Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

How is the grind limited in this game for a new player?

shenfreyshenfrey LeicesterPosts: 97Member

From what i see on their official page, we have many ways to level. We can do instant adventures, pvp and questing. Any other ways? And how effective are they, does it feel alot less grindy? 

 

Thanks guys : ) 

Comments

  • XssivXssiv Haskell, NJPosts: 359Member

    Currently, Instant Adventures aren't available til level 45.  Trion plans to open these up for all levels in the near future.

    Rift's leveling is pretty fast regardless but the traditional route does involve a lot of quest hubs.  I have a few alts and found that fastest way to level is a combination of questing, Warfronts (PvP) and dungeons.

    The Warfront queues pop really quick and you can get some great XP from them.  Dungeons queues take a little longer if your DPS but you can queue for both warfronts and the dungeon finder at the same time which is nice.

    Rifts themselves are also a great way to break up the questing and provide decent XP and rewards.

    I would also suggest finding a guild that caters to players of all levels so you can easily get some groups together for dungeons, rifts, etc.

    All in all, the game is pretty active right now and I think it's a great time to start playing.

  • teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member
    Originally posted by shenfrey

    From what i see on their official page, we have many ways to level. We can do instant adventures, pvp and questing. Any other ways? And how effective are they, does it feel alot less grindy? 

     

    Thanks guys : ) 

    Rift is the fastest game to the cap on the market, by a pretty large margin.  The questing is mediocre, but you go from location to location fast enough.  Also the invasions break up the monotony and yes, you can do the PvP thing to level up but if you are guardian you will lose most of the time.  But the leveling grind is really non existent since it happens so fast.

     

    The gear grind is pretty immense though, you will need tons of ISS.  One of the lightest leveling grinds, but probably the highest level cap grind.

  • GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Aberdeen, NCPosts: 252Member

    Surprise to see people not include world events. Rifts each give 5%-10% pretty much all the way up.

     

    Rift

  • ZippyZippy NY, NYPosts: 1,412Member

    The level and gear grind is very fast.

    One can  reach level 50 in 1-3 days played.

    Once hitting 50 one can be ready in an hour. or expert dungeons

    It only takes a few hours of running randoms to be ready for Tier 1 raids.  A few small peices will make one ready for the minimum requirements for HK.  Although it will likley take a few weeks to a few months for one to be actually useful.  It should take a new player roughly a month of running HK to become adequately geared to run ID.   There are so many pus running all 11 bosses in HK it is not hard to get gear.  RoS/DH/GP/ GSB are also easy to get because of the weekly raid quests.  The bigger challenge is findinga decent guild and friends that fits ones playstyle.  This will require an effort to group and socialize.

    A bigger grind will be your planar grind geting your Fire and Earth Engines along with any additional engines you want like Water, DPS, Tank, or Heal engines.

    The gear grind has really been shortened and its kind of sad.  But I guess it encouages new players, new 50's and casuals to get involved so its not all bad.

  • ereyethirnereyethirn KaiapoiPosts: 79Member
    Originally posted by Zippy

    The gear grind has really been shortened and its kind of sad.  But I guess it encouages new players, new 50's and casuals to get involved so its not all bad.

    Every mmo does this. It's so that everyone can have a chance to complete all the content no matter when they join the game. I love how they do this, however some games go a little ott with it... 

  • mCalvertmCalvert Tallahassee, FLPosts: 1,283Member
    Originally posted by Xssiv

    Currently, Instant Adventures aren't available til level 45.  Trion plans to open these up for all levels in the near future.

    Rift's leveling is pretty fast regardless but the traditional route does involve a lot of quest hubs.  I have a few alts and found that fastest way to level is a combination of questing, Warfronts (PvP) and dungeons.

    The Warfront queues pop really quick and you can get some great XP from them.  Dungeons queues take a little longer if your DPS but you can queue for both warfronts and the dungeon finder at the same time which is nice.

    Rifts themselves are also a great way to break up the questing and provide decent XP and rewards.

    I would also suggest finding a guild that caters to players of all levels so you can easily get some groups together for dungeons, rifts, etc.

    All in all, the game is pretty active right now and I think it's a great time to start playing.

    In my experience, warfronts do not pop quickly at lower levels, because there arent many people at lower levels, and only a fraction of them doing warfronts. Same with other group content. There simply isnt the population to support group leveling.

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    It's not a particularly grindy game. If you get bored of questing, just team up with a few people and run around closing rifts
Sign In or Register to comment.