Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Release (not preorder) DVDs... will be available or not?

kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127

Hello, i am sorry if this already covered but i couldn't find it on the guide here.

So my question is about installation DVDs. As far as i understood there won't be any DVDs for the preorders.

So i am wondering will there be DVDs in the final release at least? Is it worth waiting till then or i will just get the same empty box from the retail store? The DVDs are important for me cause my connection is really slow. And i don't mind waiting.

I am interested for EU specifically, but feel free to answer for US as well if you know so the threads becomes helpful to more people.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

i don't think anyone but Anet knows if there will be install discs.  Digital download is pretty mainstream now.

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by kinart

Hello, i am sorry if this already covered but i couldn't find it on the guide here.

So my question is about installation DVDs. As far as i understood there won't be any DVDs for the preorders.

So i am wondering will there be DVDs in the final release at least? Is it worth waiting till then or i will just get the same empty box from the retail store? The DVDs are important for me cause my connection is really slow. And i don't mind waiting.

I am interested for EU specifically, but feel free to answer for US as well if you know so the threads becomes helpful to more people.

Thanks in advance.

It's the age of Gigabit bandwidth.. or at least here in Kansas City. ;)

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

i do not think there will be install disk i had the for GW1 but evean if i use them all the data gets replaced any way.

so even with disks after a year or more with the updates that come out it will still take a long time evean with the disks

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

I belive it will come in DVD format too, since there are still a lot of people that buy from stores. Can't say 100% sure tho.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

If you pre purchase in store for gamestop you will get a box when its available aka release date. Only pre purchase doesn't come with a DVD mainly because there isn't one to give out atm, since the game is still being tested.

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

there are 3 version of the game

• Digital Edition no DVD

• Digital Deluxe Edition no DVD

• Collector's Edition not sure does not say there is one but also do0es not say there is not one

from what i seen if you buy one of the digital ones you get a box with a code in it if you buy the CE you just gte a code.
    i do not know if there will be a box copy of the game other then the CE witch will not be on sale for every.