Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Before this week...

jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

I had reservations about TSW past the first month.

But then this week came and now I'm 90% sure, I'll not only be playing this game past the first month; but seriously considering a lifetime sub.

I'm waiting for them to release what the actual subscription plan is first though.  They need to release that info preferably before launch.

I have the feeling that everyone that has reservations just needs to try the next Beta weekend if they can, it may change a few minds about the game I think.

Comments

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

people in CB are saying the last patch changed the combat a lot, i heard a talk about a dodge mechanic too now...

I hope that in the next BW they don't use that one year old build, instead they should use the CB build.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774
    Originally posted by rpgalon

people in CB are saying the last patch changed the combat a lot, i heard a talk about a dodge mechanic too now...

I hope that in the next BW they don't use that one year old build, instead they should use the CB build.

Is there really that big of a difference between the CB and BW builds???

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by Irus
    Originally posted by rpgalon people in CB are saying the last patch changed the combat a lot, i heard a talk about a dodge mechanic too now... I hope that in the next BW they don't use that one year old build, instead they should use the CB build.
    Is there really that big of a difference between the CB and BW builds???

yes

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

For me it's all about character creation. If they improve that [something more than choice of some different heads] I'm sold. If they don't improve the customization options I'll be on the fenc.e.

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

I think it's quite certain they are going same route as AoC and AO. 1 month at 15 3, 6 and 12 with lower monthly rates. At some point going with deals 3, 6 and 12 with some stuff included and better price. Then free to play model in two years or so.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

As I've had the possibility to get my hands dirty with the CB I've ordered lifetime.

The beta weekend client was very outdated and I was on the fence aswell, but after seeing what they're doing in the CB my reservations went pop.

1 month of waiting starts with nothing else to play currently :/

• chaod1984chaod1984 Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by JuJutsu

For me it's all about character creation. If they improve that [something more than choice of some different heads] I'm sold. If they don't improve the customization options I'll be on the fenc.e.

Trust me, the character creation is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more in-depth now than what you had seen.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

DON'T BUY A LIFETIME SUB RIGHT AWAY.

I cannot stress this enough.

No. Do not. Do not do it.

Enjoy the game? Play a month or so.

You will regret buying a lifetime sub if you don't enjoy it as much when you get deeper in the game.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

What was it about the game that really sold you? (I loved the missions and story, not sure about combat).

I heard there are some dodge skills somewhere in the wheel, have they changed it so its more like TERA/GW2 with a default manual dodge? How much have they changed since the last 2 beta weekends? (which is all I've played).

I also worry that there won't be enough content, after STO I will never buy a lifetime sub, who knows whether you will get the same enjoyment after a few months.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by zevni78

What was it about the game that really sold you? (I loved the missions and story, not sure about combat).

I heard there are some dodge skills somewhere in the wheel, have they changed it so its more like TERA/GW2 with a default manual dodge? How much have they changed since the last 2 beta weekends? (which is all I've played).

I also worry that there won't be enough content, after STO I will never buy a lifetime sub, who knows whether you will get the same enjoyment after a few months.

Honestly, im betting that its going to be the double tap dodge mechanic from AOC..while it was entertaining its a gimmick..though i feel most active dodges are in tab target games...

From what ive heard leaked, and not in the NDA breaking way, is that the CBT testers are saying combat is a lot diffrent in their build than was in the nerfed client open beta #1 and #2.

Its not going to be night and day, and i would safely assume, if you dislike the resource building and spending combat with finishers then youll still be dissapointed.

My hope is that the animation are more flashy ect..not because it matter to me but because im sick to death of hearing people who wont be playing bashing the games combat.  It sucked for me my first try but once i got the hang of it, it became fun and i never really noticed it standing out as "horrible"  i actually liked it.  Took some getting use to, which is what i want.

Id have been less impressed if they had flashy animation with wow style combat, something that felt natural right from the start...i hate jumping into a game and already have the combat masterd by level 3.

Also i think having the most basic skills in game only avaliable did the combat some injustice.

But as far as the lifetime sub goes...funcom doesnt shut down games, Anarchy Onlines still being developed since 2001, although theres like 15 people working on the monumental task of converting it to a modern game engine...but i did read their new pve/pvp themepark attraction...looked interesting.  Funcom lifetimes imo get their values worth eventually...if a rocky launch doesnt put you off permanantly at least.

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

There's a closed beta running right now? How do i get in? ;P

Hype train -> Reality

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178
    I heard there is twice the content of swtor at launch.