Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am to lazy to look even if I knew how

PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

Will the cross server grouping be available during BWE2?

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
8 gig Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Comments

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Oh, not this again...

The way GW2 is structured I hope it won't ever need RDF.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by Irus

Oh, not this again...

It's not through a RDF as far as I know. You can just go on another server for PvE only and play there, if for example you are playing at an hour when your server has few online. That's what he's asking about.

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade

Oh, not this again...

It's not through a RDF as far as I know. You can just go on another server for PvE only and play there, if for example you are playing at an hour when your server has few online. That's what he's asking about.

so i go to another server.and spam a chat for hours on end vs pushing a button on my own server,and getting a group in 15 mins

id rather choose option number 2.pushing a button and getting a group 15 mins later.not to mention i dont think ive heard anything about just going freely to another server and playing there,i thought that was only when your server was full they put you for free on another server and that was only until the server pop died down so you could join it

kinda like getting rid of sitting in a queue when your servers full like other mmos have

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Oh, not this again...

Nono, that's the way WoW works, because they don't have enough people to keep areas busy.

GW2 has the opposite problem, where there's too MANY people, so they get shunted to overflow servers.

For what it's worth, so far as I'm aware, guesting (The ability to move to a friend's server) is still not in place, but the ability to follow your party to an overflow server (So you can keep your group together) is intact.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774
    Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

so i go to another server.and spam a chat for hours on end vs pushing a button on my own server,and getting a group in 15 mins

id rather choose option number 2.pushing a button and getting a group 15 mins later.

Yeah, this guy is talking about an RDF.

I'd rather get to know my server.

Granted, if guesting is too widespread, I guess that won't really be viable.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Oh, not this again...

id rather choose option number 2.pushing a button and getting a group 15 mins later.not to mention i dont think ive heard anything about just going freely to another server and playing there,i thought that was only when your server was full they put you for free on another server and that was only until the server pop died down so you could join it

kinda like getting rid of sitting in a queue when your servers full like other mmos have

The guesting feature we think the OP is asking about has nothing to do with trying to find a group for anything.  It simply allows you to go play on another server in case you learn you have friends on that server.  It's the same as MMOs that allow you to roll a new character on any other server at any time, except in GW2, you can actually take any of your characters to any other server at any time.  

There will be no circumstance where you move to another server to "spam chat for hours on end."  

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

id rather choose option number 2.pushing a button and getting a group 15 mins later.

I am jsut asking because I am fairly certain the people I know will be on diff servers during the BWE2 and the guesting will make it easy to group up. When the game goes live I probably will not use this feature at all.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by Palladin

I am jsut asking because I am fairly certain the people I know will be on diff servers during the BWE2 and the guesting will make it easy to group up. When the game goes live I probably will not use this feature at all.

I don't know if guesting will work during BWE2. ArenaNet might let more free server transfers happen this time around. We don't know yet.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I've seen nothing official on this feature for BWE2. It might make sense to test it, now that other server issues have been fixed, but who knows. You could try asking on Twitter tomorrow. If they know the answer, they may tell you.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

A LFG tool would be nice to have, but only if:

1. there are low population issues
    2. traveling takes too long to get the group going

I don't really think GW2 would have any of these issues though at launch.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

There is cross-server play, but not grouping.  The option of cross-server is known as "Guesting" where you're going to that server to play the PvE content.  PvP and WvWvW cannot be done while guesting.  There are also some other limitations that I'm unaware of, but their minimal.   However, this is your option, OP.  Take it or leave it.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Oh, not this again...

There's both. What you're talking about is the overflow server, basically if a server (or zone) is too full, instead of putting you in a queue it creates a new server (the overflow) for you to play, and when a spot is available on the regular server you're asked if you want to keep playing on overflow or transfer to the server.

There's also the guesting feature. You have a home server, anything you do in WvW and the bonuses you receive from it will be on your home server, and it's the same for all your account, every character you create will be on that server, and if you transfer to another home server, all your characters go to it. However, that doesn't mean all your characters must play on that server, you can become a "guest" on another server, basically (from what I've read) like a free server transfer but only for PvE, and there's no limits (again, from what I've read) on how often you guest. If it works like I believe it will, you could play a character fully on any server you wish, even between US or euro servers, but only for PvE.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248

When it comes to PvE, there is technically only 1 server.  Your name is unique across every single server so anyone can  move around the servers at ease.  There should be a looking for group tool to combine all the servers into one central hub to form a team for dungeons PvE wise.