Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Negative Feedback

RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,219Member Uncommon

From what I can tell, I have read poor reviews for Diablo 3 since launch. I have not played the game yet but I really enjoyed Diablo 2. I have some extra cash now and am considering Diablo 3, but from what I am reading on a multitude of different gaming sites there is no reason to purchase it.

Are there any redeeming qualities of Diablo 3 to ever warrant a purchase? Personally any game that is not at least 10 hours long on normal is not worth $60 unless it does something new and innovative or has an amazing story. I do not consider higher difficulty settings additional features btw in case anyone feels the need to add hours to the game by way of difficulty setting.

TLDR: Is Diablo 3 worth a purchase?

P.S. Has anyone tried Torchlight 2, I am wondering if the features and gameplay are comparable if not better then Diablos

Comments

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 New York, NYPosts: 884Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

From what I can tell, I have read poor reviews for Diablo 3 since launch. I have not played the game yet but I really enjoyed Diablo 2. I have some extra cash now and am considering Diablo 3, but from what I am reading on a multitude of different gaming sites there is no reason to purchase it.

Are there any redeeming qualities of Diablo 3 to ever warrant a purchase? Personally any game that is not at least 10 hours long on normal is not worth $60 unless it does something new and innovative or has an amazing story. I do not consider higher difficulty settings additional features btw in case anyone feels the need to add hours to the game by way of difficulty setting.

TLDR: Is Diablo 3 worth a purchase?

P.S. Has anyone tried Torchlight 2, I am wondering if the features and gameplay are comparable if not better then Diablos

The pure gameplay itself is fun, but too many intentional design decsions that take you out of the game or detract from the fun ruined it. If money is a concern I definitly say hold off and get Torchlight 2 for 20 dollars.

• cdtcplcdtcpl Las Vegas, NVPosts: 6Member

Some people don't like certain features of D3, and in todays gaming world that seems to equal "the worst game ever made".  The reality is that the game is very good, it is well polished, and fairly balanced between classes.  There are some issues currently with lag and random disconnects, but I have never experienced one.  This appears to be mostly caused by the unexpected boom of how popular this game is.  

I prefer it over TL, and I am really enjoying playing in hardcore.  Go into this game knowing it is not D2 or TL and you will probably find a game that is fun and gets more challenging as you play.  

I'm sure someone will blast my post and point to all the issues they have with the game, but I find the issues to fairly minor.

I will bring up the largest issue most have, it requires you to be online to play, there is no offline mode.  So if that is a sticking point for you then you will not want to get this game.  I do find it funny so many people on an MMO forum want an offline mode when pretty much every other game on this site requires online connection to play.

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common

no one can really answer this but yourself

youve seen user reviews and are apprehensive

try it at a friends home, take a plunge w your $60.00, or just wait for now until D3 sees some improvements

• teabagteabag london, AKPosts: 118Member

Almost bought D3 but now we are am so glad and did not bought D3 thank to a friend who is really pissed-off and wanted his refund. He save 3 of us into embarassment and an all time idiots.

That what friends are for.

• baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,836Member Uncommon

get a guest pass or whatever they are called and try it yourself. personally, i never make my decisions on a game based on what people say on the forums because most of it is emotion filled ranting and not a fair and reasonable opinion on the actual game itself.

i will say this though, the game definitely lacks in the endgame department, it needs pvp to hurry up and launch.

once that happens there will actually be a reason to level up and gear alts which adds a lot more replayability.