Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

En Masse reveals info on next update

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Xasapis

I'm more interested to see how they can tie the battlegrounds or the guild vs guild wars to the vanarch system than the actual battlegrounds themselves.

It's a tricky subject because we don't really know the details under the implementation. Currently the game has no, so called, PvP gear and they don't seem to be needed. There is a chance on many pieces of gear to get a stat that increases damage toward players or reduces the damage you take from players, PVP gear is alive and well in TERA, you just don't grind "honor" or whatever to get it from a merhcant.  Its a random stat like any other.

Will En Masse give incentives to enter BGs despite having none for OWPvP or GvG?

Personally I'd love to see some cosmetic gear for those successful in PvP, but I fear that the crowd that comes from now mostly instanced content (WoW BGs, arenas, Rift BGs etc) will want to see gear upgrades.Beyond that however I wouldn't want to see any movement that would compromise the OWPvP in favour of instanced PvP content. The reason is obvious, there are games that are or will be doing such a structured content a lot better than Tera, while there isn't any mmorpg of this quality that is doing open world fractionless PvP at the moment.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Leucent
    Originally posted by oubersLol, this is funny. You never played DAOC, if you claim theres no PVE, and the game is crap till you hit max level. As far as the 15 vs 15 BGs, well there goes the pre release, "OMG the OWPVP is great". It will slowly disappear to nothing, and all you ll see is people waiting for a que.

So you are PRO 60's running around ganking lowbies all day long because they have nothing else to do?

Because you DO know that the Battle grounds are only for level 50+

Meaning the world PVP for a VAST majority of the game is entirely uneffected.

Meaning your assumption is extremely flawed.

At first it won t happen, but if you think they won t release BGs for other levels, down the road, you re fooling yourself.

Thats a nice crystal ball you have there fortune teller.

Look, I get it, you are all embarrassed because you spoke out against something when you didn't do ANY research AT ALL into the subject mater and now you are back pedaling with some predictions like you are a sooth sayer.

Look, En Masse and Blue hole both said they will have their BG's at high level because PVP i nthis game is balanced around team play, and around higher level play.  

So before you look into your mystical crystal ball, read some articles, educate yourself.

Thanks.

Not embarrased at all. If you don t think it s going to effect OWPVP, you re fooling yourself. It takes no time to hit 50+ in this game, from what I experienced and read, so , ya it will effect it alot. It s like most games, guildies will be 50+ talking about hitting up some BGs , others are lower, and will just want to hit the BG levels.

You can go on and say it won t effect OWPVP, but you know damn well it will, and probably in a big way.

Not embarrased at all. If you don t think it s going to effect OWPVP, you re fooling yourself. It takes no time to hit 50+ in this game, from what I experienced and read, so , ya it will effect it alot. It s like most games, guildies will be 50+ talking about hitting up some BGs , others are lower, and will just want to hit the BG levels.

You can go on and say it won t effect OWPVP, but you know damn well it will, and probably in a big way.

Again, wild speculation, no facts at all.

You don't even site other games that HAD open world PVP and then how they were impacted by their introduction of instanced PVP ruined them.

Just claiming something is true doesn't make it true, have you played TERA?  Then you should know that open world PVP happens all the time, and that it wont' be changed by a BG system, people kill each other while questing all the time, people camp daily monsters, people get butt hurt and have their guilds hunt down people and put bounties on their heads.

You forget one thing sir, this isn't WoW.  There aren't 2 factions.  Its open world PVP with open faction PVP, its something new, so stop trying to fit it into an old system, an old school of thought.

Edit:  By something new I mean a factionless game that has instanced PVP BG's.  

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Well, the game already has something that other games don't have in terms of PvP, ie factionless open world PvP. I guess battlegrounds are a necessity for those with limited time that want a quick PvP fix in a controlled environment. Personally I don't see how would anyone choose battlegrounds over open world PvP unless:

• battlegrounds offer huge rewards
    • time is limited

Battlegrounds are more easily accessable then open PvP, unless you want to go on a ganking spree.

As for this update, when is it scheduled for?

Originally posted by Yamota

Well, the game already has something that other games don't have in terms of PvP, ie factionless open world PvP. I guess battlegrounds are a necessity for those with limited time that want a quick PvP fix in a controlled environment. Personally I don't see how would anyone choose battlegrounds over open world PvP unless:

• time is limited

Battlegrounds are more easily accessable then open PvP, unless you want to go on a ganking spree.

"Before the end of Summer"

"By the end of summer"

depends on which website you look at, but its something about the end of summer.

You don't even site other games that HAD open world PVP and then how they were impacted by their introduction of instanced PVP ruined them.

Just claiming something is true doesn't make it true, have you played TERA?  Then you should know that open world PVP happens all the time, and that it wont' be changed by a BG system, people kill each other while questing all the time, people camp daily monsters, people get butt hurt and have their guilds hunt down people and put bounties on their heads.

You forget one thing sir, this isn't WoW.  There aren't 2 factions.  Its open world PVP with open faction PVP, its something new, so stop trying to fit it into an old system, an old school of thought.

So what you re saying is facts? I can just as easily say you re speculating, that you know it won t effect it. Come on, you have to know it will. I mean I know you love Tera, but BGs always have and always will effect any OWPVP a game has to offer.

So what you re saying is facts? I can just as easily say you re speculating, that you know it won t effect it. Come on, you have to know it will. I mean I know you love Tera, but BGs always have and always will effect any OWPVP a game has to offer.

Name an mmo with no factions that has open world PVP that added in instanced PVP, then explain how it was effected negatively by the introduction of instanced PVP.

Oh you can't?

That would be my point.

Edit: Not sure what my loving or not loving TERA has anything to do with you making wild baseless assumptions, which have literally no leg to stand upon.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Of course they are. All instanced content is more accessible than it's open counterpart. That's why we see more themepark based mmorpgs and features than sandbox ones. Seeking fun instead of having it handed to you will always be more pleasant in the short term. Aren't we getting tired of that approach though? Or when Archeage finally arrives we'll be up in arms demanding it to become a clone of what we've already been playing, while at the same time whine that we've been playing the exact same way for so long?

• time is limited

"By the end of summer"

depends on which website you look at, but its something about the end of summer.

Ok, will take a break from TERA until then and hope that you can level through battlegrounds. Cool combat or not, I can't stand leveling through PvE, it is just so repetetive and dull.

Name an mmo with no factions that has open world PVP that added in instanced PVP, then explain how it was effected negatively by the introduction of instanced PVP.

Oh you can't?

That would be my point.

Edit: Not sure what my loving or not loving TERA has anything to do with you making wild baseless assumptions, which have literally no leg to stand upon.

Lol, I can t name one, but that is my point. An OWPVP game adding BG s in the first place id a joke, now you want to argue the fact that it won t effect OWPVP. That is just laughable.

Now tell me how it can t effect it.

Oh you can't? I thought so.

Lol, I can t name one, but that is my point. An OWPVP game adding BG s in the first place id a joke, now you want to argue the fact that it won t effect OWPVP. That is just laughable.

You still don't get it do you?

You are assuming, based off literally your gut, that this game will be NEGATIVELY effected by instanced PVP, even though there is absoultely NOTHING to support this belief.

We get it, you don't like it, you can say you don't like it, but to then say that  you some how KNOW it will be negatively impacted is just arrogant and silly.

• time is limited

"By the end of summer"

Ok, will take a break from TERA until then and hope that you can level through battlegrounds. Cool combat or not, I can't stand leveling through PvE, it is just so repetetive and dull.

You will not be able to level through them, they will be high level only.

I'm sorry you don't like the PVE this game has to offer, its far more flavor than any other theme park I've played in the past decade.

You still don't get it do you?

You are assuming, based off literally your gut, that this game will be NEGATIVELY effected by instanced PVP, even though there is absoultely NOTHING to support this belief.

We get it, you don't like it, you can say you don't like it, but to then say that  you some how KNOW it will be negatively impacted is just arrogant and silly.

No it s you that doesn t get it. I have nothing to support it, except that BGs have effected any form of OWPVP in any game in existance. You seem to think, Tera is untouchable in this matter. Well, supporting facts or not, I m right, theres no way in hell it won t effect it. Think about it, and if you need me to explain it one more time, I will.

Tera doesn t have BGs now, they re adding them for 50+. People are like sheep, and want instant gratification. Any OWPVP at 50+ will be effected when BGs come in. Why because people want it easy. They won t want to go look for it, when they can press a button and wait for it.

So to sum it up. You re speculating as much as I am, that it won t happen, but history shows us that it will. Keep fighting the good fight, and tell me it won t , but we all know it will.

• time is limited

"By the end of summer"

You will not be able to level through them, they will be high level only.

I'm sorry you don't like the PVE this game has to offer, its far more flavor than any other theme park I've played in the past decade.

Well it isn't this game's PvE but rather most games PvE. They are linear, boxed in and not very challenging unless you try on something much higher than you which will then be much harder but nowhere near worth the rewards, I think exp is capped or something because sometimes I try and kill mobs maybe 6-7 levels higher than me and they just give marginally more exp than one a couple of levels higher. PvE in MMORPGs just isn't interesting enough...

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Originally posted by Teekay

15v15 cross server player battlegrounds?

You think that's cool?

Wow, really? Honestly what sort of games did you play before Tera, because honestly, your expectations are so very very low.

Yes we know that your expectations are very low to. Rvr??? Seriously??? Warhammer copy -paste

• TeekayTeekay Member Posts: 94

BGs have effected any form of OWPVP in any game in existance. You seem to think, Tera is untouchable in this matter.

Tera doesn t have BGs now, they re adding them for 50+. People are like sheep, and want instant gratification. Any OWPVP at 50+ will be effected when BGs come in. Why because people want it easy. They won t want to go look for it, when they can press a button and wait for it.

QFT!

When there's no reason to OPvP, no keeps to take, no reward for OPvP people won't bother. It's already happening in tera. When they introduce bgs with rewards people will just stand around in Lumber Town waiting for them to pop.

Why is Tera any different from Wow, Rift, Aion, Warhammer and Swtor.

Daoc did it right. Battlegrounds were open right up until you hit level 45, then you had to participate in big scale realm vs realm. So you could level up with pvp, there was no gear grind pvp, and by the time you hit 50 you had some realm points and pvp skill.

As the guy said, levelling up in tera is fast. Bgs will kill opvp.

• TeekayTeekay Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by palulalula

Yes we know that your expectations are very low to. Rvr??? Seriously??? Warhammer copy -paste

Wat?

Warhammer failed terribly at rvr. It tried to reproduce daocs keep taking system but was let down for many reasons.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by stayontarget
    Originally posted by Mexorilla
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Tera is going to go F2P just watch and see...

who cares if it does?  i'd rather play a game for free than pay.  you say it like it would be a bad thing.

Some gamers do think its a bad thing,  but hay its the new catch phrase now days and it looks like almost every company is doing it now days so what ever floats your boat.  But that's one cruse ship i'm gonna pass on.

*you can take your f2p and stick it*

You better get use to f2p, it's the way of the future...

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Well it isn't this game's PvE but rather most games PvE. They are linear, boxed in and not very challenging unless you try on something much higher than you which will then be much harder but nowhere near worth the rewards, I think exp is capped or something because sometimes I try and kill mobs maybe 6-7 levels higher than me and they just give marginally more exp than one a couple of levels higher. PvE in MMORPGs just isn't interesting enough...

Well you can group up or solo BAMs and the repeatable quests for them if you want a challenge while running instances on the side.

BAMs start around level 20 and are well worth the reward for killing them.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Seriously how are you guys not tired about posted the exact same things over and over and over and over, read the last 5 pages and good 3-4 pages of it is pretty much the same thing been repeated -.-

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

westernized pvp these days is instanced battlegrounds..fail

Originally posted by Istavaan

westernized pvp these days is instanced battlegrounds..fail

Yet KTERA is getting battle grounds too... and WoW is very popular there as well...

I'm baffled as to why battle grounds make pvp westernized.

To those of you who are crying fowl about battle grounds being introduced, are you even playing TERA?

If yes, please explain why in YOUR words you think it will be bad for the game, use specifics.  Thanks.

To the others who are merely upset that a game is adding instanced pvp when you never intended upon playing it to being with, why do you even care?

As a player of TERA, I personally think the BGs will be a boon to the game.  Many people want to set up group PVP events but its hard to organize, this game's death matches are extremely fun, and I've been doing my best to try to organize as many as possible but its simply difficult to set up so many death matches and keep it fresh and new, while still trying to keep it sort of balanced teams.  A tool to set up teams for you and objectives with arenas to fight in will be very exciting.  

The open world PVP will still be fine, anyone who has played TERA knows that there are plenty of people who enjoy fighting people at level, I will often times be out killing BAMs and someone will try and kill me, so I'll wind up using the monster to kill them, or at least attempt to do so.  Which is another unique aspect of this game, but thats neither here nor there.  There is plenty of reason for people to be out in the world for PKers to hunt them, BAMs are VERY rewarding, and there are daily quests in locations where people set up ambushes. 

Thats my thoughts.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Teekay

Because battlegrounds are not improvements. They're the ultimate way to terminate open pvp.

Every single game which had battlegrounds caused open pvp to dissapear. Look at Warcraft,swtor and rift. It's people standing around in teh cpital cities/areas waiting for the next bg to pop.

If you thought open pvp was bad now wait until the bgs kick in, it will be deserted.

EXCEPT that the instanced PVP is only for level 50+

Soooo the world PVP for >50 is entirely uneffected.

And the world PVP as it is right now is extremely alive and kicking, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

YAY for making assumptions!

On top of that GvG will never die so Im not sure what horrible open world pvp your talking about.  As long as there are guilds and leaders on the pvp servers, there will be open world pvp.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152

• time is limited

LoL and what about Age of conan?, They even have hardcore pvp servers. TERA pvp is a gankfest, you cant call that ¨pvp¨, and at this time people want battlegrounds over open pvp. Still end of the summer will be just too late for TERA, at the end it will be a game for a niche group of players, well already is, 11 servers where just 3 of them are heavy at primetime and the free month is not over yet.  

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

I'll say it again. TERA is a B- Rated P2P, but a A+ rated F2P.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2