Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Zeni Max Releases New Trailer for E3

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by falc0n
    What slampig said....the game was just barely announced too so them showing this at E3 is nothing to cry about. UFC didn't show any gameplay either but I bet its going to be amazing.

ufc has not been in development for 5 years.

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

While this game done the way I would like it done would be the ultimate for an Elder Scrolls fan like myself. Any one of you. I mean EVERYONE of you who think that's what you're going to get is just plain delusional.  We look to the past for a reason. To put in perspective the present and to evaluate claims made.  

Buzz Word Checklist

- Incredibly Assessable

- We have allot of features planned

- The world actually changes. It's dynamic and you make it change

- Real time combat, Active, Reactive

- Quest the way you want to

- Explore the way you want to explore

- Play the game how you want to play the game

- Not on rails. Open exploration

I mean look. This isn't rocket science to anyone with even the smallest understanding of Sociology, Psychology and just general Marketing techniques. There are some like myself and quite frankly should be many who can listen to Paul Sage and just hear the the PR bullshit pour from his lips. Paul, no offence sir but I suggest you hire someone that is at lest a bit savvy at PR science because you are not qualified to play the game with me. 

The only thing this game has going for it is the IP and that's actually a liability with a IP of this popularity because the hype from the kids will certainly never be fulfilled. Just come out and say, look, if we sell 5 million copies and get those people to sub for 90 days after the first free 30 we will have made a huge return on our investment. I can get on board with that. The rest is just straight up bullshit.

I love the IP, Bethesda and ZeniMax. However, treating me like an idiot with all the same old, recycled BS is just laughable. 

Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by falc0n
    What slampig said....the game was just barely announced too so them showing this at E3 is nothing to cry about. UFC didn't show any gameplay either but I bet its going to be amazing.

ufc has not been in development for 5 years.

The fact that he would need that pointed out to him tells you everything you need to know. Not to mention pointing it out will have no bearing on his future methods used to form such opinions.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by xr00t3dx

While this game done the way I would like it done would be the ultimate for an Elder Scrolls fan like myself. Any one of you. I mean EVERYONE of you who think that's what you're going to get is just plain delusional.  We look to the past for a reason. To put in perspective the present and to evaluate claims made.  

Buzz Word Checklist

- Incredibly Assessable

I mean look. This isn't rocket science to anyone with even the smallest understanding of Sociology, Psychology and just general Marketing techniques. There are some like myself and quite frankly should be many who can listen to Paul Sage and just hear the the PR bullshit pour from his lips. Paul, no offence sir but I suggest you hire someone that is at lest a bit savvy at PR science because you are not qualified to play the game with me. 

The only thing this game has going for it is the IP and that's actually a liability with a IP of this popularity because the hype from the kids will certainly never be fulfilled. Just come out and say, look, if we sell 5 million copies and get those people to sub for 90 days after the first free 30 we will have made a huge return on our investment. I can get on board with that. The rest is just straight up bullshit.

I love the IP, Bethesda and ZeniMax. However, treating me like an idiot with all the same old, recycled BS is just laughable. 

It could be worse, it could have been paul barnet, who would go as far as saying this game is the bestest game evarrr and all other elder scrolls games are crap.

• mmaizemmaize Member Posts: 274

Buzz Word Checklist

- Incredibly Assessable

+2...And omg will the fanbois of anything that pops up on their radar please shut up.  Stop building up the game, try letting the game prove something to you other than with a trailer instead.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Show gameplay or dont make a trailer.

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323

Did Zenimax just troll themselves with that waste of money?

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Need to see some gameplay....

Originally posted by Istavaan

Buzz Word Checklist

- Incredibly Assessable

It could be worse, it could have been paul barnet, who would go as far as saying this game is the bestest game evarrr and all other elder scrolls games are crap.

:) That is certainly true. 

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I just don't get why have such a boring CG? If you wanted to impress us with a CG at least have a bit of action going on or something!

Smile

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by mmaize

Buzz Word Checklist

- Incredibly Assessable

+2...And omg will the fanbois of anything that pops up on their radar please shut up.  Stop building up the game, try letting the game prove something to you other than with a trailer instead.

RAWR RAWR RAWR -2.

And omg will the haters of anything that pops up on their radar please shut up. Stop shooting the game down, and try letting the game develope rather than hate cause of a trailer.

See how stupid that sounds? People get excited, there is nothing wrong with it, if it gets your panties up in a bunch then don't follow TES:O. I'm not trying to go fanboi status, I probably won't get the game at launch, I probably won't get the game, but I will watch/let it develope without criticizing every step of the way because it's not the game I had imagined.

the game isn't a new piece of cake, but it looks to maybe have some different frosting, maybe some different filling as well. All i know is this.

-I hate traditional quest hub, so if this has it, not my $60.

-I love 3 factions-SEPERATE factions (Not mirrored copies SW:TOR status)

-I love 3 faction PvP (DAoC for 7 years, it's the bread and butter of this game)

-Open world dungeons - Never been my cup of tea, but MUCH better than instancing poo.

-Not excited for forced races in each of the factions - Doesn't really feel right right now, but like I said, I will let it grow.

-IT IS NOT (is in NO) using the Hero Engine - And if it does (for some laughable reason) don't expect me to buy it at launch.

-Traditional combat, limited H-bar - This i like in my MMO's, but ONLY in my MMO's, I don't want full action combat for a slower moving game type, i play FPS for fast combat BUT! Don't make it too slow, a little more action oriented won't hurt anything.

-It is made by a dev that i have liked his contents, i loved DAoC, Firor helped make that love, its not like i praise the guy, but i will give him his shot at it.

-It is TES franchise, and for that i'm excited and not, reason being, lots of people will bitch and whine cause it isn't a Skyrim MMO. Well i'm sorry but I don't think Skyrim MMO would float very long, the mechanics don't work in MMO settings, atleast in my opinion.

Will i buy? Probably not. I just got into EvE (LOVING IT), and got GW2 around the corner, I think between the 2 I will be covered for a long time to come, but I will watch this game from time to time, checking in to see what eff ups or good things they've done.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    If your gonna follow blizz formula at least make an epic trailer, so interest can grow..
  • mmaizemmaize Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by Wolvards

Buzz Word Checklist

- Incredibly Assessable

RAWR RAWR RAWR -2.

And omg will the haters of anything that pops up on their radar please shut up. Stop shooting the game down, and try letting the game develope rather than hate cause of a trailer.

See how stupid that sounds? People get excited, there is nothing wrong with it, if it gets your panties up in a bunch then don't follow TES:O. I'm not trying to go fanboi status, I probably won't get the game at launch, I probably won't get the game, but I will watch/let it develope without criticizing every step of the way because it's not the game I had imagined.

the game isn't a new piece of cake, but it looks to maybe have some different frosting, maybe some different filling as well. All i know is this.

-I love 3 faction PvP (DAoC for 7 years, it's the bread and butter of this game)

-Open world dungeons - Never been my cup of tea, but MUCH better than instancing poo.

-Not excited for forced races in each of the factions - Doesn't really feel right right now, but like I said, I will let it grow.

-IT IS NOT (is in NO) using the Hero Engine - And if it does (for some laughable reason) don't expect me to buy it at launch.

-Traditional combat, limited H-bar - This i like in my MMO's, but ONLY in my MMO's, I don't want full action combat for a slower moving game type, i play FPS for fast combat BUT! Don't make it too slow, a little more action oriented won't hurt anything.

-It is made by a dev that i have liked his contents, i loved DAoC, Firor helped make that love, its not like i praise the guy, but i will give him his shot at it.

-It is TES franchise, and for that i'm excited and not, reason being, lots of people will bitch and whine cause it isn't a Skyrim MMO. Well i'm sorry but I don't think Skyrim MMO would float very long, the mechanics don't work in MMO settings, atleast in my opinion.

Will i buy? Probably not. I just got into EvE (LOVING IT), and got GW2 around the corner, I think between the 2 I will be covered for a long time to come, but I will watch this game from time to time, checking in to see what eff ups or good things they've done.

Really?  Rawr?? A Cake analogy?  What you know is pretty much nothing.  There is nothing wrong with getting excited about something worth getting excited about.  There is something wrong with getting excited (like most people with no foresight) about something that they only saw the very surface of.  There's been plenty of awesome movie trailers too and the movie outright sucked.

Some of the things you mentioned I like too, some of them not.  But just as you yourself ended with it's not enough to buy therefore not enough to warrant the hype generating from trailers.  The entire community base needs to stop letting the tail wag the dog.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Trailers LOOK pretty and all but they do not represent how the game will actually appear or play. Sometimes the represent what some of the classes might look like but not always. Trailers are intended to generate hype but not give a true representation of gameplay.

With that said, if this were shown to me and I did not know the name of the game already I would never have guessed Elder Scrolls. To me, looks nothing like ES in any way. I think that the company that did this did a very poor job of representing the ES mythos. I would like to think that this game is going to be something like what we have come to expect in previos ES games but in MMO context. Unfortunately, I have yet to see it. Not raining on the parade....just saying that I will wait to see more info before making a final judgement.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Another ThemePark. *yawn*

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Aw swel! Generic fantasy RPG world #257 coming our way. Yippee!

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Game comes out next year.. that was one of the weakest trailers I have ever seen.

Buzz Word Checklist

- Incredibly Assessable

RAWR RAWR RAWR -2.

Really?  Rawr?? A Cake analogy?  What you know is pretty much nothing.  There is nothing wrong with getting excited about something worth getting excited about.  There is something wrong with getting excited (like most people with no foresight) about something that they only saw the very surface of.  There's been plenty of awesome movie trailers too and the movie outright sucked.

Some of the things you mentioned I like too, some of them not.  But just as you yourself ended with it's not enough to buy therefore not enough to warrant the hype generating from trailers.  The entire community base needs to stop letting the tail wag the dog.

(Sorry, i should state that i am using a form of sarcasm in both these posts, Hard to tell in writing, apologies)

While I agree, I don't think the thing to do is just HATE the game. What if this game is good? But you hate it cause "The entire community needs to stop letting the tail wag the dog"? I'm not stoked for this game, but it does have some stuff i could enjoy, and others i may not.

Don't slam a game cause it isn't your precious Skyrim MMO with FPS mechanics all into a seamless world.

I mean hell, with your attitude i should hate AA, EoC, TES:O, MWO, Salem, Any game coming out in the next 2 years, cause we "are tired of getting crappy games". There is a lot  of games i'm looking forward to in the next couple years.

And for the cake analogy, hells yeah, Frosting is your look, insides the real mechanics, it works perfectly!

Rawr was cause the fanboi comment, I think it's a little too early to determine who is fanboi and who isn't (with exceptions of course, some people to go a little too far too soon), but it IS far enough in to tell who is hating it for TES title.

It's one thing to disagree with a dev's choices, but to completley slam a fanbase because you keep getting suckered into these new games and it isn't what you wanted, doesn't mean that the rest of us haven't. I'm not saying you have, but that is what it sounds like.

(you did kind of slam TES:O positive fanbase already)

Have the last few AAA releases been good? Not really no. But i remember back a few years ago i felt the same in the FPS scene, CoD 5 sucked ass, and BF2 wasn't spectacular, I didn't even care for MW2(?) i think it was at that time as well. I never cared for Gears of War, but now i got BF3 and GR:FS so that scene picked up. (maybe COD:BO2, doubtful though)

What's my point? Sometimes genres get in a rut, and I think that is all we are in. Devs are changing things little by little, GW2 is a start, AA is another, EoC completely different. We have 3 games presumably in the next 2-3 years that could possibly set roots in the ground for developers of larger corporations to notice that hey, this is getting stale.

Will TES:O do this? I don't know! That is what i'm saying. WE DON'T KNOW YET! There is so much assumption following this game it's incredible. Hero engine is a good example, WoW clone ground up is another. We don't really have much info on this game yet, they are giving sneak peaks and limited previews, not full on here is what we got! I think both sides need to back off a little, TES:O will be what TES:O has been for the last 5 years, it WILL piss some people off, and it MIGHT pull some away from WoW. Will it kill WoW? No that's blizzards job, no one else's.

Anyways.... I'm not trying to flame or berate you, i'm just tired of every game getting ragged on day one, or the other way around. Take a piece of your own medicine and let it grow before hating it toooooo much. Maybe one day I will have to join you image THAT depends on what the devs do.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

Buzz Word Checklist

- Incredibly Assessable

RAWR RAWR RAWR -2.

wtf are you talking about it does use the hero engine they even said it does, they havent mentioned it lately because they know the hero engine has a shitty reputation.  but if you look back far enough they said the game is in fact using the hero engine. the ingame screenshot they showed a while back was compared  side by side to a swtor gameplay screenshot and it looked exactly the same

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by theJexster

All CG and no gameplay, going the Blizzard route in this aspect as well I see.

There is a reason Blizz and SWTOR never put gameplay in ads ;)

Yes. Its sad that Blizzards World of Warcraft never really caught on... Perhaps if they had put some game play in their trailers it would have helped.... ^^  I quite enjoy CGI trailers if they are well done.  I'll form my own opinion on game play from playing the game.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

I really have to hand it to the "sandbox is the future" fanboys who have achieved their degrading of this entire forum goal with simple-minded statements on every MMO that gets announced.  Lets take a look at what zenimax has said vs. what the haters have said vs. what a veteran MMO player has said (myself).

• Zenimax: says will have three factions
    • Haters say its nothing new
    • Me: Its about damn time we saw this come back, getting tired of the whole good vs evil vibe (and I understand some MMO's lore demands it)

• Zenimax says will have public dungeons
    • Haters say nothing new again, and the same generic themepark concept is being repeated
    • Me: Again, tired of the Instanced BS, if it encourages social interaction and open world content I cant see why someone wouldn't be happy for it

• Zenimax says will have 3 faction open world pvp
    • Haters say its still not going to be special because its a themepark game
    • Me: one word:YES, as a pvp player especially looking forward to this, and once again- taking out the instanced BS, and encouraging social interaction

• Zenimax says ESO will not have traditional ES elements such as first person combat etc
    • Haters say: Man this is pathetic, they are turning the elder scrolls franchise into a WoW clone
    • Me: Well no kidding, this shouldn't suprise anyone who's ever played an MMO and im quite suprised it does.  If you want that type of game there will be the single player RPG Elder scrolls for it, they are bringing it into the Themepark MMO space and thats something one would expect when doing so.

Rage on gentlemen, rage on.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Some in-game footage.

Because single facepalm in not enough in this case.

Originally posted by gilgamesh42

Buzz Word Checklist

- Incredibly Assessable

RAWR RAWR RAWR -2.

wtf are you talking about it does use the hero engine they even said it does, they havent mentioned it lately because they know the hero engine has a shitty reputation.  but if you look back far enough they said the game is in fact using the hero engine. the ingame screenshot they showed a while back was compared  side by side to a swtor gameplay screenshot and it looked exactly the same

And then they said "Think of the Hero engine as a white-board. It takes a long time to make a game engine ground up, so the HERO engine allows us to get the game partially made, and test out some features while we are working on creating the game engine".

Actually, instead of typing out what i remember, how about i SIMPLY use google and do the legwork for you.....

Vua-La Leg work done, enjoy. 

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

FTP I am in. Sub game I am out.  I am having too much fun playing FTP games to pay for a sub.  They just announced the game, so I don't think we will see any in game footage for awhile...

• ResiaResia Member Posts: 119

Both trailers for this game have been just plain boring. De-hyping me more each time they come out.

"Because we all know the miracle patch fairy shows up the night before release and sprinkles magic dust on the server to make it allllll better." parrotpholk