Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cut my pointer finger tonight.....

LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

...so deep that stitches would be justified and the first thought was "I'm glad this was not a GW2 BWE weekend".  Sick, maybe a little?  Bandaged now and typing one handed hoping the bleeding will stop soon.

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Something tells me this wouldn't slow you down even if this WAS a GW2 BWE weekened...image

• PhaedricPhaedric Member Posts: 18

Umm...I'm sorry for your misfortune. Hope it heals before next weekend!

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Originally posted by BartDaCat

Something tells me this wouldn't slow you down even if this WAS a GW2 BWE weekened...image

My keyboard has suffered through worst than pools of blood.....it would just be inconvenient and sticky.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by Lucrecia

...so deep that stitches would be justified and the first thought was "I'm glad this was not a GW2 BWE weekend".  Sick, maybe a little?  Bandaged now and typing one handed hoping the bleeding will stop soon.

Weak.

A real man (yes I can see the avatar, it's a joke) smashes the keys with his fist through a haze or pain and doesn't care.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

But, but, but....D3 requires that finger. How will you manage? image

Seriously, wrap it tight and hold it above your heart.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet. image

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by terrant

Weak.

A real man (yes I can see the avatar, it's a joke) smashes the keys with his fist through a haze or pain and doesn't care.

D:  With my current injury the only game I think I could play pro still is Diablo3...*smirks*

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Ok...how did you know I was going to go there in the next post? Creepy.

Pro tip!

Edit: I can D3...just got to shift the fingers and use my middle/ring finger instead.  Thumb can still hit all naga buttons. ;.)

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Was it your right or left hand? If it was your right, you are out of luck in Diablo 3. However, you'd still be able to press 1 and run around in circles with your left hand, so GW2 should be no problem.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Press 6. There, problem solved.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Ok...how did you know I was going to go there in the next post? Creepy.

Pro tip!

Edit: I can D3...just got to shift the fingers and use my middle/ring finger instead.  Thumb can still hit all naga buttons. ;.)

I'm not stalking you. I repeat: NOT stalking.

*quietly shuffles back into the bushes*

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

QUICKLY LOOK FOR A MONK!!!!!

...Oh wait....

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

Get better soon!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

You need to disenfect which Im sure you've done.  Using rubbing alchohol or whatever. 

Once the bleeding stops, a bandage or heavy bandaid over it will cushion the sensitivity and allow use.  It feels a little awkward but once its clotted a good solid cushion on the finger will at least allow it to be usable. 

However for a PC user this is the worst kind of injury.  I dont know how bad you cut yours, but Ive done this before probably to a lesser degree.  Not pleasant. 

On another wilder note my wife works at Sonic and claims she has discovered that lime juice in a wound hurts like holy hell.  However she also claims if it happens, the wound will completely heal in just a few days.  Which I found to sound incredibly wonky.  Except now her co workers are claiming the same thing.  Get lime juice in the wound, scream and cry like a baby, and then watch it heal right up.  No.....I wouldnt try it either.   image

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Just a fun fact, a keyboard is dirtier than a bathroom toilet seat :)

Uhh... what?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Auzy

I can certainly imagine how that might be possible for some.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I know that thought. I fell down the stairs, almost an entire story, a few weeks ago. The tip of my chin that was holding my four bottom front teeth in place was shattered, the gums with that shattered bone torn, and my upper lip pierced by two of the four bottom teeth that flew out. I got about 3 layers of stitches with the gum. My face was covered in blood and rug burns. The bottom teeth couldn't be put back in because the foundation was too damaged to keep them in place. But the good thing was that there wasn't beta weekend when that all happened! I was on some heavy pain meds and probably would have slept through the whole thing. It wasn't my first thought, but it came up after I got injected with some morphine.

Originally posted by Quenchster

I know that thought. I fell down the stairs, almost an entire story, a few weeks ago. The tip of my chin that was holding my four bottom front teeth in place was shattered, the gums with that shattered bone torn, and my upper lip pierced by two of the four bottom teeth that flew out. I got about 3 layers of stitches with the gum. My face was covered in blood and rug burns. The bottom teeth couldn't be put back in because the foundation was too damaged to keep them in place. But the good thing was that there wasn't beta weekend when that all happened! I was on some heavy pain meds and probably would have slept through the whole thing. It wasn't my first thought, but it came up after I got injected with some morphine.

AAAAAAHHHH!!!!  Your post actually made me sick to my stomach!  My God!  AAAAAAAHHH!!!  NOOOOOOO!  NOOOOO! 

What the hell!?  Thats....freaking horrible man!  HORRIBLE!  Im going to go cry in a corner for a bit.  Glad you are alive....

Did you actually think of GW2 while being injected with morphine!?  Really?  AAAAAAHHH!!!!  NOOOOO!  image

• Zeref.DyverZeref.Dyver Member Posts: 270

The ironic thing is how bad of a game Guild Wars 2 is. I don't get it, are you trying to be on the cool kid's bus? It's not a good game... Think we realized that after the first Beta Weekend.

Originally posted by Zeno89

The ironic thing is how bad of a game Guild Wars 2 is. I don't get it, are you trying to be on the cool kid's bus? It's not a good game... Think we realized that after the first Beta Weekend.

Alrighty then.  Actually you are on the cool kids bus.  Congrats. 

Now you can put your sun shades on.....at NIGHT no less and stand in the corner at parties watching everyone else have a good time while whispering to everyone that happens to walk by you, " You're lame....yawn....lame.  You?  You're lame too.  You're cool.  No Im just kidding you're lame too.  "  

You're like....one of the cool guys now......yeeeea......

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Auzy

I can certainly imagine how that might be possible for some.

Oh yeah, I always keep my penis resting on the keyboard whenever im not using it.

And sometimes when I am using it...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• Zeref.DyverZeref.Dyver Member Posts: 270
    Originally posted by Corehaven
    Originally posted by Zeno89

Alrighty then.  Actually you are on the cool kids bus.  Congrats. 

Now you can put your sun shades on.....at NIGHT no less and stand in the corner at parties watching everyone else have a good time while whispering to everyone that happens to walk by you, " You're lame....yawn....lame.  You?  You're lame too.  You're cool.  No Im just kidding you're lame too.  "  

You're like....one of the cool guys now......yeeeea......

Hey I think it's time for bed there buddy.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by Corehaven
    Originally posted by Quenchster

Did you actually think of GW2 while being injected with morphine!?  Really?  AAAAAAHHH!!!!  NOOOOO!  image

No! That would've been weird. They fed the morphine through my I.V tube and afterwards I got calmed down to a point where I could be less focused on the situation.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

put a glove on it

• Put some superglue on it and forget the bandage.

Good to go.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I dont know whats happened around here lately, but Lucrecia cutting his/her/its finger is the most interesting thing to happen around here in weeks.

Drink water and walk it off, you will be fine come BWE 2.  Still sucks though.