefully Funcom can get them fixed by the weekend events...

A lot have quit because the devs have straight up told people they arent fixing these bugs. The devs are rude to people who point out bugs, ya people want to test for people who ignore the players.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by fldash LOL. Then they weren't very good testers... The whole reason they are CD participants is so they can experience the bugs, report them, and hopefully Funcom can get them fixed by the weekend events...
    A lot have quit because the devs have straight up told people they arent fixing these bugs. The devs are rude to people who point out bugs, ya people want to test for people who ignore the players.

Doesn't match my experience.

Originally posted by Yalexy

Originally posted by fldash LOL. Then they weren't very good testers... The whole reason they are CD participants is so they can experience the bugs, report them, and hopefully Funcom can get them fixed by the weekend events...

Good for you, youll be singing a different tune june 29th.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Sounds like the AoC beta, some of the devs were pretty blunt with feedback in a way that came across as they didn't care what the testers thought as they had their own plans.

Originally posted by Kabaal

Sounds like the AoC beta, some of the devs were pretty blunt with feedback in a way that came across as they didn't care what the testers thought as they had their own plans.

Sounds exactly like it, for instance they said they would ignore a bug that affected 3000 people to fix a bug that affected 5000 and continued on that if they lost those 3k oh well theyll be others.

Calling bullshit. Screenshots or it didn't happen. And there is a difference between players reporting bugs and asking for core design changes because they don't like the way certain features work. Devs have the right to respond to the latter, with 'Sorry, that goes against our design philosophy, it's staying the way it is'. Even Guild Wars 2 devs have began doing that...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

Calling bullshit. Screenshots or it didn't happen. And there is a difference between players reporting bugs and asking for core design changes because they don't like the way certain features work. Devs have the right to respond to the latter, with 'Sorry, that goes against our design philosophy, it's staying the way it is'. Even Guild Wars 2 devs have began doing that...

Asking them to fix the dxllwin32 error that crashes everyone is a core game change? Wow just wow

Originally posted by Kabaal Originally posted by DarkDemon69 Originally posted by fldash LOL. Then they weren't very good testers... The whole reason they are CD participants is so they can experience the bugs, report them, and hopefully Funcom can get them fixed by the weekend events...
    Sounds exactly like it, for instance they said they would ignore a bug that affected 3000 people to fix a bug that affected 5000 and continued on that if they lost those 3k oh well theyll be others.

That is called prioritizing. It doesn't mean they will never fix the bug affecting 3k. Of course you are going to affect the bugs that affect the most people first...

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

^^^ This. Spot on.

Asking them to fix the dxllwin32 error that crashes everyone is a core game change? Wow just wow
    Please tell me where I said that? I have no idea what they are asking to be fixed or what bugs you are talking about. I'm not in closed beta. I'm simply stating that sometimes testers think that they can tell developers how to design a game when the developers have spent years hammering down the design they are playing. It's not that simple.

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

i system crashed alot last 2 betas. hops they fixed that.

no other game has that problem that i run.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

See you in hell!

huh? where do you get this BS info?

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Originally posted by RagnorMalak Just got this e-mail from Funcom, they seem to have improved the game, too bad I can't check it out myself because I'm on holiday that weekend (my laptop doesn't run games very well, especially not graphically demanding ones):   The third Beta Weekend for The Secret World starts on June 15th, and for nearly three days you will get to explore and enjoy more of the game than ever before. If you have the client already installed: start the game and it will patch to the latest version. If you do not have it installed you can download the client from your account page. Your adventures in this Beta Weekend will take you beyond Kingsmouth and into a massive new region known as The Savage Coast. Here you will soon discover that the very gates of hell have opened up, inviting you into an epic dungeon experience known as 'Hell Raised'. But that's not the only dungeon available; a wrecked supertanker known as 'The Polaris' has been spotted off the coast of Solomon Island. The game has received significant enhancements since the last Beta Weekend, with improved content, gameplay mechanics and performance. In addition you will get to experience the updated combat system as well as full DirectX 11 graphics! We are very excited to share all this with you. The Secret World Beta Weekend #3: Hell Raised starts at 9am PST on June 15th and lasts until 11.59pm PST on June 17th. See you in hell!
    huh? where do you get this BS info?
    He's pissed off because the devs haven't fixed some bug that's affecting him...

• WookieebobWookieebob Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by Yalexy

Same here.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

agree
    that is such BS...i've contacted funcom support on 3 different occasions...they were promp, effective, and very courteous.

Please tell me where I said that? I have no idea what they are asking to be fixed or what bugs you are talking about. I'm not in closed beta. I'm simply stating that sometimes testers think that they can tell developers how to design a game when the developers have spent years hammering down the design they are playing. It's not that simple.

Well they can fix it by launch or suffer the consequences

Originally posted by fldash   Originally posted by DarkDemon69 Originally posted by fldash   Originally posted by DarkDemon69 Originally posted by fldash LOL. Then they weren't very good testers... The whole reason they are CD participants is so they can experience the bugs, report them, and hopefully Funcom can get them fixed by the weekend events...
    Well they can fix it by launch or suffer the consequences

Ultimatums are for the weak and immature. I personally hope they don't so I never have to chance to run into you in game...

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

Just watching how you are replying to the posters in this forum leaves me with the impression that you are hostile with your responses. The developers are in a tough enough position without having to treat the CB testers with gentle responses. Suggestions in general are welcomed, threats and negativity are rarely responded with "we love you".

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

This is a lie. A simple search proved it. 

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?