Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The BWE2, what class did you like best POLL

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

We have had another hands on, so time for a new poll showing us everyones favorite classes so far.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I decided to give thief a solid playthrough in Structured PvP. They are extremely fun and interesting.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Warrior because it can pretty much do anything.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Usually, with a new mmo, I find a class that is just for me. So far, with GW2, I haven't found that class. I'm having a hard time really liking any of the classes, which is disappointing. So far I've played everything to 10-15 between the two betas except the guardian. I suppose of the ones I've played so far, the mesmer would be my choice because it seems to be a real busy class. Finding it really hard to get excited about a class. image I'm not one of those alt-aholics so finding just one class is very important to me.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by Tayah

Usually, with a new mmo, I find a class that is just for me. So far, with GW2, I haven't found that class. I'm having a hard time really liking any of the classes, which is disappointing. So far I've played everything to 10-15 between the two betas except the guardian. I suppose of the ones I've played so far, the mesmer would be my choice because it seems to be a real busy class. Finding it really hard to get excited about a class. image I'm not one of those alt-aholics so finding just one class is very important to me.

I entirely agree with you. This game would be great if they could figure out their classes. For now, every class I have played felt like they hadn't quite figured out how to utilize their own system properly. It's a little disapointing. 

I guess elementalist was my favorite because there is the most diversity, but it too feels like they haven't figured out how to make it all synergize

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

With some work the Guardian could be really good.  I understand it was much better in BWE1.

Made it to 11 as a thief but think it's kind of average.

Necro didn't seem necroie enough but I only played it a little.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• xholyaccxholyacc Member Posts: 57

played necro in pve and structured pvp. but i really love how necroes work in pvp. trying other classes but cant really feel the necroid touch ( i am not using any summon on pvp ), using staff ,tanking some damage using shroud, enemies comes to me , rape them with axe,

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Ele with staff, love the elements, lotsa possibilities, I'm in love with the Ele playstyle, challenging (squishy at low lvls but dodging helps a lot and dodging means fun!). Gonnabe my main at release, hard to get bored of it.

Others I enjoyed:
    Ranger with longbow, they still need to improve pet AI and it will be awesome.
    Necro with staff, I love playing with those marks, can't wait to get more minions.
    Mesmer with two 1H swords, my melee crush.
    Thief with shortbow and dagger+gun, love the playstyle.
    Engineer with rifle is surprisingly fun to play.
    I'm not a fan of melee classes in MMOs but Guardian with staff is lovely (mid-range).

Note: I only played low lvl PVE.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I usually dont like pet classes, but the ranger was fun.

I tried to do both sword and bow, but in the WvW, I found switching between shortbow and longbow very effective. My pet doesnt last very long tho...lol

The warrior is a good class, can use most weapons.

• warchantwarchant Member Posts: 69

I voted Ele. I hadn't yet tried an Ele and I found the variation of elements to be a nice mix. Having real range was nice as well. In WvW melee is a near death sentence in many situations. I got kills with my warrior but typically got destroyed quickly in retaliation by the hoards of invaders which I had to wade into to get a hit off.

It's actually a complaint I have, despite loving the ele, that there is too much ranged dps going on, particularly in the AOE area.

A guild group, with voice comms and a stratagy would help the situations, but melee is going to have a steep hill to climb in WvW.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by warchant

I voted Ele. I hadn't yet tried an Ele and I found the variation of elements to be a nice mix. Having real range was nice as well. In WvW melee is a near death sentence in many situations. I got kills with my warrior but typically got destroyed quickly in retaliation by the hoards of invaders which I had to wade into to get a hit off.

It's actually a complaint I have, despite loving the ele, that there is too much ranged dps going on, particularly in the AOE area.

A guild group, with voice comms and a stratagy would help the situations, but melee is going to have a steep hill to climb in WvW.

I think the idea is two switch between range and melee, when need.   I believe all classes can do both, and it just depends on what weapon is used.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Much to my surprise it was Thief and Guardian.

Didn't like Ele as much as I thought. So squishy and IMO he really doesn't make up with dmg for the squishyness, plus those 2000 different elemental attacks are really hard to memorize and manage, somehow. XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Necromancer! Dual dagger set up with Sceptor and Focus off-hand was a...

-snicker-

...virulent combination...

Being in the thick of it with Spectral Armor, AoE life stealing abilities, and Death Shroud ability with a second healthbar and MOAR AoE life steals!... it's glorious. Put down the cripples, dodge roll away and lay down conditions for days on ALL THE ENEMIES!

I am enjoying my time in the GW2 beta...  image

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

The only melee orientated type I tried was the thief, it was fun in its own way but not for me. After trying out all the squishier classes I finally decided on the engineer. Looks like I'll be one of the minority classes but it was fun for me. Suits my style of play perfectly, as long as they don't change it too much...

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

Played every class with the exception of Engineer for a couple of hours. Mesmer was hands down my favorite. I can understand why it's not getting a lot of love though, it took me sometime to find a build that could really holds its own (without broken illusionary unload). Lets hope they add some more variability for the next beta.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

to my suprise I sucked horribly with my favourite melle classes warrior and guarding

Easiest gameplay for me was with the engineer and necro

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I think the Elementist was the most diverse class.  Lots of choices for weapons and use of the elements. Really was fun to play.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Tried ele, ranger, and thief. Ranger was nice with the long bow and the variety of sword and off-hand attacks, but I enjoyed thief dagger/pistol and shortbow combo most.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by drel

I think the Elementist was the most diverse class.  Lots of choices for weapons and use of the elements. Really was fun to play.

Yes, elementalist has all sorts of options for attack. Getting my first dagger and realizing all of my attacks changed was quite the moment, since I equipped it and immediately started fighting again (first class I played) Just trying to figure out what weapon to unlock attacks with was fun. After elementalist, I created one of each class just to see what weapons/attack abilities they all had image

I try not to go the mage route in most games, but the elementalists definitely has a lot to offer, and being my first class made some of the others feel like they didn't have as much to offer.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Tried Elementalist, Ranger and Guardian. If I have to choose one I choose Guardian. Loved being able to party heal,buff,dps and tank at the same time. It required having lots of weapons on me though but not matter I loved it.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Warrior for me...  I was hoping the thief would be more fun... maybe I'll give it another shot next time.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

I like the ranger best sofar.

• angrymimeangrymime Member Posts: 154

Played mostly necro in bwe1 although I tried mesmer, thief, elementalist, and ranger.

In bwe2, I played all ranger and loved it.  Bears are great tanks.  Longbow for range and greatsword for down and dirty close up.  Great for soloing in pve and fun in pvp.  Will try other classes but I might have found a favorite.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Originally posted by waynejr2
    With some work the Guardian could be really good.  I understand it was much better in BWE1.Made it to 11 as a thief but think it's kind of average. Necro didn't seem necroie enough but I only played it a little.

In BWE1 and the stress test I got a guardian to 18.

In BWE2 I made a new guardian and got him to 24ish.

I didn't notice a difference other than the change in spending skill points that affected everyone.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

I really like the versatility a guardian has, it'll probably be my default 1st character to get through the content. I really loved Necro in GW1 but am less than impressed by it's current implementation.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i really enjoyed all the classes. what surprised me most was that when playing a warrior, i actually felt like a warrior. all those weapons that are available. and they weren't just fluff or pull weapons. i could easily hold my own with any of them. i also found this true of the thief class. being able to move from ranged stalker to in your face dual wield (double daggers or sword and dagger) was terrific.

options! i love it! finally someone's gotten around to removing the old staid boundaries that have kept certain classes locked up.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse