Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new BIG client update

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Thanks for the heads up. Downloading now.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Forgot to throw in a thank you.  I downloaded and gave all of Unrepentant a heads up on the update.  So...

Thanks, man.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Definitely start the patch if you're on a slow connection... or find a friend who has the patched game and copy it to a 16GB or greater USB drive. Gw2.exe and Gw2.dat should be all you need.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

So there is an update after the 5 gig one, and that will reset all of your settings and adds Animation toning settings.

Oh also they added functionality for Logitech G series keyboards that came with LCD display.

=)

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• semantikronsemantikron Member Posts: 258

I'm hoping for art assets.  Seemed like the armor varieties that were in the BWE1 package might have been intentionally pared down to a minimum.  There was just something not right about dinging 20 and craftng a whole new set of gear, but still be wearing the exact same pixels as the level 1 stuff.

Charr: Outta my way.
    Human: What's your problem?
    Charr: Your thin skin.

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119

Arenanet says SURPRISE we implemented the SYLVARI/ASURA races hope you enjoy it...

...i wish hehe

But if its GPU improvement would be nice also.

Prolly also got to do with up to lvl35 and dungeons?

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by sammyeli

So there is an update after the 5 gig one, and that will reset all of your settings and adds Animation toning settings.

Oh also they added functionality for Logitech G series keyboards that came with LCD display.

I use a G19 keyboard, the very first thing I do when any game hijacks it's display is go into the settings and disable it. I wish there was some way to stop future programs taking over the display like that. All I want on my keyboards display is the memory and CPU usage, oh and FRAPS info when I'm running it. Everything else is pointless, who the hell has time to look down at the keyboard in the middle of a fight?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    Originally posted by Kuppa

apparently, theyve confirmed the game has been GPU-optimized for this build. o/

Any source?

some guy who messaged customer support about it, and they claim the game will be optimized for this weekend.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/04/arenanet-doubles-servers-for-beta-weekend-event/

If they have optimised the servers and the cients, they might be ready to announce reease date after this weekend if everything works out as planned.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Any source?

some guy who messaged customer support about it, and they claim the game will be optimized for this weekend.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/04/arenanet-doubles-servers-for-beta-weekend-event/

If they have optimised the servers and the cients, they might be ready to announce reease date after this weekend if everything works out as planned.

I'm hopeful of that as well. I figure if theis weekend event goes well, we could get the release date with in two weeks of the event, with the lead time between announcement and release of roughly 30 days.

I heard rumors today that they are now focused on analyzing and tweaking leveling speed at various level ranges, rather than features and content, as far as internal testing goes. If true, that seems like final pass development to me.

Of course, issues could arise during BWE2 and result in a delay, but I'm feeling more and more confident of a late July to Mid August launch.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Thanks for the info! Updating now!

Hope we will see a release date soon, as I am kinda tired of D3 and can't wait for GW2 :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Any source?

dont do thing like this man.....talking about release dates and stuff when not official, some may actually expect it now after this beta ;) hehe.

But like so many others i hope you are right :-)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by QSatu

So far it downloaded 2Gb but it's still downloading for me. So people with slow connections, you have 4 days. =]

Thanks for the heads-up for the new update. Started the patcher immediately.

And about time that the client is made GPU-optimized. It was rather annoying to have 15FPS everywhere :p

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

ran the client and  saw my gpu useage  spike. i would say it  probably makes use of the GPU bu im sure its prob not fully optimized yet

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

downloading 6 mb/sec...shouldnt take that long

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

After the big patch, there's another ~160mb patch

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by colddog04

So for me it downloaded 5.1 GB like Sammyeli said.

The difference between the two dat files is ~2.7 GB.

Before: 13.3 GB

After: 16 GB

strange becouse i downloaded it fresh and its only 13.5gb

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by saurus123

I'm at 15,3gb from the previous 12,7gb.. alot of variants around :D

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.

Odd that. Wonder what's going on. Mine's at 16GB after updating. 

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by korat102

Odd that. Wonder what's going on. Mine's at 16GB after updating. 

16 069 558 KB = 15,3 GB, checked for updates just a while ago.

Edit: fairly sure your .dat file is exactly the same size as the previous poster's, just note that the KBs don't convert to GBs in exact thousands.

Edit 2: file size remained exactly the same after -image.

True but still doesn't explain Saurus's 13.5 GB. If 'freshly' downloaded files are smaller than updated ones, maybe they need to  look at reclaiming space within the file. That's quite a lot to waste. Don't suppose they're too bothered at this stage though, it's still in beta after all...

Just looked at my file, it's 16,068,829. 

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

The files in the dat archive are usually compressed. So you might want to start the client and see how big that archive is afterwards. Also, you might want to use -image as a command line parameter to get all files, not just the mandatory.

• RockhideRockhide Member Posts: 155

I am also at 13.5 Gb after a fresh download.

It's not unreasonable that in addition to adding resources necessary for the current build they've also removed some uneeded ones as well.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by Rockhide

I am also at 13.5 Gb after a fresh download.

It's not unreasonable that in addition to adding resources necessary for the current build they've also removed some uneeded ones as well.

I wonder if regions would account for the difference. Supposedly NA and EU versions are downloaded through different data centers? I've got the larger version of the sizes claimed here, maybe something like different language packs for EU version would account for the size difference?

Ah, that's a possibility. I have the larger file and I'm in the UK.

Spending all my time on here to get away from the incessant media coverage of the Queens Jubilee celebrations :p

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I was sloppy.

16,534,779,328 bytes. 15.3 GB.