Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Streaming Demo Version Launched

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has partnered with cloud gaming service, Gakai, to bring a new demo of TERA to a worldwide audience instantly.

“Gaikai’s powerful cloud streaming service gives players a chance to enter the action combat world of TERA almost instantly,” said Chris Lee, Vice President of Publishing at En Masse Entertainment. “Within seconds of accessing TERA through Gaikai, players will be immersed in the skill-based combat of a true action MMO where they will experience the depth of a traditional MMO alongside the visceral satisfaction of an action game.”

Check out the streaming TERA demo.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Does anyone know how high the lag, if any, is with this type of service?

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by m240gulf Does anyone know how high the lag, if any, is with this type of service?
    Click the link and find out!  "The Service is temporarely unavailable."  ROFL.

Or how about this one: "We experienced an unexpected technical problem and were unable to start the Gaikai game service. Please try again."

Maybe they should have tested it first, before launching a Press Release? LMAO.

• vio1vio1 Member UncommonPosts: 64

If you do get in you are on an island...no npcs it tells you get ready to fight after walking for a bit

you see this zone looking thing you can walk into it but its a dead end.

I play games just like you

• ranknvileranknvile Member UncommonPosts: 17

I have played on the Gaikai cloud servers before, and they work quite well, and have little to no lag (Witcher 2 is still available to demo).

Check it out here (http://www.gaikai.com/)

PS: they have just added the Alan Wake PC demo (all demo's are full games, just with time limits)

Cheers

• NormantisNormantis Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by vio1

If you do get in you are on an island...no npcs it tells you get ready to fight after walking for a bit

you see this zone looking thing you can walk into it but its a dead end.

yup same here.

Perhaps its a bug I will try again later. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This will be f2p by fall, I will wait until then.

• XiveilXiveil Member UncommonPosts: 12

Love these type of troll comments.  Seen nothing but an increase in player base over the last month.

• GrimtuthGrimtuth Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Bought this on a lark. Just wanting to do something different on the final beta weekend.

Can't say that I was pulled in that weekend. Changed servers on release. 3 days later I was talking to a Co-worker about it. Now have 3 friends playing it.

At best I was hoping it might fill a gap until gw2 comes out. Now, not going to pick up gw2 for a while.

This game, quite simply, is unbelievably fun. I honestly haven't had this kind of fun in an mmo since the very early days of ac/eq/daoc.

Is definitely worth a go imo.