Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cut my pointer finger tonight.....

2»

Comments

• BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Originally posted by Lucrecia

...so deep that stitches would be justified and the first thought was "I'm glad this was not a GW2 BWE weekend".  Sick, maybe a little?  Bandaged now and typing one handed hoping the bleeding will stop soon.

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to turn into another Skyrim joke, ala the arrow to the knee haha. You must really like GW2. It's a fun game. I hope you feel better :)

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Feel better soon, OP.

Originally posted by Zeno89

The ironic thing is how bad of a game Guild Wars 2 is. I don't get it, are you trying to be on the cool kid's bus? It's not a good game... Think we realized that after the first Beta Weekend.

Why are you here?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

...so deep that stitches would be justified and the first thought was "I'm glad this was not a GW2 BWE weekend".  Sick, maybe a little?  Bandaged now and typing one handed hoping the bleeding will stop soon.

Cutting your finger or anything else because it was a BWE would be sick. Being relieved that you can keep doing whatever your hobby is after an injury isn't sick.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Hey guys.  Thanks for all the well wishes.  I did cut it to the tendons.  Last night when I bent my finger I saw the moving tell-tale signs of white glistening sinew.  So I did give it a good alcohol wash, neosporin, telfa pad with medical tape, splinted it with a craft stick, wrapped it with gauze fastened with more medical tape.....never played a cleric/priest class but I could have been a half decent nurse come to find out.

@Quenchster ...ouch....oooouch....I'll have nightmares of that tonight.

@Zeno89 ...cool kids don't ride buses so I'm not sure where you're going there.  ;)

• BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262

Hey guys.  Thanks for all the well wishes.  I did cut it to the tendons.  Last night when I bent my finger I saw the moving tell-tale signs of white glistening sinew.  So I did give it a good alcohol wash, neosporin, telfa pad with medical tape, splinted it with a craft stick, wrapped it with gauze fastened with more medical tape.....never played a cleric/priest class but I could have been a half decent nurse come to find out.

@Zeno89 ...cool kids don't ride buses so I'm not sure where you're going there.  ;)

I hope you went to the hospital and got that thing fixed up, at least initially anyways. That sounds bad. A good friend of mine screwed up his finger like that and didn't go to the doctors and now he has problems playing any game that uses w,a,s,d movement.

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

Originally posted by Banegrivm

I hope you went to the hospital and got that thing fixed up, at least initially anyways. That sounds bad. A good friend of mine screwed up his finger like that and didn't go to the doctors and now he has problems playing any game that uses w,a,s,d movement.

Lost my insurance 6 months ago so...no.  I'm not concerned about a finger scar (I can always make up a really exciting/racey story of how I got it)  so getting stitches, for me this time, isn't a must.  I have full feeling in my finger and as long as I keep it splinted up and cleaned it will heal nicely.  I have a nurse friend who I confided in.  Free medical advice FTW! :D

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Zeno89

The ironic thing is how bad of a game Guild Wars 2 is. I don't get it, are you trying to be on the cool kid's bus? It's not a good game... Think we realized that after the first Beta Weekend.

You have a mouse in your pocket?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Put some Robitussin on it.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

Put some Robitussin on it.

LMAO! That bit is still funny.  "If you run out of 'Tussin put some water in a jar, shake it up! Mo' 'Tussin! Mo' 'TUSSIN!"

It's nice to have a light hearted discussion once in a while. Sorry about the injury but some good came out of it!

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Banegrivm

This was my first thought. I would have been straight down the doctors / Hospital with an injury like that.

Its a bit different when you have to pay for any medical attention though......espcially if you dont have insurance.

Free health care FTW!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

That happened to me once when i was splitting wood for the grill with a small axe (one handed), i was holding the small block of wood, and was thinking, "thats not a good idea" but i must have been slow this day because i still swung the axe a couple of time thinking how stupid i was doing that. I think the whole quarter jumped that day... Anyway i was super lucky, the finger is still there, and no not in a box its on the hand ;p Hope it wasn't that serious for you...

• Twisted77Twisted77 Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Crazy glue - thats what atheletes use. ;)