Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Even if the game was/is the best game of the year!

CopenhagenCopenhagen Member UncommonPosts: 57

Which I find very hard to believe, while some might find it very fun, and enjoy it a great deal.  That don't mean the rest of us will.

That said, I would not touch GW2 with a 5,000,000ft pole.  Or shove any more money into NC Soft's pockets.  I don't like them.  Yes, I know they did not make the game.  But they are making money from it.

Therefore, they can just count me out.

Comments

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

Ok.

Thanks for your opinion on the matter.

• ScarlyngScarlyng Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by Copenhagen

Which I find very hard to believe, while some might find it very fun, and enjoy it a great deal.  That don't mean the rest of us will.

That said, I would not touch GW2 with a 5,000,000ft pole.  Or shove any more money into NC Soft's pockets.  I don't like them.  Yes, I know they did not make the game.  But they are making money from it.

I'm sure you will be missed, and that the game just won't be the same without you.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

goodnight

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

This is true.  Not everybody will enjoy GW2.  There's NO game that everybody will enjoy.  Games simply don't work that way.

This must suck when it comes to buying games, because honestly, there's so many reasons to dislike so many game companies, and NCSoft is hardly the worst offender for unlikable game company.  Activision and EA come to mind, just off hand, and if you don't play any games that either of them make money off of, that's a pretty huge chunk of games right there.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I never understand people who hold these sort of grudges against video game developers or even publishers in this case.. it really makes no sense to me at all.. if a games good I will pay and play it,  simple as that.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I never understand people who hold these sort of grudges against video game developers or even publishers in this case.. it really makes no sense to me at all.. if a games good I will pay and play it,  simple as that.

X2

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Err... OK.

Am I missing something here?

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Irus

Err... OK.

Am I missing something here?

Doubtful.

• letsxhatletsxhat Member Posts: 156

I don't have any grudges, but AION was heralded as the second coming too. People were deleting there WoW toons and stuff like "F U BLizzard!!" It turned out not to be all that original to put it mildly. I also wonder how they are going to handle bots. They were rampant in AION.  Customer service is a concern aswell. I almost never need them, but when I do, I want my issue to be handled right. 

I'm always a little skeptical of Korean companies.  I still remember when I first heard GW2 was being produced by NCsoft, my heart sank a little.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yeah have to agree, it's about the games for me not the business.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DarthSovDarthSov Member Posts: 14

So let me get this straight. Your overall opinion on games is that regardless of the game devs actual perpenceity in execution and qualityof the said product, its all for nought if that publisher is deemed more or less evil!

You may have had a point if it were the case for instance that EA were involved but here you're exhibiting signs of severe silly.

Originally posted by DarthSov

So let me get this straight. Your overall opinion on games is that regardless of the game devs actual perpenceity in execution and qualityof the said product, its all for nought if that publisher is deemed more or less evil!

You may have had a point if it were the case for instance that EA were involved but here you're exhibiting signs of severe silly.

This is not a TSW EA situation. TSW is 100% owned by Funcom. Funcom is independent. NCsoft is the owner of Anet, and the producer of GW2. Many of us are hesitant when it comes to Korean companies.

edit for clarification...

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by letsxhat

This is not a TSW EA situation. NCsoft is the owner of Anet, and they producer of GW2. Many of us a hesitant when it comes to Korean companies.

and why does it really matter if it is? if TSW is a good game and people enjoy it who cares if it is funcom and EA?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

Make a poll and see it for yourself. I'm betting 1000 internet points that you are in minority.

This is not a TSW EA situation. NCsoft is the owner of Anet, and they producer of GW2. Many of us a hesitant when it comes to Korean companies.

and why does it really matter if it is? if TSW is a good game and people enjoy it who cares if it is funcom and EA?

well it's not Funcom and EA. It's Funcom. Funcom is a independent unlike Anet. GW2 is NCsoft. It's owned and funded by NCsoft a Korean game maker. Maybe you misunderstood me.

OP can say I hate NCsoft so I wont play GW2. The money goes straight to NCsoft.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Are you referring to the Hatfields or the McCoys? lol

Have fun with whatever gaming path you take!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

well it's not Funcom and EA. It's Funcom. GW2 is NCsoft is owned and funded by NCsoft a Korean game maker. Maybe you misunderstood me.

Can't compare a company that makes a bad game to a company that is funded by a company that made a bad game. NCsoft has no influence on Arenanets development of the game. Are any of their staff working with arenanet to incorporate ideas to the game? no.

Originally posted by pacov

well it's not Funcom and EA. It's Funcom. GW2 is NCsoft is owned and funded by NCsoft a Korean game maker. Maybe you misunderstood me.

Can't compare a company that makes a bad game to a company that is funded by a company that made a bad game. NCsoft has no influence on Arenanets development of the game. Are any of their staff working with arenanet to incorporate ideas to the game? no.

NCsoft owns Anet. Anet wont see a penny until NCsoft gives it to them. It's NCsofts game. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Ncsoft is just as money hungry as any other major publisher.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Are you referring to the Hatfields or the McCoys? lol

Have fun with whatever gaming path you take!

I like your reference. That was a good show, and surprising pretty accurate in regards to the events that took place.

On topic:

Stats and source when refering to us?

I'm sure ArenaNet will miss your money. Have fun with whatever game you decide to play.

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

The only detail you're missing is that GW2 wouldn't exist if not for Ncsoft money...

NCsoft owns Anet. Anet wont see a penny until NCsoft gives it to them. It's NCsofts game. 

You missed the point. I'm not talking who pays who, I'm talking about NCsoft not making the game. Technically yes they own the game but they have not made it like they made AION.

You missed the point. I'm not talking who pays who, I'm talking about NCsoft not making the game. Technically yes they own the game but they have not made it like they made AION.

There is no Anet outside of name. It's NCsoft. They pick, pull and put people where they want like EA did Mythic and Bioware.  If you really think NCsoft doesn't sign off on everything "Anet" does, I don't know what to tell you.

My point is that OP is well within his bounds to say "I'm not playing it because I'm not giving NCsoft money."

There is no Anet outside of name. It's NCsoft. They pick, pull and put people where they want like EA did Mythic and Bioware.  If you really think NCsoft doesn't sign off on everything "Anet" does, I don't know what to tell you.

My point is that OP is well within his bounds to say "I'm not playing it because I'm not giving NCsoft money."

straw man argument at its best.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

That's nice.

I guess I won't see you in WvWvW?

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

This discussion has been closed.