Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Mummy Online: Our Official Mummy Online Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Mummy Online is based on the semi-recent blockbuster The Mummy series of movies. In our latest review, we take a look at The Mummy Online to see how it has shaped up. See if you agree and then leave your thoughts in the comments.

The Mummy is one of those franchises where you just go “this would make such a good game” and then when you delve into the lore a bit deeper you can't help proclaiming “this would make such a good MMO”. The 1999 movie tells a desert tale of the ancient Magi sect as they try to stop the evil Cultists from restoring their linen clad master to his former glory, the titular Mummy. Rick O'Connell stands in the middle of this age old struggle and we follow his adventures as he tries to stay alive.

Read more of Peter Kerr's The Mummy Online: Our Official Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

I didnt see any mention of the fact that the game was FREE in the "value" section.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by Grand_Nagus

I didnt see any mention of the fact that the game was FREE in the "value" section.

Probably because the game is only "free" if you don't have to pay to play and, essentially, you do.

I was in the beta for this and was incredibly underwhelmed. I lasted maybe a day or two, then left for months because it had severe latency issues. When I came back, I saw the dependency on the  cash shop and wiped it from my list of playable games entirely. I don't have a problem with a tempting cash shop, but you better be damn sure your game is worth it and further, doesn't end up more expensive due to necessesity than I'd pay for a AAA P2P MMO. 

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

4.7! Higher than D3...so it must be better!!

• LiltawenLiltawen Member UncommonPosts: 245

TSW has an Egyptian section.

• shantibashantiba Member UncommonPosts: 31

Protip: akin is one word. I may be getting too old to read the stuff they post on MMORPG.com these days. 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

8/10 in grafics? really?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Harbinger of Fools
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

If only the "reviews" were this brutal with larger more higher profile titles...

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

Originally posted by saker

If only the "reviews" were this brutal with larger more higher profile titles...

exactly what i was thinking. i love the brutal honesty, but unfortunately its wasted on a game ive never even heard of before, and had no desire to play anyways. i cant wait to see if this same new "honest" tactic at tackling reviews is continued from here.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Psychow

4.7! Higher than D3...so it must be better!!

If only ratings were based off Unrealistic Hype expectations and never put to extremes. A game thats not really well hyped up and viewed in such a crazy light will tend to get more honest reviews... still not accurate really but still more realistic.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Makes me sad bigpoint has the IP for game of thrones,  a really greedy ass company that does not deserves anyone cash.

• norhdralnorhdral Member Posts: 1

I agree. If the game itself is good enough you do not need to hype it all over.

chocolate maple glaze

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by gotha

Makes me sad bigpoint has the IP for game of thrones,  a really greedy ass company that does not deserves anyone cash.

Exactly, anyone who thinks this game is free is halucinating.  The game of thrones will be just like it.  I thought Perfect World games were greedy, they have nothing on Bigpoint games.  Horrible publisher, horrible games.