Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERABAD - I Want A Refund

Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.

It's so bad it's TERABAD and I want a refund.

Comments

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Maybe try EMasse CS then?

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by SalmonSalad
    Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.It's so bad it's TERABAD and I want a refund.

Research before you buy then maybe you wont have this problem.

I'm mean really, Did it do everything it said on the box?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.

I'm kind of neutral on it, at least they tried to be a "little" bit different.  I bought it played it but it didnt hook me.   I have to admit that GW2 has though, I just hope they can clean up their performance problems.  Need 60 plus FPS everywhere or I wont stick with it.  I probably get 100 plus fps in open areas but GW2 runs like a turd when there is a allot going on, game drops down 30 FPS or even worse in some places.  Unacceptable considering how average the game looks.

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    Originally posted by Nitth

Research before you buy then maybe you wont have this problem.

I'm mean really, Did it do everything it said on the box?

I'm pretty sure the box did not say "Bad community, Bad PvE and to top it off incomplete PVP!" Hey.. I'm just a messenger.

• SalmonSaladSalmonSalad Member Posts: 14

Did the box say repetitive PvE, lack of PvP, awful community and exploits? I bought the digital version and missed it.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

You wont be missed :D .

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

This post gets a 1 out of 5. Would have scored higher if he had also talked about the things he liked about the game and things they could change to possibly make the game better. Classic rage quit totally worthy of the rating that it has been given.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Did the box say repetitive PvE, lack of PvP, awful community and exploits? I bought the digital version and missed it.

Word of advice is try before you buy, if you can't try yet wait until you can, if you were interested why didn't you play in the beta events they had? I couldn't care less how good or bad Tera is ( I have no idea) it's on you to make informed decisions, not the company.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Thats what happens when you believe the hype and listen to fanboys on forums...instead you should read what the so called haters are saying.

They are the only people pointing out what they think is wrong with the game. If you can weed through the real haters who just say the game sucks and thats it...and find the ones giving actual reasons for not likeing it you may be able to find things important to you.

I pointed out so many times that the story is downright stupid, the crafting was weak, the quests were boring/repetitive and didnt bring anything new and was damn near typical Asian grindy and a complete lack of depth in terms of things to do outside of questing...it sure did meet with a lot of replies of but it has action combat and dodge is awesome get a clue!

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Just curious, did you do any research? Or did you buy into the hype that most game developer's use to sell game's? Personally before i think of buying a game, I do as much research as I can. That way I limit the # of bomb purchases i make.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

what level did u get to?

• SalmonSaladSalmonSalad Member Posts: 14

I know. I'm kicking myself. It sounded like fun. I like FPS games and though the FPS combat would be good... but it felt clunky and faked because of the large hit boxes... but I kept playing because my "friends" said "dude, come do the BAMS!" So stupid. I feel so stupid.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

I know. I'm kicking myself. It sounded like fun. I like FPS games and though the FPS combat would be good... but it felt clunky and faked because of the large hit boxes... but I kept playing because my "friends" said "dude, come do the BAMS!" So stupid. I feel so stupid.

So now you know, an MMO requires more than just combat that sounds like fun. And if you ever played SWTOR you know that an MMO needs more than just a story. And if you ever played AoC you know that nipples does not make an MMO good. And if you ever...its a learning process man.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Originally posted by Mannish

This post gets a 1 out of 5. Would have scored higher if he had also talked about the things he liked about the game and things they could change to possibly make the game better. Classic rage quit totally worthy of the rating that it has been given.

You forgot to deduct 1 point for same day registration rage quit.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373

Oh look, someone has created a new account just to bash TERA, never seen that happen before.

Post on your main dude and maybe someone will take you seriously.

BTW, I find TERA to be a solidly average MMO, probably around a 7 to 7.5 but I enjoy it for the fun aspects it has and will do so until something better comes along.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by pacov
    Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by SalmonSalad Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.   It's so bad it's TERABAD and I want a refund.
      Research before you buy then maybe you wont have this problem. I'm mean really, Did it do everything it said on the box?
    I'm pretty sure the box did not say "Bad community, Bad PvE and to top it off incomplete PVP!" Hey.. I'm just a messenger.

it didnt promise any of those things so it didnt fail to deliver!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

So write to EnMessa. Why u r writing here about that. 

Also checking few gameplays and/or reviews on youtube is a good idea before u buy a game. And off course, I totally don't agree with u. TERA is a good game. 

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Oh look, someone has created a new account just to bash TERA, never seen that happen before.

BTW, I find TERA to be a solidly average MMO, probably around a 7 to 7.5 but I enjoy it for the fun aspects it has and will do so until something better comes along.

You noticed that too, eh?

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

TERABAD? Not bad.  How about TERAble?  lol..I don't know, haven't played it.

I have to ask about the girls though. The Marketing PR around this game claims there's lots of girls playing it. Last I heard there were 12 Spanish dental hygenists, 1 Swedish model, and 13 Hentai voice actresses ( a number that also happens to be their age).   And these are just the girls that the market department are telling us about...there's got to be tons more!

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by BartDaCat

You noticed that too, eh?

Really dont understand why people on forums take the time to do things such as that, for any game at the matter.  But haters gonna hate I guess.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I'll trade ya Diablo 3 for it. Then you will see what a really TERABAD game looks like.

• ResterzResterz Member Posts: 71

Im just glad I got in on one of the weekends, and got to try it out because it seemed pretty cool. It wasn't.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Before you start bashing others like that, take a look on your own account. 14,600 posts, that's around 7 posts every single day without exceptions in almost 6 years. A lot could be said about that too, you know.

And btw, I do take him seriously. Well, just a little though, like all comments about a game. His opinion alone does nothing for me, but it adds up to the overall opinions the masses have about the game. Which in turn will help me decide if I'm gonna try this game, or not. His post was poorly written with lack of details, but frankly, you added less than he did.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

never heard of any exploits, you can make up what ever story you like, however, that does not make any of us believe a word you have to say.

Lack of PVP?  it has open world PVP, I pvp more in this game than any other MMO in the past 10 years.

And you said it was an asian grinder?  HAH  I have two 60's in less than a month of playing, and I've not even been playing that hard core.  How could it possibly be a grinder?  It has several ways to level and its at a rather quick pace.

OP, you are simply someone who cannot be bothered with facts.  :-(

• DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

It's another Korean MMOclone crapfest, just like Aion was before it. I'll never understand why a westerner would buy this type of game when there are SO many that are EXACTLY the same for free if you just look online.

This discussion has been closed.