Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERABAD - I Want A Refund

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by SalmonSalad

Did the box say repetitive PvE, lack of PvP, awful community and exploits? I bought the digital version and missed it.

never heard of any exploits, you can make up what ever story you like, however, that does not make any of us believe a word you have to say.

Lack of PVP?  it has open world PVP, I pvp more in this game than any other MMO in the past 10 years.

And you said it was an asian grinder?  HAH  I have two 60's in less than a month of playing, and I've not even been playing that hard core.  How could it possibly be a grinder?  It has several ways to level and its at a rather quick pace.

OP, you are simply someone who cannot be bothered with facts.  :-(

15v15 battleground also announced for pvp, just saying :D.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.

It's so bad it's TERABAD and I want a refund.

Ok 1st of all I am on a PVE server and at level 30, just give you my input so far.

1. Community - Very helpful when asked for help and many guilds to join from. Players always looking for other players for help on certain missions in the open world.

2. PvE - This game is no different then WoW when it was released (yeah I know that was 2004, but it does have a Classic WoW feel to it). Alot of us gamers now want more from a MMO since WoW raised the bar on what should be in a mmo now.

3. PvP - Join a guild or go become a PKer on a PvP server, you can attack anyone you want (above 11). Other than that, I cant speak much about the PvP servers since I am not on one at the moment.

4. Always exploits in new games that players find, nothing new hear.

5. It definitely looks asian, but no different from Aion and Final Fantasy, so if you like them type of graphics, TERA will be easy to adjust to.

Now things I found in TERA that stood out for me.

1. Combat style is fun and different than what we are used to, dungeons are more challenging since there is no tab targetting and open world questing as well when it comes to combat (it is nice having combo moves in game).

2. Huge shared bank space for all your characters.

3. No restrictions on how many crafting professions you want to do and harvesting, gathering or mining give buffs.

4. Open seamless world effect, you can travel from one location to another on mount without having to load in another instance. However when you take the Flight Masters to travel, I sense this is there load session or if you use teleport inside a dungeon.

5. It has a looking for Dungeon party que.

6. Your story mission, guild missions, zone missions, group missions, and repeatable missions to choose from.

7. Enchanting weapons, Glyphs to change your characters build and customable social gear..

I am pretty sure there is more I can throw down, but this is all I know at this hour of the night and being only level 30 on the game.

I am not much of a fantasy game player since I usually choose Sci Fi settings for my game, but TERA is awkward enough for me to play at the moment. To me this game took a while to get acclimated to its mechanics, but now I am enjoying my time, at least for the 1st month. I will resub to it for another month.

*edit for mispelling

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Nitth

Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.

Research before you buy then maybe you wont have this problem.

I'm mean really, Did it do everything it said on the box?

Agreed, a little research will save you a lot of troubles.

Tera delivered what it promised to do, no more or less. If that ain´t enough do your research.

I am starting to get tired of people wanting a refund but easily could have found out that they shouldn´t buy the game before launch. It is one thing if the game actually are broken but Tera is relatively bug free.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Drealgrin

It's another Korean MMOclone crapfest. Thanks for your baseless opinion with no facts or data or information to back up any of these baseless claims., just like Aion was before it. Aion, the 2nd most played MMO is a crapfest?  Heh, well haters gunna hate I guess?  . I'll never understand why a westerner this makes you sound racist. would buy this type of game when there are SO many that are EXACTLY the same for free if you just look online.  Name one?  RaiderZ? Oh right its actually very different... Other than that there is literally nothing even remotely close.

Cool story bro, its nice when people have facts or at least back up their opinions with data other than negative adjectives that give literally no detail or information other than how much you personally dislike something.  

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

I got the game for half price on Amazon. The PVE is terrible and if anyone says "its just like WoW" needs to go back and play WoW. Now, for those who are actually still reading, I'm still playing cause nothing better is around. It's something to keep me busy till PSO2 goes open beta. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119

Making a topic here about asking for a refund seems bit awkward to me mmorpg.com can't give you refund back.

I'll strongly advice you to try enmasse for refund then asking a mmorpg site for refund:P

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by I_Return

kind of funny since Tera's entire game is based around guild vs guild pv and political system, things that you wouldnt see until deep in to the end game, which in most mmos , the part where the game really starts. Ive never seen any mmo have everything  a player wants at the beginning of character creation, most great things are granted to actual "players" of the game.

Getting mad that SWTOR is failing really shouldnt have posters trying to sabatoge one of the best mmos to be released since LotRO.

Maybe you have missed this but GW2 have all at beginning after you create your character:)

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by StrangeEyes
    Originally posted by I_Return

kind of funny since Tera's entire game is based around guild vs guild pv and political system, things that you wouldnt see until deep in to the end game, which in most mmos , the part where the game really starts. Ive never seen any mmo have everything  a player wants at the beginning of character creation, most great things are granted to actual "players" of the game.

Getting mad that SWTOR is failing really shouldnt have posters trying to sabatoge one of the best mmos to be released since LotRO.

Maybe you have missed this but GW2 have all at beginning after you create your character:)

Nope, not true. Yes it is a great game but there is no gvg and political system as they are in Tera.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Actually GW2 "will" have these things, when the game actually launches (well, minus the PvP servers that is).

It's like taking the feature list of DF (before that game was out) and questioning every other developer why their games don't have them. Well, we do know how that worked out. Unrealistic expectations can hurt the enjoyment of the game, when it eventually comes out.

Also, GW2 talk in every part of the forum is now elevated to the status of general mmorpg chat channel where people claim that wow is the first mmorpg. Annoying, of little substance and adds nothing to the discussion.

As for the OP, I'd say one thing. I find it hilarious that people consider Frogster a bad company, when EN Masse is the one riddled with issues, especially on the subscription and billing front. I suppose that some of you consider a company good when they have patient GMs, despite any other issues?

I hope your issues are resolved, though I doubt this is the proper media to solve them. But I guess you're just here to unload some steam.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

And you are  fan of 4 games, right?  gw2+gw2+gw2+gw2

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Actually GW2 "will" have these things, when the game actually launches (well, minus the PvP servers that is).

Will have what? Vanarchs? Elections? Wtf are you talking about? Realy tired of the senseless hyping...

Originally posted by palulalula

And you are  fan of 4 games, right?  gw2+gw2+gw2+gw2

That "terabad" description reminds me of gamebreaker.tv clowns and the treatment they gave Tera as opposed to their love child SW:TOR. I guess now they have no room in their mouth to stuff their feet into.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Drealgrin

It's another Korean MMOclone crapfest. Thanks for your baseless opinion with no facts or data or information to back up any of these baseless claims., just like Aion was before it. Aion, the 2nd most played MMO is a crapfest?  Heh, well haters gunna hate I guess?  . I'll never understand why a westerner this makes you sound racist. would buy this type of game when there are SO many that are EXACTLY the same for free if you just look online.  Name one?  RaiderZ? Oh right its actually very different... Other than that there is literally nothing even remotely close.

Cool story bro, its nice when people have facts or at least back up their opinions with data other than negative adjectives that give literally no detail or information other than how much you personally dislike something.  

All you did was shoot down his baseless opinion with your own baseless opinion image

• spiralpenspiralpen Member Posts: 36

If you are unwilling to research a game before you buy it, then too bad. Many people have already complained about same things you just did, so seriously.. your own fault :(

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

GW2 is going to rule over TERAble.  All the fun, without the grind.

Originally posted by Dredphyre

They'll both have grind, have no doubt about it. It's on every individual to decide whether they find the grind fun and for how long.

Having said that, it's a tad unfair to compare a niche game like Tera that offers very specific stuff you won't find in GW2, with a casual behemoth that tries to cater to everybody. It's like saying that EVE is bad because it's less casual and less forgiving than WoW, less popular too.

Bad comparisons from narrow minded people who can't possibly fathom that you can have fun in a game although it's not the most popular in the market.

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

gw2 has grind it's just not for better gear.  stop ripping off other people "TERAble" memes, grow a pair, and make informed decisions on your own.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

I'd like to know what grind you think is present in TERA.  Personally I think the way the game is designed its impossible to grind anything besides gear at max, which is normally expected in any MMO if you wish to get the best equipment for your character at high levels. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I agree with OP. Game is not terrible, it has gorgeous gfx and fun combat but the rest is so dull. PvE gets repetetive after a while and the PvP is pointless so what is there left to do?

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

They'll both have grind, have no doubt about it. It's on every individual to decide whether they find the grind fun and for how long.

Having said that, it's a tad unfair to compare a niche game like Tera that offers very specific stuff you won't find in GW2, with a casual behemoth that tries to cater to everybody. It's like saying that EVE is bad because it's less casual and less forgiving than WoW, less popular too.

Bad comparisons from narrow minded people who can't possibly fathom that you can have fun in a game although it's not the most popular in the market.

every mmo have grind factor it is about the user what kinda grind user accepts.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

TERA is a niche game? It is the most typical ThemePark game I have played in years. The only difference is the combat, everything else is so standard ThemePark.

GW 2 seems more more innovative, with the flexible combat system (changing weapons to use different skills) and the WvWvW PvP. TERA has the political system but frankly, without a PvP component, I dont see much point to it.

Both the art style and the combat system is a big turn off for certain people. The art style is something pretty obvious. The combat system will deter anyone that is used to mouse click and target lock his targets. Unless you're arguing that Tera is mainstream.

GW2 is a casual player's heaven, they've done everything they could to catter to as many people as possible, both in terms of marketing and in features. I'm not sure that you can seriously argue that GW2 is a niche product meant for a very specific sub selection of mmoprg players.

• adis5005adis5005 Member UncommonPosts: 46

What's with all the "I want a refund" talk lately? Did you play for more then 2 weeks? If you did, you got what you payed for, deal with it, I have at least 15 boxes after MMOs that I don't play, and I dont whine about every single Euro I spend getting these. Thats life.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

Good post, you think comparison is spot on! GW2 is aimed to much more mainstream audience so WoW/EVE comparison is a fair one. It's sad that in every video game community, not just MMO's, there is this highlander mentality of 'There can be only one!'.

This discussion has been closed.