Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LotRO on Steam

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Just noticed Lord of the Rings Online is now available on Steam.

It joins some pretty good games like Everquest 2, Star Trek Online, APB, Fallen Earth, DC Universe & Global Agenda among others to form a pretty solid stable of free games for Steam users.

They've also released a Steam package for Lotro at 15 bucks that give three quest packs, xp boosts, mount and more. 

Many games have come to steam and seen success and hopefully Lotro will as well.

Steam exposes players to certain free games that they have yet to try or simply forgot about.

As of me writing this two thousand new players are logged in through Steam. Which is quite a large concurrent number for older game like Lotro. 

I personally like the game, so if anyone here comes across this and has yet to try the game check it out on Steam or just goto the normal web site.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165

i've been playing for years and REALLY enjoyed it. Still dabble quite a bit. 

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

It has definitely provided a bump to the population. Quite a few low levels running around Bree the past couple of days.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Yep it's a great boost.

It's already jumped both Star Trek Online and DC universe in the popularity list and has the Number 1 selling DLC in the f2p category.

To many here that doesnt mean much because they consider STO & DCU failed games but on steam those games have thousands of dedicated supporters.. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing