Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are Tera's sub numbers so far?

13»

Comments

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

you can see easily how Tera is decrease in popularity check the hits numbers of MMORPG. the game everyday have less and less hits, bow is 3-4k per day here on MMORPG. this isnt important but is a factor where you can easy see the game decrease in popularity

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by p_c_sousa

you can see easily how Tera is decrease in popularity check the hits numbers of MMORPG. the game everyday have less and less hits, bow is 3-4k per day here on MMORPG. this isnt important but is a factor where you can easy see the game decrease in popularity

where did you check the hit numbers for games on mmorpg?

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    I live under constant stress and anxiety that an MMO I'm playing will be shut down soon after I started playing it. Nevermind Methuselahs like Vanguard keep chugging along .... all that INVESTMENT I made could disappear. I cannot afford to vest myself in anything. Heck if I get on a car it could crash and all the twinkies I've ever eaten will go to waste! ***********+**** I can't bear it anymore. I can't leave the house. What if all my efforts go to naught in the next earthquake? Oh, screw falling in love, she might ssomeday leave, or even die from old age......., I need my blankie.***************************** Carpe Diem
  • Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by Reas43
    I live under constant stress and anxiety that an MMO I'm playing will be shut down soon after I started playing it. Nevermind Methuselahs like Vanguard keep chugging along .... all that INVESTMENT I made could disappear. I cannot afford to vest myself in anything. Heck if I get on a car it could crash and all the twinkies I've ever eaten will go to waste! ***********+**** I can't bear it anymore. I can't leave the house. What if all my efforts go to naught in the next earthquake? Oh, screw falling in love, she might ssomeday leave, or even die from old age......., I need my blankie.***************************** Carpe Diem

HAH

I dont think I ever heard anyone on a website ask for a blankie......friggen awesome.

Hopefully Tera does well for those that enjoy it.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by hopenottaken

TERA is doing really bad in S Korea.

http://gametrics.com/news/News02_View.aspx?seqid=8023

TERA Online:
    April 2012 = 134,717
    May 2012 = 92,580 -31.3%

They're now sitting on 13 servers.

http://tera.hangame.com/sls.nhn

So I really hope it does better in NA/EU but I'm seriously worried.

That's not EXACTLY the best way to interpret Gametrics. Gametrics takes what's happening at the cafes in Korea. If you think about release dates, for example, April had no Diablo 3, May did. Diablo 3 is the most popular game in Korea as of right now. Obviously, Tera players will be playing that, especially in the month of May. Now, if the trend continues to decline, then yea, but as of right now, I wouldn't be worried.

Tera was top 10 on Gametrics pre Diablo 3, lingering around 8th.

EDIT: It's a huge decrease though. 

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Terronte
    Originally posted by fenistil

Not huge numbers, but like some other people said - this game does not suffer from mass quits - precisely because it was not hyped and 'merketted' to death.

It can sustain numbers or if game will develop in good direction - then even grow.

That's why it is better approach IMHO. 

After all - does it care if game have 200 k subs or 1 mln subs for player?  

I think it does matter if servers you playing on have good population, who cares if there is 10 or 80 servers?

I think the driving force behind subscription number threads is whether the game has a future, and if that future will be free to play.

If En Masse is financially viable with 4 or 5 servers with decent pop, it doesn't matter. It'd be my guess that it's a slow bleeding death with that low of a pop though.

Its also important to estimating how much the game will expand, as it ages.  I think that threshold is pretty high.  If a game does ok, but not that great, it usually won't get funded for major expansions and content additions.  What does get added will just be half-assed and minimal, because its all the skeleton crew dev team can manage.  It'll just stagnate.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by wormed

TERA Online:
    April 2012 = 134,717
    May 2012 = 92,580 -31.3%

That's not EXACTLY the best way to interpret Gametrics. Gametrics takes what's happening at the cafes in Korea. If you think about release dates, for example, April had no Diablo 3, May did. Diablo 3 is the most popular game in Korea as of right now. Obviously, Tera players will be playing that, especially in the month of May. Now, if the trend continues to decline, then yea, but as of right now, I wouldn't be worried.

Well, you can check the data gathered at Tera EU forums:

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=99103&page=16&p=1849348#post1849348

January = 1.077.445
    February = 1.079.674
    March = 564.725
    April = 397.543
    May = 308.155
    June = 240.460
    July = 183.989
    August = 186.347
    September = 162.045
    October = 144.491
    November = 153.413
    December = 153.364
    January = 155.204
    February = 149.241
    March = 143.053
    April = 134.717
    May = 92.580

I can only see ppl willing to jump off the ship at the slightest chance, say D3, GW2 or whatever. Going down from 37 servers to 13 in one year isn't something to be happy and it hasn't reached the bottom.

I can only foresee a massive server merge at the end of summer in KR, NA and EU.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

If I wasn't basically an MMO addict, and came accross boxes of SWTOR and TERA (assuming I could find a box in a store), and was interested in trying online games, you can bet your ass I'd be buying SWTOR.

I've seen boxes at Best Buy. Possibly micro center but sometimes it's all a blur.

Sad, I saw a total of two copies of TERA at my local Best Buy, but they almost went unnoticed except for the fact that I asked if they had any copies, just out of curiosity.  They come in slim DVD cases, and are almost invisible among the more decorative boxes for other titles.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=99103&page=16&p=1849348#post1849348

January = 1.077.445
    February = 1.079.674
    March = 564.725
    April = 397.543
    May = 308.155
    June = 240.460
    July = 183.989
    August = 186.347
    September = 162.045
    October = 144.491
    November = 153.413
    December = 153.364
    January = 155.204
    February = 149.241
    March = 143.053
    April = 134.717
    May = 92.580

I can only see ppl willing to jump off the ship at the slightest chance, say D3, GW2 or whatever. Going down from 37 servers to 13 in one year isn't something to be happy and it hasn't reached the bottom.

I can only foresee a massive server merge at the end of summer in KR, NA and EU.

Yea, it's in a sad state, which is unfortunate because I think overall, gameplay wise, it's far superior to GW2. I don't understand GW2's hype. ArcheAge please!

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Yea, it's in a sad state, which is unfortunate because I think overall, gameplay wise, it's far superior to GW2. I don't understand GW2's hype. ArcheAge please!

I've played both and prefer GW2 so far.

I'm hoping Tera gets better as I level.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

January = 1.077.445
    February = 1.079.674
    March = 564.725
    April = 397.543
    May = 308.155
    June = 240.460
    July = 183.989
    August = 186.347
    September = 162.045
    October = 144.491
    November = 153.413
    December = 153.364
    January = 155.204
    February = 149.241
    March = 143.053
    April = 134.717
    May = 92.580

These are Cafe numbers, while they tell a tale it's not concise information, and as you can see by what i've highlighted the game was in a stable state for a long time, the giant drop in the beginning was because they launched without content, then they kept patches flowing for a little while and the population went into a very slow decline for 10 months, only losing 27% of it's playerbase over that time.

But now it's been a while since a content update and D3 just launced and is consuming 35% of the entire countries playerbase in these Cafes right now.

Informaiton on QoA part 2 has officially been dropped in Korea as of two weeks ago and D3 hype is dying down, once it releases we can see where TERA stands.

For the sake of NA/EU TERA I hope it bounces back but i'm not really counting on it.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

TERA Online:
    April 2012 = 134,717
    May 2012 = 92,580 -31.3%

January = 1.077.445
    February = 1.079.674
    March = 564.725
    April = 397.543
    May = 308.155
    June = 240.460
    July = 183.989
    August = 186.347
    September = 162.045
    October = 144.491
    November = 153.413
    December = 153.364
    January = 155.204
    February = 149.241
    March = 143.053
    April = 134.717
    May = 92.580

Yeah, but did they pull a TOR n launch way too many servers to begin with, thus needing a correction before taking into account any losses?

I see the drop of over 90% for these numbers, but does that entail everything? Or simply a section of the population?

Hopefully things pan out for those enjoying themselves.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    Those numbers are global or regional specific?
  • A_hiA_hi Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by sodade21
    Those numbers are global or regional specific?

south korea afaik

but I'd wager it is the same in the west

• hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38

Bad news again from KTera:

Gametrics started to report on a weekly basis.

April = 134,717
    May = 92,580
    June 1st week = 67,931
    June 2nd week = 63,099

http://www.gametrics.com/news/News02_List.aspx

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Gametrics started to report on a weekly basis.

April = 134,717
    May = 92,580
    June 1st week = 67,931
    June 2nd week = 63,099

http://www.gametrics.com/news/News02_List.aspx

Lots of moon runes there!

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,549

Gametrics started to report on a weekly basis.April = 134,717May = 92,580June 1st week = 67,931June 2nd week = 63,099http://www.gametrics.com/news/News02_List.aspx

Sub numbers are going down the toilet because there is virtually nothing to do at endgame in Tera.

Also Ncsoft announced that Open Beta for Blade and Soul will start on June 21. Most Koreans are simply bored out of their minds and looking for something better. So most are dumping Tera to play B&S. I expect massive sub losses once B&S and ArchAge go live.

I like Tera but it doesn't look good right now.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

TERA Online:
    April 2012 = 134,717
    May 2012 = 92,580 -31.3%

AION is the most popular game in korea

nice try tho